Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    working on him right now as green tank. I generally only use cd+sd on felblaze flurry, sd on strike when possible but i think flurry is far more dangerous. You should taunt swap as hes casting the appropriate strike because when an add dies he might switch back to shadow and if you taunt right after he void strikes you will get hit by his back to back void strike while other tanks taunt is on cd

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Should you use your CDs on the adds or on the boss telegraphed attacks? Also, Is there much movement in the fight?

I focus on mastery mainly for my guy, is that an issue for this guy or will that not matter much?
    Mastery won't do anything for this boss. Any damage that would kill you or cause you to die to a melee is magic and not dodgable. Both the combo and the boss Strike are undodgable so using rage on SD is pointless outside using it as you taunt boss after it does purple strike.

You don't move at all.

If you are doing purple CD the boss hits. If you are doing green CD the green adds combo.

Also, as stated above when either Green or Purple add dies he will go purple(unless hes mid fel strike then he will right after) and void strike right away.

You can basically just go through BF/SIs for most of the combos.

Funny enough I used WuE(since I never did green before and we have a new tank(on of our dps tanking)), but I guess i didn't need to it only did like 9.9% of my healing.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-09-04 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some thinking and comparing and have come up with the following "gearing strategy":

My armory for reference: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/Marí/advanced

I'm going with crafted shoulders and chest.
    I think I will be keeping the tier helmet (and will aim for heroic tier as well) to maintain my 2-set.
    Will also keep and upgrade my tier legs.

Here's were I am in trouble with:
    I am thinking of starting to work for obtaining crafted boots. I just feel that the mas/versa boots off from Kilrogg heroic are not really worth much.

On the same time I won't be killing Archimonde in any difficulty any time soon, so belt upgrade will have to wait a bit. Crafted belt could be an option, but as there is a possible upgrade available for it (which has stats I like), then I will keep the Apex one until a miracle happens and we kill Archi and I win the belt.

I obtained the normal tier gloves, but I feel that it'll be a loss when I would equip those instead of my Cannonball Loader's Grips. It will take a while until we get to Socrethar heroic and considering the competition for Vanquisher then I don't foresee me getting the tier any time soon. So grafted gloves seem a decent choice as well.

As I think I will be taking the mastery bracers off from Zakuun (or well if no one really want the MS ones from Kilrogg (we are running SK so one has to think carefully :P)), I will be probably cry inside when I leave my crafted 4/6 bracers to rot in the bank (as those have already been equipted by me once).

So any advice on which crafted item I should select would be much appriciated.

There's not much choice for rest of the slots. Though I regret taking the neck, the haste seems worthless, but at that time mastery upgrade seemed like a good idea, so now I have to wait long time before I get a shot of the heroic necks from later bosses.

TBH Crated chest seems meh. Socrethar chest is so strong with how much MS it has along with Xhul Helm. I guess if you are gonna have competition on vanq when you do get to Soc makes sense sorta.

Crafting pants seems meh since Tier pants are perfect stats.

Trash boots are pretty cheap and bis. Trash belt is really good as well if you cant get archi belt.

Trust me you won't notice the much or any difference running 4k mas or 1.5k mas esp if you get an anzus. MS is so silly with how much HP you can get that nothing kills you with all the passive beacon/monk healing there is.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-09-04 at 07:44 AM.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll skip out on the Archimonde trinket then and use Anzu since I don't have any on-use alternatives.

I got some one-stat items, Dreyen. A BA neck, and mastery weapon and boots so far. It's too bad I don't get the garrison missions for 630 tokens anymore, since that's where I got the two first ones. I think Baleful tokens are the only source of one-stat items now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    TBH Crated chest seems meh. Socrethar chest is so strong with how much MS it has along with Xhul Helm. I guess if you are gonna have competition on vanq when you do get to Soc makes sense sorta.
    Well, as I've "wasted" time in upgrading the chest (cheapskate like I am crafted all myself) to 715, then at least for now I will keep it. Socrethar and specially Xhul on heroic are way to far from us unfortunately.

Crafting pants seems meh since Tier pants are perfect stats.
    I did say that I will keep tier legs :P. You meant the gloves maybe?

Trash boots are pretty cheap and bis. Trash belt is really good as well if you cant get archi belt.
    Silly me, I didn't even bother with the BoEs from drops. As I don't have much gold to throw at the AH, then I didn't really check what the stats on those items are.
    Checked wowhead for zone drops, but the Jungle Assassin's Footpads and the belt Flayed Demonskin Belt doesn't seem that appealing to pay for them. The heroic Belt goes for 10-20k in our realm and there are no heroic boots sold right now...

Trust me you won't notice the much or any difference running 4k mas or 1.5k mas esp if you get an anzus. MS is so silly with how much HP you can get that nothing kills you with all the passive beacon/monk healing there is.
    You are correct about the paladin healers beacons, 2-3 per raid is hefty amount . Well I don't have the Anzu's, it refused to drop for me last night as well :'(
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-09-04 at 11:30 AM.

If you have more than one pally you have basically 0 need for any mas as there is way to much overhealing going into you.

Also that sucks... boes are like 1k for heroics on my server. Mythic BoEs are like 50-75k at the most.

Also ya tier gloves on normal totally aren't worth. 2 set is meh at best.

TBH really just grab w/e is higher ilvl anyway bears are dumb. Long as you gain Mas or MS you are stronger.

Deleted
    You know, I'm doing fine in terms of gameplay but sometimes I don't FEEL it in terms of gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../lyuben/simple

I'm going the mastery route and I'm not really sure on dropping the chest tier instead of the hands... but then circumstance.

Maybe if I get a few pieces more of loot I can transition to a more MS build? I have a 725 chest which had crit multistrike as an option but it has no socket so not sure if it is the best option.

The only items id say are debatable using over the MS items is Tier chest vs Soc chest and Kilrogg bracers vs Fel Lords.

Like that Vers/Has chest id drop in a heartbeat even if it was WF/S over a reg soc chest.

Tier helm vs Xhul helm(which you haven't killed on mythic yet so w/e) is close as well imo.

Though tier shoulders are so garbage... id never use them idk. I also dislike 4 set and never see the need in it anyway. I only use 2 set cuz Gloves/Legs are so good.

With a WuE and Anzus you have no reason to be mastery anyway.

Deleted
    The only items id say are debatable using over the MS items is Tier chest vs Soc chest and Kilrogg bracers vs Fel Lords.

Like that Vers/Has chest id drop in a heartbeat even if it was WF/S over a reg soc chest.

Tier helm vs Xhul helm(which you haven't killed on mythic yet so w/e) is close as well imo.

Though tier shoulders are so garbage... id never use them idk. I also dislike 4 set and never see the need in it anyway. I only use 2 set cuz Gloves/Legs are so good.

With a WuE and Anzus you have no reason to be mastery anyway.
    Thanks for the advice.

Here are some reasoanble changes I made with spare gear I had.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../lyuben/simple

I see so many bears going mastery and I can't help but think it's simply a mistake.

Any damage that will kill you in HFC is magic. Healing is (apart from rare exceptions) ubiquitous. Plus you do more damage. What's the drawback?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    I see so many bears going mastery and I can't help but think it's simply a mistake.

Any damage that will kill you in HFC is magic. Healing is (apart from rare exceptions) ubiquitous. Plus you do more damage. What's the drawback?
    Well so far its been fine on progress for Xhul, bit hectic getting used to it at the start but over 1m HP is cool and not optimized with gear yet.

However I'm a bit worried about Tyrant and her melees when we rekill her for the second time. First kill was with mastery build, second kill will be with multistrike build, would it be much of a drastic change?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Well so far its been fine on progress for Xhul, bit hectic getting used to it at the start but over 1m HP is cool and not optimized with gear yet.

However I'm a bit worried about Tyrant and her melees when we rekill her for the second time. First kill was with mastery build, second kill will be with multistrike build, would it be much of a drastic change?
    Did every boss in pure MS gear/enchants/food. Nothing felt scary.

Do most bosses with Anzus/X. Tyrant and Manno and Archi I used WuE instead of a dps trinket for obvious reasons.

Shouldn't even need to use externals on Tyrant WuE + how strong SD is on that fight its silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post

I've never run into a problem that I thought would have been solved by more HP. Taking less damage is always nice, and makes you less reliant on healers. Spikes do mostly come from magic damage, but if you're guaranteed to absorb half of the melee either before or after the spike, that helps smooth things out as well. And with the number of cooldowns we have, I tend to have one up for everything dangerous. In terms of damage, when it's an issue I do what I can with trinkets and hotw.
    Last edited by Casagrande; 2015-09-08 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    I've never run into a problem that I thought would have been solved by more HP. Taking less damage is always nice, and makes you less reliant on healers. Spikes do mostly come from magic damage, but if you're guaranteed to absorb half of the melee either before or after the spike, that helps smooth things out as well. And with the number of cooldowns we have, I tend to have one up for everything dangerous. In terms of damage, when it's an issue I do what I can with trinkets and hotw.
    Really though you don't need to gem or enchant Mas with Anzus. Almost all the time while tanking I have 63% mastery with anzus. I already absorb most of melee hits as is with that and TnC.

There is WAYYYYY WAYYYY WAYYYY too much overhealing going on. There is 100% no logical reason to need more mastery if you have an anzus. Esp when it comes to real fights like Archi on Mythic where the ONLY way to die is taking 300k magic ticks every second from the add. Sure you are tanking the boss + the add and ya his melees are something that can attribute to your death. Though the problem is when he melees for over 35% less than the dot ticks for and the dot ticks faster than he can melee(you also can have 100% uptime on SD during add/boss time before other tank can help). You just don't need mastery nor does it really even help.

The points where mastery might actually do something you have externals because you should be using them there anyway. On progression leaving externals on CD is pointless. You are better off using Externals in planned points in the fight and using your personal CDs as either oh shits or, if the fight doesn't or can't have them, add them to your CD list.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Today, I got M Mirror, it works very well with HOTW and bring some fun

10+ Year Old Account
    You people and your trinket luck, makes me want to cry. I get to pray that I will bonus roll my Anzu's this Thursday. The other tank beats me on the Suicide Kings list (yet again) and tbh he might need it actually more then I do.

Rolf, by inspecting my armory I noticed I haven't enchanted my neck...
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-09-09 at 05:26 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is there a need for 50 energy bite under HOTW? I have done some test and tooltips which show it is needed, but someone else on this forum said it's no need. I am confuse now,

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    Is there a need for 50 energy bite under HOTW? I have done some test and tooltips which show it is needed, but someone else on this forum said it's no need. I am confuse now,
    It's 25 energy under berserk, 50 when it runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    No one said you use it under 50 unless its berserk. The damage bonus is too big to give up. Since that 25 energy on 3 bites + 12.5 on 2 bites is not even enough for another and even if it was it wouldn't be more damage than buffing all 5.