Warrior vs Warrior

He used his hero power three times, and my minions are bigger than his.
    I don't use my hero power.

He lost badly.

yeah mostly when its war vs war i just let the other guy use his power since it allows my minions to atack next turn basicly allowing me to decide trades
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    White King and Lady Nazjar seem pretty OP.
    Warrior is far stronger than white knight and you automatically win if you pull a grim patron. Personally warrior is the most op boss in this brawl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Warrior is far stronger than white knight and you automatically win if you pull a grim patron. Personally warrior is the most op boss in this brawl.
    Nazjar is basically unstoppable as soon as you get in control of the board. Which normally would happen at turn 2/3. If a shaman went into turn 4 with enough board control to clean you out and have his minions live until the end of the turn, it was all over.

In any case, I loved this Brawl. Would be great to see something similar again, but with less bosses that are totally pants (*cough Gothik cough Noth cough Curator cough*)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Nazjar is basically unstoppable as soon as you get in control of the board. Which normally would happen at turn 2/3. If a shaman went into turn 4 with enough board control to clean you out and have his minions live until the end of the turn, it was all over.

In any case, I loved this Brawl. Would be great to see something similar again, but with less bosses that are totally pants (*cough Gothik cough Noth cough Curator cough*)
    Nah, warrior still beat Nazjar. Pull out at least a 5 drop and you pretty much won the game.

This Week's Tavern Brawl is: Gift Exchange

Description: Great Father is dropping crates on the battlefield! Get a gift each time you smash your opponent's crate...or your own!

Basically another chance to get the cardback. I was lazy so I netdecked this from competitiveHS. Turns out Doomsayer is preeeeetty good.

2x Annoy-o-tron, 2x Crazed Alchemist, 2x Doomsayer, 2x Flamecannon, 2x Frostbolt, 2x Unstable Portal, 2x Deathlord, 2x Flamewaker, 2x Forgotten Torch, 2x Ironbeak Owl, 2x Polymorph: Boar, 2x Spellbreaker, 2x Wailing Soul, 1x Azure Drake, 2x Second Rate Bruiser, 1x Defias Cleaner

I would say warlock is pretty great for this. PO/Soulfire are already perfect health for the boxes+void terrors are free 3/7s that gives you a huge advantage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Priest dominates the gift-hoarding with Inner Fire, Confuse, SP+COH, SWH, SWP and Dragonfire Pot

Also Purify your own gifts once you start to take control. Denying gifts is equally as important as taking them.

Okay so Silence is obviously better than Purify... I just wanted a laugh by actually using Purify

Only problem with this Brawl is that because Priest is so incredibly strong, most games are ending up either Priest v X stomps or Priest v Priest gift-control matches which take a million years to finish
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2017-02-02 at 12:20 AM.

Priest dominates the gift-hoarding with Inner Fire, Confuse, SP+COH, SWH, SWP and Dragonfire Pot

Also Purify your own gifts once you start to take control. Denying gifts is equally as important as taking them.

Okay so Silence is obviously better than Purify... I just wanted a laugh by actually using Purify

Only problem with this Brawl is that because Priest is so incredibly strong, most games are ending up either Priest v X stomps or Priest v Priest gift-control matches which take a million years to finish
    Purify just got me lethal, I drew into CoH which let me kill both presents (I purified by annoytron) and get King Krush (thanks hunter) and Power word Tenticale

Another fucking card back reward wtf. Blizzard can keep that shit.WTF CARD BACKS!!!!

Why do they punish us.

Besides that the brawl was cool. Should have informed myself about the reward before playing tho...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Another fucking card back reward wtf. Blizzard can keep that shit.WTF CARD BACKS!!!!

Why do they punish us.

Besides that the brawl was cool. Should have informed myself about the reward before playing tho...
    If you already had the card back, you got a pack as normal. This was a "second chance draw" at the WV card back.

And tbh not getting a single classic pack one week isn't gonna kill ya.

If you already had the card back, you got a pack as normal. This was a "second chance draw" at the WV card back.

And tbh not getting a single classic pack one week isn't gonna kill ya.
    Wouldn't have hurt to give a card back and a pack at once either.

But yeah, not the end of the world either way.

Love this crate brawl. 30 mins of 2 people destroying boxes until one surrenders because its so boring.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    This week's Brawl is pretty good. Obviously some decks are quite strong due to interaction with 0-cost spells - 30minion tempo mage for example - but any reasonably-designed deck is going to work due to the random nature of the spells

Questing Adventurers are MVP

9drops have a 50/50 of giving you a Tree Of Life for emergencies. The other option is CotW, which is also very good when free.

This is the absolute worst Brawl. It makes you make a full deck, which sucks. Not only that, it's almost pure RNG. And not the "haha let's just dick around and see what happens", more like "okay there's a ton of fucking RNG but if you want to win you better manage your shit and apply godly strategy, and hope I don't like out with a board clear or the perfect card."

Make deck + Stressful RNG + Strategy getting trumped by a single stroke of RNG = not fun

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    This is the absolute worst Brawl. It makes you make a full deck, which sucks. Not only that, it's almost pure RNG. And not the "haha let's just dick around and see what happens", more like "okay there's a ton of fucking RNG but if you want to win you better manage your shit and apply godly strategy, and hope I don't like out with a board clear or the perfect card."

Make deck + Stressful RNG + Strategy getting trumped by a single stroke of RNG = not fun
    There's not a ton of deep strategy and specific class combos required for deckbuilding in this Brawl though. Your deck basically writes itself no matter what class you are.

Load up on the best tempo minions you have, with a good curve
    Chuck in cards which synergise with spellcasts - Wyrms, Flamebastards, Troggs, Adventuters etc
    Minimal spells
    Add a couple minions of certain cost to game specific spells like Nether, ToL, CotW etc
    Toss in a Loatheb to buy a breather turn

I'm playing a paladin deck at the moment to complete a 5 Pally/Warrior quest. Sure RNG can fuck you, but most of the games so far have been decided by strong minion tempo rather than the free spells. Even against mages.

Pretty much, I decided to play an aggro paladin and the RNG swing is too strong. Turn 1 secret keeper + secret= gg. I've tried some tempo decks, that while consistent are can take too much time.

How do you apply godly strategy to a brawl full of rng? If it was that rng prone wouldn't it prevent consistent strategy?

Personally, I feel the pure portal brawl (not the ones with a few selected cards & the rest portals) as well as the crossroads brawl are more dependent on rng. Either way I don't really mind really mind the rng. It isn't like constructed is rng free so having it in TB doesn't feel that off putting.

Blood Magic

How much are you wiling to sacrifice for power? All your spells will cost health instead of mana!

Paladin, Druid and Mage should be doing the trick just fine. Also violet illusionist is a must. Or you can be a fucker and play aggro.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-02-15 at 09:06 PM.

Turn 1 Mana Wyrm coin Mana Wyrm.

Turn 2 Arcane Missiles, Fireball, Firelands Portal.

Opponent concedes.

Get a legendary(Velen) from the pack.

Easy game, easy life.