Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Analog sticks are fine. Just because your bad at them doesnt mean everyone else is. You should check out console fps tourney videos if you think they are inaccurate as fuck. They require more skill and practice to master and thats why pcmasterracefanbois get butthurt.
    Because aim assist isn't a thing on consoles. Cursing and calling people names doesn't make what you say actual fact, sorry to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Analog sticks are fine. Just because your bad at them doesnt mean everyone else is. You should check out console fps tourney videos if you think they are inaccurate as fuck. They require more skill and practice to master and thats why pcmasterracefanbois get butthurt.
    They don't require more skill or practice. They're far slower and require lower levels of accuracy. Console games are generally designed with slower gameplay to facilitate use of analog sticks. That's just a fact.

This is Quake 2, from 17 years ago:

It's still faster than anything that's ever been on console.

While I think DOOM will be a good game, I don't know if it'll be a true successor to the classic DOOM games. Its quite clear that they're focusing on the console market despite how the first two games are still relevant on PC to this very day. I'm saddened by the lack of modding, and from what I've gathered from all of the information of the multiplayer so far, I can't see how this will be big with the Quake multiplayer scene, let alone how long the multiplayer will last. It sounds like a Brutalized Halo with alt-fire, loadouts, and Titanfall's burn cards. I doubt it'll last any longer than a month

Meanwhile, there is no such things as a Quake/CSGO pro that participates in tournaments with controllers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this thread was about DOOM... not this controller/mkb shit.
    Get back on topic.

Which is why whenever playtested even worse PC players beat top console players 10 - 0 lol.

Because analog sticks are so good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I thought this thread was about DOOM... not this controller/mkb shit.
    Get back on topic.
    Sorry, didn't see until I replied

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    The single player side does feel a lot like the old Dooms though.
    Is it though? From what I've seen it seems to be mostly about large arena style maps and that's what they've been pushing as an idea in initial trailers at least. That's not really Doomlike. It's more akin to a Serious Sam franchice of clear this big area from shit ton of mobs and move to the next. Not saying it's bad, Serious Sam is great fun but it's not Doom.

Doom traditionally has well crafted, multifaceted levels with very varied layouts even from level to level basis and if that's turned into something else I wouldn't say the feel of old Dooms is there even if looking at a bubble of ignoring everything else.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that you can't really make a Doom game like the old games because the amount of realism required is just too much development time. I mean, I guess you could if you don't mind watered down character models and level design. I think that is kind of where Doom failed, more realism instead of less classic style game. I mean, you don't get maps with huge hordes of enemies in an area like the old games, but those maps were often times very open while Doom 3 and 4 are more linear. I suppose that is the major difference between old and new. I don't like linear games to be honest.

Sooo..

Anyone else here been playing some Project Brutality DooM while waiting for the new DooM to drop?

And if you don't know what Project Brutality is: It's Brutal Doom on steroids.

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Sooo..

Anyone else here been playing some Project Brutality DooM while waiting for the new DooM to drop?
    Im attempting to do a new playthrough of doom 3 bfg edition, but the division and halo and fallout are cooperating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know... I generally can stomach a lot of virtual violence, but what they have done with Doom just seems to be too much. That scene in which the monster (revenant?) tears off the character's hands is just way over my tolerance level. I hope there will be some "reduced violence" option or something, because that is too much, to the point of being a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Im attempting to do a new playthrough of doom 3 bfg edition, but the division and halo and fallout are cooperating.
    I wanna play it again, but....that would also require me to hook my PS3 back up....too lazy to go through that atm (my setup is a mess..it's a pain to move the stand where my systems are in order to run the wires).

So it's either get unlazy...or buy the PC version (which I may do anyway, since it'll be a better overall experience. Though the PS3 version is pretty damn close since it's a game from before it's time).

In hindsight: I would probably recommend just getting the ORIGINAL DooM3/RoE. BFG edition did take out a lot of the atmosphere of the game by removing the flashlight mechanic and brightening things up a lot.....also it costs like $10 more for not really much added (I already own the originals).
    Last edited by Keile; 2016-03-28 at 02:39 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Except it was present in about every single screenshot.

Unless the alpha footage I've seen lies outrageously (not the marketing one at that), this is either bullshit or you've not really ever played any fast paced shooters outside of name-calling Quake Live

The chainsaw is through and through canned animation with no interrupts. How do you turn that off in the options?
    What screenshot? Have you not looked at the recent ones? I didn't want to post them all here. But you should rewatch Terminator 2 and see how the effects of a foundry have on the lighting. Most of the demons have gone through some color changes over the year.

You are correct that the games isn't as fast as Quake Live - but it is close. Speed is one of those things I am sure Id is currently testing. Also the Field of view is very narrow so it might appear much slower than it really is.

Chainsaw is a "power" weapon in the game so by definition it has one shot kill effect. I agree that these can get annoying fast.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know... I generally can stomach a lot of virtual violence, but what they have done with Doom just seems to be too much. That scene in which the monster (revenant?) tears off the character's hands is just way over my tolerance level. I hope there will be some "reduced violence" option or something, because that is too much, to the point of being a deal breaker.
    That isn't what got me. I thought the chainsaw animations were a little gratuitous. I am sure there will be a blood reduction option.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2016-03-30 at 05:04 PM.

Just got my closed beta invite. Starts thursday, anyone know if it will have singleplayer or just multi?

Just got my closed beta invite. Starts thursday, anyone know if it will have singleplayer or just multi?
    Its just a multiplayer beta and good chance will have the same content as the alpha (That we can't speak of).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its just a multiplayer beta and good chance will have the same content as the alpha (That we can't speak of).
    Considering there was a 10 gigabyte patch. I doubt it is just the same content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Considering there was a 10 gigabyte patch. I doubt it is just the same content.
    Yes, on Steam it appeared right after the e-mail

I got the beta key too and i just need to download the game... 14gb.... god. I'm just curious to see how this game runs on my system more than trying multiplayer, which i'm not interested at all.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    The beta will include a new MP map. Check the main site for more details.

I hope that they open the beta up again later in April but I am not holding my breath. The more testing, the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    The beta will include a new MP map. Check the main site for more details.

I hope that they open the beta up again later in April but I am not holding my breath. The more testing, the better.
    First alpha was already stable, but too few people around and on the european side, way too many people speaking in their native language so you had french, german, dutch, spanish all going through each other on voice chat...

Wonder if i'm invited in didn't get a mail yet but do have client access on steam so..

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    First alpha was already stable, but too few people around and on the european side, way too many people speaking in their native language so you had french, german, dutch, spanish all going through each other on voice chat...

Wonder if i'm invited in didn't get a mail yet but do have client access on steam so..
    Currently installing/updating for the beta. Quite frankly, I hope they've toned down rocket splash damage.