Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WOW tokens on inactive accounts - BEWARE

many players today noticed today that when they logged a player in who stored the wow tokens in their bags were missing tokens, for some reason they were in the mail. i had this happened to me on a bank alt today, the tokens were in her bags yesterday

if you have a inactive account, but have wow tokens saved up and this was done to your account and moved them to the mail, your tokens will be deleted in 30 days if you do not check your mail

15+ Year Old Account
    This, if true, is an egregious oversight since these tokens are purchasable with real money. If you aren't careful, you can just have your $20 thrown away. That shouldn't be something that can happen with any item bought with real money.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    many players today noticed today that when they logged a player in who stored the wow tokens in their bags were missing tokens, for some reason they were in the mail. i had this happened to me on a bank alt today, the tokens were in her bags yesterday

if you have a inactive account, but have wow tokens saved up and this was done to your account and moved them to the mail, your tokens will be deleted in 30 days if you do not check your mail
    I would imagine that the item in the mail is only generated when that character actually logs on (similar to the way Collectors Ed pets and such are generated). if you never log the toon on, since they are inactive, the item will never expire because the mail containing it technically doesnt exist yet.

i bought my tokens off the AH for gold

i would hope that the 30 day mail / delete timer would not affect a inactive account or player that has not logged in yet, but from players missing BOAs i know this isn't true

player A mails BOAs to player B who is never logged in prior to account going inactive, so the mail received event hasn't actually completed yet, quit in MOP, comes back 6 months later, BOAs are missing, deleted and showing never obtained

Weird. My stored tokens are still in my bags, not in my mail.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i bought my tokens off the AH for gold

i would hope that the 30 day mail / delete timer would not affect a inactive account or player that has not logged in yet, but from players missing BOAs i know this isn't true

player A mails BOAs to player B who is never logged in prior to account going inactive, so the mail received event hasn't actually completed yet, quit in MOP, comes back 6 months later, BOAs are missing, deleted and showing never obtained
    BoA's are bought with gold not real life money.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I would imagine that the item in the mail is only generated when that character actually logs on (similar to the way Collectors Ed pets and such are generated). if you never log the toon on, since they are inactive, the item will never expire because the mail containing it technically doesnt exist yet.
    I think the mail is generated when sent so 30 days after you send a character mail it will be reurned meaning the players involved have 60 days for one of them to accept it.

Mail from Blizzard works the same way accept the game doesn't send the mail until the player actually logs on. Regardless of how it works the OP should be telling his story to Blizzard as well as people on MMO Champion.

Blizzard tricks to bait players into subbing before end of Q2 again? We already had similar paid mount "bug" about about a year ago)))

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I can confirm this. It happened to two my characters that had a wow token in their bags for over a month. One day I logged in, and noticed something was missing from my bags on both chars. I didn't realize what was missing until a wow token was in my mail, as if i had bought it that same day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    This, if true, is an egregious oversight since these tokens are purchasable with real money.
    It's something I'm sure Blizzard will fix ASAP as real money losses would cripple the WoW token system.

Blizzard would want to fix those type of problems f-a-s-t.

BTW, they're doing something again with the database as people have had their mounts remailed to them in the mail. Periodically, I'm getting this on store bought mounts that I had for years.

Perhaps it's associated in that Blizzard doesn't want some things to be for ALL accounts (like pets you know? As that was a sneaky change this expansion). WoW tokens falls into the same category.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2015-06-28 at 07:49 AM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

1.) Blizzard-Mail does normally get generated the day someone log in. So if you log in in 3 months it still will be 30 days.
    2.) If this does not happen this time, you can contact blizzard even if the mail expired. It was blizzards fault and in this cases blizzard always gave you the item back. Never had any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    1.) Blizzard-Mail does normally get generated the day someone log in. So if you log in in 3 months it still will be 30 days.
    2.) If this does not happen this time, you can contact blizzard even if the mail expired. It was blizzards fault and in this cases blizzard always gave you the item back. Never had any problems
    Blizzard just trying to trick players into subbing, cuz there two well know stereotypes about Wow's mail and support systems:
    1) Mail expires after 30 days
    2) Blizzard keep their logs only for about 30 days - after this time support won't be able to help you.
    So they are just trying to make players worry and feel uncomfortable about their account. What if my account is involved? What if it will happen with me? Aaaaaaaaa! Panic!!!!!!! $15 isn't worth killing my brain cells - I'll better pay and check my account... Yeah?

It already happened about a year ago, when some random accounts got their Annual Sub Tirael's Chargers disappeared and being send to mail, instead of just adding them back to mound tab. That made many players worry about their investment and resub to check, if they were involved, cuz of course there was a rumor, that not all accounts received their mails and that after about 30 days logs will be scrapped and they won't be able to restore their mounts even via support.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2015-06-28 at 10:02 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
    BoA's are bought with gold not real life money.
    Same thing, when you can buy gold with real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoryana View Post
    Same thing, when you can buy gold with real money.
    so when i buy a BOA for gold, because the option exists to trade real money for gold, it counts as me buying it for real money?

yea you sound totally reasonable and not like a shill at all.

also, blizzard will always give back important items if they get deleted, and you can retrieve... uh... 3? non important items per... month? idk about the specifics on that one as i never accidentally or non accidentally lose stuff.

blizzards item retrieval system is very player friendly so as long as you dont forget that you have something you have no issue with losing it.

also im just gonna go ahead and call this thread what it really is, another blizz hate thread
    Last edited by apples; 2015-06-28 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard just trying to trick players into subbing, cuz there two well know stereotypes about Wow's mail and support systems:
    1) Mail expires after 30 days
    2) Blizzard keep their logs only for about 30 days - after this time support won't be able to help you.
    So they are just trying to make players worry and feel uncomfortable about their account. What if my account is involved? What if it will happen with me? Aaaaaaaaa! Panic!!!!!!! $15 isn't worth killing my brain cells - I'll better pay and check my account... Yeah?

It already happened about a year ago, when some random accounts got their Annual Sub Tirael's Chargers disappeared and being send to mail, instead of just adding them back to mound tab. That made many players worry about their investment and resub to check, if they were involved, cuz of course there was a rumor, that not all accounts received their mails and that after about 30 days logs will be scrapped and they won't be able to restore their mounts even via support.
    Bull. If this even happens, and it doesn't, Blizzard will fix it and you won't have to log in to check or save anything.

Well wildstar tried to ad a hidden expiration on its CREDD and go "use it or lose it", i never expected different from an activision owned dev.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    so when i buy a BOA for gold, because the option exists to trade real money for gold, it counts as me buying it for real money?

yea you sound totally reasonable and not like a shill at all.

also, blizzard will always give back important items if they get deleted, and you can retrieve... uh... 3? non important items per... month? idk about the specifics on that one as i never accidentally or non accidentally lose stuff.

blizzards item retrieval system is very player friendly so as long as you dont forget that you have something you have no issue with losing it.

also im just gonna go ahead and call this thread what it really is, another blizz hate thread
    No, only when you bought the gametime token for real money.

But you said that BOA's are bought with gold and not with real money. As a general statement. And that's not true. You can buy gear, whether it's BOA or BOE or whatever, with both real money and gold.

How am I being a shill? I don't think you even know what that word means.

Deleted
    Bullshit, just logged in all tokens are in bags.

Deleted
    The mail system is broken too. You cannot send the items back.

Minor inconvinience? Not so much. It completely breaks COD system.

Guess what, you cannot send the COD back but you can actually delete the items from the sender without paying! How "fun" is that?!

Deleted
    I think this is a trolling thread, but dunno if they made some changes for the US version of the game, but in EU tokens are not in mail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard tricks to bait players into subbing before end of Q2 again? We already had similar paid mount "bug" about about a year ago)))
    That wouldnt be "tricking" if would be a scam if they forcefully suddenly changed the rules like that on items that ppl might have spent lots of gold.