Weapon Augs are really weird. They have inconsistent effects. Like, they suck on certain weapons, but then excel on others.

I crafted a Carnifex with the sticky grenade aug, and it was crap. It barely did any damage. But now I crafted an N7 Valkyrie AR with the sticky grenade aug, and this thing is insanely good.

its almost like every aug is meant to be used with a very specific weapon for best results.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can honestly say that the game has quite a lot of mini-bugs in my playthrough. Nothing drastic, just some minor flashes. A Kett once got stuck in the air and, once I shot him, magically reappeared on the surface... Liam got stuck in one spot once, not reacting to any commands... Fell through a crack in the ground into a polygon I couldn't get out of...

This kind of thing is to be expected from open-world games. If you look at Skyrim, it is far worse there, and people even often say, "Bugs in Bethesda games are a feature". Or Witcher 3; Roach alone was bugged into oblivion. Given the degree of freedom the player in open-world games has, it is nearly impossible to polish the game to the level more streamlined games have. I'd say Andromeda devs have done a pretty spectacular job, given the scope of the game.

Regarding framerates, mine are pretty consistent. I only ever have frame drops on Tempest bridge and some other places with a lot of lighting effects. I also had a huge framedrop on Eos once that got fixed by reloading the latest save, but I had similar problems in some other games, so I would think it has something to do with my config and not with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Took me 3 tries to get him down.

The key is that the Fiend is slow, you're not. Keep using the jetpack to move away from him, and focus first and foremost in killing the rest of the Kett. They make the fight with the fiend way harder than it has any right to be.

So I'd use Charge to both put distance between the fiend and me (he seemed completely uninterested in my squad) take out the kett one by one with my trusty shotgun, and once they were all down, use Incendiary Ammo consumables like hell. Incendiary rounds deal extra damage to armored targets, and prime them for combos from the rest of your squad. 3 full mags from the N7 Crusader shotgun with incendiary rounds was enough to bring the fiend to 50%, then another 3 mags and he was down for the count.

What really makes that fight an uphill battle IMO, is just how soon into the game it is (at a point where most people will likely have very few powers or passives invested) and how sudden it is, you don't see him coming, and the suddenness of it all makes it overwhelming. Just remember, combat is 3D now, you don't have to fight the fiend on the ground. A fact that I abused the hell of, jumping on roofs, pelting enemies from above until the fiend jumped into the roof, at which point I'd charge down. The Fiend's biggest weakness is just how slow it is. Even when he almost grabbed me, all I had to do was jump, and evade away twice and that put enough distance between him and me.
    Yes, that's the mentality that let me defeat him in the end. Initially I fought ME3-style, hiding behind cover and trying to gun the enemies down before they get too close, and cloaking and relocating if they do. Apparently such approach no longer works, you get overwhelmed quickly, and the enemies are very good at flanking and no longer passively wait until you kill them off. Once I realized that the combat was 3-dimensional, like in Doom, I started jumping over the roofs, dodging actively, running away from the Fiend by flying around like Boba Fett - it took merely two tries to get it right.

It seems to me that Andromeda has a much steeper learning curve than the previous games, but the degree of power you can achieve by utilizing the mechanics properly is much higher.

I only don't exactly understand how people survive without the Tactical Cloak on Insanity. Once the cloak is out, in most fights I start taking damage fast enough to get killed if I'm a few meters away from any cover. The only way I can reposition safely is by using the cloak and quickly running/jumping towards the new cover point. How do you do that if you don't have a cloak and the enemies always have a clear shot at you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's not that bad. I can usually deplete a zone in about 5 minutes, if it doesn't have a bunch of rocky terrain. I'm a bit OCD, too. I just completely depleted all of a planet's nodes only to unlock a perk that adds more nodes. :/
    Ah, I see. The two zones I've been mining have a very rocky and multi-level terrain. The vehicle keeps getting stuck in some places, and it is a pain to climb up after accidentally falling off the edge. Hopefully with other zones it will be going smoother.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I miss the melee grab kill from cover
    I have found myself more than a dozen times trying to overcover grab a mook in single player. I remember halfway and just jump up over cover and mele smash instead. Sad to see the mechanic go. The dash mechanic and increase obstacle mobility would of opened up more opportunities for the overcover grab mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How do people react when the US government sends its military to some devastated region, instead of trying to build schools or hospitals there? Exactly. Military decisions have never been popular in our modern society, and 800 years from now, you bet, people are going to frown upon the military efforts at the expense of civil development even more.
    Yes because a superpower conquering Iraq is equivalent to colonists protecting themselves after their two previous attempts at an outpost resulted in massacres.

Weapon Augs are really weird. They have inconsistent effects. Like, they suck on certain weapons, but then excel on others.

I crafted a Carnifex with the sticky grenade aug, and it was crap. It barely did any damage. But now I crafted an N7 Valkyrie AR with the sticky grenade aug, and this thing is insanely good.

its almost like every aug is meant to be used with a very specific weapon for best results.
    If it replaces every bullet with a grenade, obviously a space revolver like the Carnifex isn't the best choice. The Vakyrie shoots more bullets so it's more useful with it. Thinking of that... stick the mod on a Revenant? If it works like I'd think it works... hot dayum.

Also, at this point i'm enjoying myself too much not to call this a good game unless it seriously nosedives towards the end. I actually like the story and characters even if the Archon lacks presence, the combat is still awesome, the graphics (sans facial animations which aren't good but aren't awful either) are pretty sweet, the side-quest design is pretty good if you ignore the mundane crap that Bioware wants to toss at you, but it's helpfully shoved into the Tasks part of the journal so I know not to bother with it. The player freedom and customization is also pretty great when I look at all the builds I want to try, and I like how they did something similar to DA2's Tone system for Ryder but more subtle. He's already a protagonist I like a lot. The multiplayer is also very fun.

I did have several bugs, they weren't game-breaking but always annoying. The lack of quicksave and frustrating checkpoints in Priority missions and some quests is highly annoying. And some parts of the UI must have been designed by the Kett to torment us, because I have no idea how a designer would consider so many button presses and so much wasted space acceptable. But I don't have many other complaints.

I dunno. If you looked at Metacritic, I should think this game is the spawn of Satan himself, the final insult, nay, crime from Bioware to gamers, the most broken PoS to ever be released by a gaming studio infested with SJW scum and blah de blah. But I don't. Funny how opinions work.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-03-25 at 09:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only don't exactly understand how people survive without the Tactical Cloak on Insanity. Once the cloak is out, in most fights I start taking damage fast enough to get killed if I'm a few meters away from any cover. The only way I can reposition safely is by using the cloak and quickly running/jumping towards the new cover point. How do you do that if you don't have a cloak and the enemies always have a clear shot at you?
    Dash. I don't play on hardcore and not insanity but even with the cloak I mostly dash places (though infiltrator gets a cloak when dashing). The architect fight on Eos I mostly dashed and only used cloak to power up my shots. The Andromeda combat really doesn't play well with a sniper in my opinion. Infiltrator is much more about other weapons then the sniper rifle now. I wish they had the time slow for scope to give you a little extra for the class.

I really do think that Andromeda combat favors melee, except for the Kett Ascendants. Those guys just suck and redo their orb way to much. I usually have to reload by the time I destroy the orb and can only get a few shots off before they up their shield. Companions aren't the best at focusing it either.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes because a superpower conquering Iraq is equivalent to colonists protecting themselves after their two previous attempts at an outpost resulted in massacres.
    I never understood how anyone could view focusing on defence as the bad option there. How many kett did players have to kill to even get to that point? 100 plus?

It was pretty clear that outpost would naturally come under fire eventually with the significant enemy presence on the ground in the system.

Deleted
    Btw, I didn't see anywhere but is it possible to order your squad to use abilities in combat or are they just automatic?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Btw, I didn't see anywhere but is it possible to order your squad to use abilities in combat or are they just automatic?
    It is automatic but they will try to make combos. So if you use a power they will try to detonate it. I'm not sure if they prime targets based on your own cooldown or not. You can also focus them on targets with z,x, or c.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    It is automatic but they will try to make combos. So if you use a power they will try to detonate it. I'm not sure if they prime targets based on your own cooldown or not. You can also focus them on targets with z,x, or c.
    So basically if you don't have Overload on yourself, you're screwed. I just ragequit after I tried several times to survive through the EOS fight with the big monster and kett attackers. For some reason (probably because of Bio-stupid-ware) the monster is only hostile to the player, not to the kett as well, so the monster + 3 kett heavies + a bunch of kett regulars + adept biotic player = FAIL.

I could actually do those when I was playing a soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The irony of your thinking is, a lot of people in Iraq were in a similar situation to what these colonists are: oppressed by the regime to the point of being systematically murdered en masse (if they were of the wrong nationality), and the US intervention saved their lives. But people don't see it, because to them military spending/actions = evil. It's the same here!

These threats look quite different to the colonists who have never faced the Kett. They might think that the Kett are some problem which isn't much of a problem really, those previous people just got a bit unlucky, but now the danger has passed. We often don't realize the importance of what we have, until we are rid of it when our life is at stake.

Dash. I don't play on hardcore and not insanity but even with the cloak I mostly dash places (though infiltrator gets a cloak when dashing). The architect fight on Eos I mostly dashed and only used cloak to power up my shots. The Andromeda combat really doesn't play well with a sniper in my opinion. Infiltrator is much more about other weapons then the sniper rifle now. I wish they had the time slow for scope to give you a little extra for the class.

I really do think that Andromeda combat favors melee, except for the Kett Ascendants. Those guys just suck and redo their orb way to much. I usually have to reload by the time I destroy the orb and can only get a few shots off before they up their shield. Companions aren't the best at focusing it either.
    Dash still doesn't seem to protect you from the majority of damage though. In between the dashes you can take a lot of damage, and you aren't able to fight effectively while dashing around. Although, I suppose, it is still better than trying to directly run from one cover to another, while being shot at all the way.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    everyone is calling me an alien... i´m offended!
    Illegal aliens are ruining our galaxy! Let's build a wall and Make Andromeda Great Again. #MAGA! Who's with me!?

Finally have some time to start binge playing. See you all in 12 hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    So basically if you don't have Overload on yourself, you're screwed. I just ragequit after I tried several times to survive through the EOS fight with the big monster and kett attackers. For some reason (probably because of Bio-stupid-ware) the monster is only hostile to the player, not to the kett as well, so the monster + 3 kett heavies + a bunch of kett regulars + adept biotic player = FAIL.
    That is a pretty tough fight for so early in the game. The fiend is actually part of the kett forces. That is why it ignores them and I was upset that he wasn't helping me when I first encountered it. But if you read the codex it lists it under "kett" and says it responds to kett pheromones. Even as an infiltrator I basically did I lot of running and hiding. You can trick the AI a little by hiding inside the buildings because they sometimes try to jump up to the roof instead of coming inside.

I think that fight is to give you a blunt lesson that Andromeda combat is much more about moving and longer then previous games. The cover system of the previous games made them more tactical and could be quicker. Where this game is about real time and quick decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Illegal aliens are ruining our galaxy! Let's build a wall and Make Andromeda Great Again. #MAGA! Who's with me!?

Finally have some time to start binge playing. See you all in 12 hours.
    You could say the Scourge is such a wall!

Got a free Monday. 3 days of endless Andromeding - yaaaaay!

THe fiend fight was extremely ez on my vanguard, I'm an immortal walking tank LOL.

Annnd there's the bioware humor I've missed so much =D

Was having a conversation with Jaal about Angaran biology, and this happens:

Ryder: Tell me more about Angaran biology.

Jaal: Biology doesn't really interests me, I'm sure you can read up on it easily.

Ryder: That's disappointing, no biology at all?

Jaal: How do your eyeballs work?

Ryder: (Speaking rapidly) An internal lens focuses an image onto the retina, where it becomes electrical impulses that are interpreted by the brain. (Smug smile)

Jaal: You took my obvious sarcasm as an invitation to show off...... Pitiful.

HA!!!!

I ended up skipping Site 2. Cant be bothered to go back.

It feels like shields are stronger this time around and why I have not bothered with going Biotic. I have been using Energy Drain out of habit from previous ME. Will try Overload later. I am hoping Biotics are better against armor like that fiend. If not then no point in me bothering.

I got the cryo bay perk for consumables and will be using them more liberally. I wish they lasted longer base line.

Jaal: Biology doesn't really interests me, I'm sure you can read up on it easily.

Ryder: (Speaking rapidly) An internal lens focuses an image onto the retina, where it becomes electrical impulses that are interpreted by the brain. (Smug smile)

HA!!!!

I dont remember if there was an option of reply on that. My Ryder did not know the answer to the question and responded to basically fair point.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-25 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

HA!!!!

"What the shitty hell was that?" by Liam is now one of my favorite ways to act surprised.

Vanguard FTW.

Eventually there comes a point where you regen your shields faster than the enemy can drain them. One of the passives for Vanguards is biotic cooldown reduction. So once your Vanguard Profile is high enough (around rank 4 or 5) it really adds up when mixed with other effects that reduce biotic cooldowns, such as augs. All my weapons are stacked to the eyeballs with augs that reduce biotic cooldowns, plus I go around toting an asari sword and shotgun.

The Asari Sword makes it so that you teleport a short distance forward when slashing with it. Vanguards restore shields by a % of the melee damage you do, and one of the passive shotgun perks is that shotgun shots increase melee damage by 40%.

Between the perk that reduces charge CD by 75%, passive Vanguard Perk that reduces biotic cooldowns by 35%, passive vanguard perk that boosts shields by an additional 35%, 40% melee damage boost every time I shoot a shotgun, shield restoration every time I use my asari sword, armor mod that boosts shield by another 50% (while reducing health by 50%) 25% biotic reduction from all the mods installed on my gear, 55% biotic cooldown reduction from the "Offensive Biotics" passive, 50% shields from the barrier passive, 59% shields from the Fitness passive, and a few other modifiers i'm forgetting about, the bottom line is: I am NEVER without shields.

My charge has a 3 second cooldown, and between it, and the dodge I get by spamming the asari sword attack, I'm just impossible to kill. I'm currently playing on Hardcore, and am honestly considering bumping the difficulty to insanity to see if the streak is maintained there. Far too much shield regeneration, mixed with biotic explosions, sword slashing, and pointblack shotgun shoving. And when I stumble upon enemies with armor, Incendiary Ammo spam. Or Disruptor Ammo for enemies with too much shields.

I haven't had any need to even use another profile, my current build of Charge, Pull, and Omnigrenade (Which I only really need to use on large creatures like Fiends, or those raptor things on the jungle planet) has so far carried me through the game as far as I've played currently.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-25 at 10:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Annnd there's the bioware humor I've missed so much =D)
    Riding around in the Nomad, mining...

<Jaal snoozing>

Peebee: "Ryder, stop that. Seriously, not here. We can't do it here, out in the open!" <starts moaning>

Jaal: "Should I give you two some privacy?"

Peebee: "Ha! Knew you were faking!"

Jaal: "Seems I wasn't the only one."

(Paraphrased, obviously)