10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If memory serves, armors are like ME2/ME3, set in stone with perhaps a choice between a few options. I sure hope I can put everyone in combat armor, Peebee's midriff-baring jacket looks silly in a firefight.
    Really no more so than Samara's boob window, or Miranda's onesie. ME1 was the only game in the series where you could put "real armor" on your companions. Though it's worth pointing out all these examples are primary biotics, who I think get a pass on the "armor" thing because ya know, space magic.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Really no more so than Samara's boob window, or Miranda's onesie. ME1 was the only game in the series where you could put "real armor" on your companions. Though it's worth pointing out all these examples are primary biotics, who I think get a pass on the "armor" thing because ya know, space magic.
    Should have light armor at least though, anything else is still just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah, and that bugged me there too. I'm fine with more outlandish character design when off-duty or in quiet areas. If we're in deep space and/or expecting a fight, I don't want my squad to look like a fashion parade.

Then again, a lot run around without helmets in combat situations which is also really stupid. But i guess you kinda can put that under "game stuff" so you can see faces and such for conversations.

Or maybe they should just make it so that helmets go off for conversations, after giving everyone a helmet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Then again, a lot run around without helmets in combat situations which is also really stupid. But i guess you kinda can put that under "game stuff" so you can see faces and such for conversations.

Or maybe they should just make it so that helmets go off for conversations, after giving everyone a helmet.
    For me, that's just a "game thing" to help me feel more like I'm playing my character and not "nameless soldier #43". I thought ME2 had this option though? "helmets off" in cutscenes only?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, and that bugged me there too. I'm fine with more outlandish character design when off-duty or in quiet areas. If we're in deep space and/or expecting a fight, I don't want my squad to look like a fashion parade.
    Yeah but 90% of the game takes place in "deep space or expecting a fight".

Personally I think they did right by just creating more stylized armor.

In any case, I expect to see a bunch of "alternate appearance packs".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There are games from 1980s with better animations. It's all relative and subjective.
    Probably not, but there are definitely Games from 2005 with better Animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    Probably not, but there are definitely Games from 2005 with better Animations.
    Well, lets compare. Please name these games.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I wonder why Mediamarkt in cologne are going to sell this game for 39€ for PS4 (67€ would be the normal price). Is this a bad sign or just some sort of promotion?

Sadly there is no such offer in Austria

10+ Year Old Account
    ^That is laughably misleading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    ^That is laughably misleading.
    what do you mean by that? it was a question

10+ Year Old Account
    Aimed at the post above yours, we just posted at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    RIP

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C56lUfPXEAAcf66.jpg[IMG]
    Lol, people are so desperate.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

That's a character kit you're using, put side-by-side, with an in-game menu screenshot from a game of 2012.

A lot of people are ignoring one major detail about the Character Kits: They're meant for cosplayers, not as actual examples of in-game model quality. That's like using a datamined model from a PTR in modelviewer from wowhead, as an ingame sample of how a boss or NPC looks like. Without things like lighting, special effects, particle effects, and other doodads, of course its gonna look worse.

The Character Kits were never meant to showcase model quality, they're there so cosplayers can get a look at the outfits. Which is why they put so much emphasis on the material of the clothes, and put far more focus on the hands, feet, chest, and legs than on the face.

You want to get an actual sample of how Ryder looks ingame? use this:

or this for the lovely Dr Sexi........errrr I mean Lexi:

And here's one for Dad!Ryder:

Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-06 at 01:07 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account
    RIP
    I agree legitimate complaints are definitely resting in peace at this point. Scott isn't that much shorter then John. He also isn't meant to be the atypical soldier. Bioware wanted get away from that type of hero for this round and make it a more homegrown type. Also Captain America started off scrawny as well so it really is just a troll argument at this point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

No matter the origin, Shepard had had a pretty rough life even mefore ME1, and was already considered to be one of the best and most bad ass soldiers Alliance had.

Compared to her, the Ryders are little kids. They don't have big merits under their belt yet. Their dad is a big deal, but the kids have had relatively minor postings before Andromeda Initiative.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-03-06 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    That's a character kit you're using, put side-by-side, with an in-game menu screenshot from a game of 2012.

A lot of people are ignoring one major detail about the Character Kits: They're meant for cosplayers, not as actual examples of in-game model quality. That's like using a datamined model from a PTR in modelviewer from wowhead, as an ingame sample of how a boss or NPC looks like. Without things like lighting, special effects, particle effects, and other doodads, of course its gonna look worse.

The Character Kits were never meant to showcase model quality, they're there so cosplayers can get a look at the outfits. Which is why they put so much emphasis on the material of the clothes, and put far more focus on the hands, feet, chest, and legs than on the face.

You want to get an actual sample of how Ryder looks ingame? use this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hDNsNzg.jpg[IMG]

or this for the lovely Dr Sexi........errrr I mean Lexi:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YfBLYxY.png[IMG]

And here's one for Dad!Ryder:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nxkZxo0.jpg[IMG]
    Those hairs on the top picture are pretty darn amazing. Fearing for my PC's performance. The facial expressions are also great, Hollywood A-class level.

The only issue I've had so far is that all faces look kinda... "greasy", "oily", with a lot of unnatural reflection. I suppose it makes the game look more "cool", but it also feels a bit weird. I've see this in some other games, including DAI and, to an extent, Witcher 3, and I've never understood the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Those hairs on the top picture are pretty darn amazing. Fearing for my PC's performance. The facial expressions are also great, Hollywood A-class level.
    I'm relieved that my PC surpasses the minimum requirements (in fact, most of my specs are at the recommended level except the video card, but even then, the video card is above the minimum required) so I'm not worried.

Speaking of hair, bioware has said that there wont be any plastic hair here like in previous games. Hair will actually move this time. I think they're going to use the same technology used in the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider, which gave Lara a very realistic hair that moved and waved depending on weather, and your own movement.

Mass Effect Andromeda: The spirits within :P

The only issue I've had so far is that all faces look kinda... "greasy", "oily", with a lot of unnatural reflection. I suppose it makes the game look more "cool", but it also feels a bit weird. I've see this in some other games, including DAI and, to an extent, Witcher 3, and I've never understood the reason.
    I noticed that too. I mean, it'd make sense if the characters were sweaty, but they're inside a space station on all those screenshots, you'd think they have the air conditioner on, right? I mean, it doesn't bother me, because it does make them look "cool", albeit unnatural.

My only peeve as I mentioned a few posts above, is that Cora looked like she was permanently smiling regardless of the situation, and that when characters make the "Sh" sound (Such as when saying words like "Chance" "Check" "Should", etc) their lips more or less go "duck face" for a split second. Its not bad enough to ruin a scene for me, but it does make for some hilarious screenshots if you time it right.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

RIP
    2/10 for effort

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    https://twitter.com/MrJoelMac/status/833788228079595521
    Broryder is 1.85m or 6'1. Sisryder is 1.72m 5'8.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked FF: The Spirit Within. Thought it would have been a better movie without the FF tag.

I am looking so forward to a non strategy game I can sink time into. The last game I got that wasn't strategy was Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon.