Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why community don't learn on it's own mistakes?

This is very simple, but also very important question for me. Back in WOD Beta I saw only "WOD is best xpack ever made" from majority of players and now I see directly the opposite - "WOD is worst xpack ever made" from almost exactly the same people. So, why didn't you saw, that WOD is terrible at the time, when it wasn't too late to fix it? And I was telling you, that it was terrible, but you were bashing me and branding me as hater and whiner, instead of listening to my advices. Why didn't you listened to me?

It's ok, when it happens for the first time, but...this happened for the 3rd time in a row. I was telling you, that Cata was terrible - you didn't listened. I was telling you, that MOP was terrible - you didn't listened. You know, it always happens like that. I'm telling just how I feel about new xpack. I feel, that it's terrible and I just tell it - it's terrible. But developers are telling us, that it's best xpack ever made and majority of other players parroting it too. First I think "Are they insane?". Then I start thinking, that may be problem is really with me. May be I'm wrong? May be devs are right? May be I'm in minority? May be majority of players really love game designed exactly like that? May be devs know better, how to design their game and they have all statistics, that confirm, they're right?

Prior to WOD I was so confused about players being so hyped about WOD, while I was thinking, that WOD is extremely terrible to the point, when I didn't wanted to buy it, that I've even deleted all my forum account on all Wow fan sites. But no! At the end - I was right! I was always right. I'm always right. And I really hate to be always right... I told you, that Cata was terrible - and it was terrible. I told you, that MOP was terrible - and it really was terrible. And now what? I told you, that WOD is terrible - and it's terrible! I don't know, may be when I was a child, I read too many books, so I have good enough imagination to be able to imagine, how next xpack will feel like, prior to actually playing it? Why can't you realize, that xpack is terrible, prior to buying it? Why do you need several months to realize this obvious truth? I just don't understand.. Am I the only one, how have this "talent of a foresight"?

Why am I talking about it now? Because very soon next Wow xpack will be announced and all I want to know - will you make the same mistake again or not? There is only one way to save Wow - to vote via your wallet. As simple as that. If you will continue to pay for more and more subpar content - Blizzard will continue to became more and more lazy and will continue to produce more and more subpar content. If you will find some mental power to say "NO! I won't pay for this crap" - they will have to start producing better content in order to stay afloat. So, think twice before buying next xpack.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2015-06-28 at 11:17 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    People are hyped easily when it comes to new content and we all know Blizzard is very talented when it comes to promoting their products so people get hyped even more. Advertising works. WoD was supposed to be THE expansion pack that would focus on the things that people loved about WoW when it was in its early stages and Blizzard would bring WoW back to those roots with WoD. It failed catastrophically.

And to make things worse, it was already well-known that a majority of players don't like the Garrisons content, and now with 6.2 they added Shipyards, which is like a Garrison 2.0, but even more boring. And even with the insane drop in subscribers, Blizzard continues to release boring content over and over again. They don't seem to get a clue.

It's not just a "the game is getting more boring because I've been playing it for so long" thing. The game is actually very boring right now.

I just have a strong persuasive feeling, that all that people, who are saying now, that WOD is crap, will preorder next xpack at the day one, no matter, how crappy it will be, just because Blizzard will say "We realized our mistakes, will fix them - so next xpack will be the perfect one". Yeah?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2015-06-28 at 11:17 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can we bash you, if you made your account in may 2015 lol.
    Also your name is "WoWIsDead64"
    We sure know how you feel about WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This is very simple, but also very important question for me. Back in WOD Beta I saw only "WOD is best xpack ever made" from majority of players and now I see directly the opposite - "WOD is worst xpack ever made" from almost exactly the same people.
    WoD isn't "worst xpack ever made". It has very good leveling content, and raids are very good. There's just too little of that good content. WoD has almost no replayability, so people who are bored easily became bored quick; and if you don't like raids, there's almost nothing for you in WoD. Oh, and doing garrisons more than on one character is extremely exhausting, they should've been account-wide.

Bottom line, WoD is good and has some great content, it just should have been priced $5, accordingly to the amount of said content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

this thread is new and original and really delves deep into the subtleties of game design

10+ Year Old Account
    If wow is so terrible and "dead" to you, why don't you GO AWAY.

Deleted
    Yet another one of these threads that are basically equivalent to "I quit".
    So WoW is shit and dead to you. Fuck off already. Why the hell are you still here crying about it.

This forum has turned into a pit of hopeless addicts complaining about not being able to kick the habit.

Yes, it sucks that the game isn't vanilla anymore. No it's never going to be vanilla again.
    Just quit if it's not fun anymore.

I just have a strong persuasive feeling, that all that people, who are saying now, that WOD is crap, will preorder next xpack at the day one, no matter, how crappy it will be, just because Blizzard will say "We realized our mistakes, will fix them - so next xpack will be the perfect one". Yeah?
    It just shows, how carefully you read OP before posting something.
    Prior to WOD I was so confused about players being so hyped about WOD, while I was thinking, that WOD is extremely terrible to the point, when I didn't wanted to buy it, that I've even deleted all my forum account on all Wow fan sites. But no! At the end - I was right! I was always right. I'm always right. And I really hate to be always right... I told you, that Cata was terrible - and it was terrible. I told you, that MOP was terrible - and it really was terrible. And now what? I told you, that WOD is terrible - and it's terrible! I don't know, may be when I was a child, I read too many books, so I have good enough imagination to be able to imagine, how next xpack will feel like, prior to actually playing it? Why can't you realize, that xpack is terrible, prior to buying it? Why do you need several months to realize this obvious truth? I just don't understand.. Am I the only one, how have this "talent of a foresight"?
    And that's why I, and many other players, prefer to post from lvl 1 toons on off-forums - because people focus more personally on you, then on topic, you've created.

On topic. I just want to say, that I still love Wow and care about it. You should realize, then when people hate current Wow - that means, that they still care about it, cuz people, who don't care - just quit silently. And I just don't want it to die completely. And the only way to save it - to take a hard "no content - no money" stance, as players done with flying. P2P - is very flawed payment method, which allows developers to charge money from their players without actually providing any content. So I just want to ask you: have you learned a lesson from WOD experience or this situation will repeat again with next xpack too? Will you buy pig in a sack next time too or will you demand some kind of proves from Blizzard?

Flying - greatest example of this problem: Blizzard promised, that flying will return and then changed their mind. Blizzard charged $50 from you, while keeping amount of content, they were going to provide, in a secret from you. So may be next time you should demand some kind of contract, that would set amount of content in stone, before paying money to them? Cuz "game development is very creating process - nothing is set in stone" - is extremely flawed argument. It's like saying "Buy this car, but we can't guaranty, that it will be able to ride".
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2015-06-28 at 12:38 PM.

>MoP
    >terrible

Stopped reading.

Deleted
    Am I the only one, how have this "talent of a foresight"?
    No, you are one of the many pathetic people that can't get over a video game and think their opinion is fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the OP replying to his own messages lelz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    How do you know it's exactly the same people?
    I've got good memory - may be I can't remember their nicks, but I remember their avatars.

Mists was the best expansion we've gotten in terms of range of content for all players. Too many people couldn't look past the lolpandas stigma to enjoy it though.

Deleted
    Cataclysm and MoP were mostly fine.

Why didn't you listened to me?
    Why would we listen to you?

WoD is a great xpac, what has been very "off" has been the pacing of the content, that is it.

"everything is terrible, everything is terrible"

Something that rubs the community the wrong way finally comes along.

"I was right all along"

How about no?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Only one question, why do you play a game you think is terrible?
    I've been playing it only for 2 weeks - I haven't bought WOD till return of flying was announce. I'm extremely tolerant player (when I've got nothing to do - I just starting to level up next alt), but flying was last straw, sorry.

Deleted
    I was telling you, that MOP was terrible - you didn't listened.
    Good that I didn't listen then, MOP was my second favorite xpac.

I'll be getting the next expansion, and then the one after that as well. Want to know why? I still enjoy the game and there's really nothing your opinion is going to do to change that. Sharing your opinion is all well and good, but it doesn't mean you're right, it just means you've taken time to share your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP terrible?

Kaaaaay... Buhbye, hater.

Also, can I be first in line for the next expansion? The fact that people buying it will piss off those pipsqueaks is like an icing on a cake.