Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Blizz likes to claim things that never happened. They do that and "Players were saying X" a lot, most of the time its just them making shit up

Lets not forget most of the playerbase are a bit slow and/or terrible. What they said happened, totally happened. Have you /been/ in normal dungeons at lvl 100 before the phat loot was added to let them bypass heroic? Sweet shit it was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Lets not forget most of the playerbase are a bit slow and/or terrible. What they said happened, totally happened. Have you /been/ in normal dungeons at lvl 100 before the phat loot was added to let them bypass heroic? Sweet shit it was bad.
    I was. It wasnt that bad really. Mostly just over zealous tanks pulling to much. So I started tanking and it was fine.

Except for the train and its tight corridors, fuck that.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Again, any pvp comments? Q&A pvp questions? sigh* pvp is in bad state all exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed an issue where players may occasionally defeat a version of The Night Haunter that does not have loot.
    Patch notes, why you lie to me?

Just killed this dude this afternoon to zero loot.

Unless for whatever reason they rolled out some of the hotfixes and not others!

Quote Originally Posted by Aceofblood View Post
    Again, any pvp comments? Q&A pvp questions? sigh* pvp is in bad state all exp.
    PvP is such a joke at this point that nothing short of "Holinka was fired/sent somewhere else" will bring it back

Deleted
    What a complete and utter joke the Shipyard is. So they expect you to not 100% missions, yet missions take forever and you'll get severely punished for failing one in many cases. Wat?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >people complain Grom is last Boss.
    >People complain Grom isn't last Boss.

Do people ever stop complaining on MMO-C?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    >people complain Grom is last Boss.
    >People complain Grom isn't last Boss.

Do people ever stop complaining on MMO-C?
    Those two can easily go hand in hand.

People think Grom being a last boss for an expansion is stupid
    People think its even dumber that he isnt the last boss for an expansion in an expansion all about the tribal orcs, where he is leading them all

Blizz just likes to pile on the stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I really love my Mrgglglgl Mark III and my Gnomercy.
    I loved my Gnomercy too, lost her on a 98% mission. I said "fucking serious?" walked away and didn't log back in for the rest of the day.

My Enhance Shaman has also yet to see a raid outside of LFR, I still keep trying and hoping a guild or pug will give me the chance haha.
    Last edited by Aori; 2015-07-01 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Those two can easily go hand in hand.

People think Grom being a last boss for an expansion is stupid
    People think its even dumber that he isnt the last boss for an expansion in an expansion all about the tribal orcs, where he is leading them all

Blizz just likes to pile on the stupid.
    Or they changed their minds. God, morons love to take a statement and make it gospel rather than just a statement from a developer.

News Flash: Any statement from a Dev should be automatically considered open to change.

Personally I'm happy we're not fighting Grom. I don't want to kill another Hellscream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I loved my Gnomercy too, lost her on a 98% mission. I said "fucking serious?" walked away and didn't log back in for the rest of the day.

My Enhance Shaman has also yet to see a raid outside of LFR, I still keep trying and hoping a guild or pug will give me the chance haha.
    WHat's sad is ENH is great on more than half the fights.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Deleted
    Yes another interview with Ion, as in all other interviews he only replies to questions about current PvE stuff.

Nothing about RPG, nothing about removal of content, nothing about PvP (I don't care about that, but many do), nothing about game direction.

Which also explains why current design philosophy is "raid or die". Ion doesn't understand that there used to be more to WoW than just raiding and it wasn't just raids that kept players playing. He should be demoted back to lead raid designer from lead game designer - that's what he's good at and what he cares about.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2015-07-01 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Yep.

I'm mostly a Normal mode guy myself, maybe a Heroic pug if it's an easy wing. But I know some friends who are mainly with LFR, and I have a guild with many LFR players and a good chunk have already left because of the changes thus far, I'm not sure if the others will stick around with the LFR design of 6.2 as well.

I concur entirely with what you say, Blizzard has lost a grip on how to make people do content. They need to entice or make the environment seem more appealing (or accept that some people just AREN'T interested in it).

But instead of adding appeal to entice, they try to remove appeal or punish people for doing the alternatives, so they feel coerced into doing the other content instead.
    I'm an LFR hero, and I'm not upset with the trash loot and the long release schedule. I've been a dps player since BC and mostly a non-raider, so I'm used to being treated like an afterthought.

With that said, I agree with what's being said in this thread more as a disturbing trend of Blizzard on how it views LFR in WoD. First of all, any backlash Blizzard gets from, LFR loot is well-deserved, since it's always harder to take something away than to put it back in. Remember the backlash in cata 5-man heroics when it was a lot harder than Wrath at launch AND they did not offer even epics for valor while tier gear AND epics were offered in Wrath? Blizzard is repeating the same mistakes in WoD LFR that it did with Cata 5-man heroics, and it's disturbing because it shows Blizzard does NOT learn from their past.

This leads to another disturbing trend: Blizzard's stubbornness in trying to corral people into pre-made raids. I think MMO-C's own armory surveys shows that on average, twice the number of people kill LFR bosses at least once compared to normal. Even if we assume that all normal raiders kill LFR bosses at least once so that nearly half of all LFR people are normal raiders, it still shows that LFR is by far the most popular endgame content in WoW.

But at the same time, Blizzard is trying push normal while trying to crush LFR into the ground almost, and it just doesn't make any business sense to devalue your most popular content. It's as if McDonald's was cutting their Big Macs in half while keeping the price the same in order for them to push their more expensive new menu items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I've been playing a demo lock as my main since BC, and I also have never gotten a chance on pugging a raid on him, might killed a total of 3 or 4 raid bosses on my lock before LFR. I had to join a raiding guild on my resto druid.

Oh well, I've stopped trying to get in raids in mid-MoP anyways, since it's my belief that LFR (or another form of automatic matchmaking content) is the wave of the future and pre-made raids will continue to die off. Don't get me wrong, pre-made raids would still have value, but it will be more and more a niche content for the few.

So people who Raid will have a higher Itemlvl Legendary Ring than people only doing LFR

If players feel that 500 resources are worth it for a small boost in success chance on every mission and actually buy the equipment, adjusting the costs is possible.
    Guess that means the items will soon be reduced

Quote Originally Posted by Erim View Post
    "The old Shattered Halls could have a Prot Warrior tank who has no AoE threat, just tab Sundering. Situations like that made the dungeons more challenging. Most people didn't have AoE and AoE threat, so tanks couldn't hold threat on all of the mobs at the same time, making CC necessary."

Did they even play TBC?

It was DPS target skull, Did have Thunder clap since vanila and cleave. AoE was not the issues. idiots where.

Nuke Skull and Use your one long CC if you have it--> not harder than this.
    Thunder Clap's main functionality was for snaring and as the Tanks had much lower threat modifiers back then with the Sunder Armor having the highest coefficient for threat generation that would prevent the mob from going after a mage that shot a Fireball. Additionally, cleave had much less threat generation than Heroic Strike, so back then it was not feasible to use Cleave.

You could not use Bloodlust/Heroism in fights before 5 minutes due to the tanks having have to build-up enough threat. Then, Wrath came and boosted the threats for tank specs and pre-Cata patch gave vengeance with Blizzard skyrocketing the threat to damage ratios for tank specs.

Also, back then not everyone had the proper and long CCs, and that is what the developer lead is trying to signify there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Thunder Clap's main functionality was for snaring and as the Tanks had much lower threat modifiers back then with the Sunder Armor having the highest coefficient for threat generation that would prevent the mob from going after a mage that shot a Fireball. Additionally, cleave had much less threat generation than Heroic Strike, so back then it was not feasible to use Cleave.

You could not use Bloodlust/Heroism in fights before 5 minutes due to the tanks having have to build-up enough threat. Then, Wrath came and boosted the threats for tank specs and pre-Cata patch gave vengeance with Blizzard skyrocketing the threat to damage ratios for tank specs.

Also, back then not everyone had the proper and long CCs, and that is what the developer lead is trying to signify there.
    The thing is, he was trying to make it seem as though this was inevitable. Instead what it is is that they didnt test this feature and boost the mobs appropriately, so we ended up with an untested feature thats piss easy and worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    "Things that are being worked on now will be much more to players liking and the team has taken the feedback to heart."

wich means:
    "we know we didnt care about this expansion or what you wanted, and we know that we made mistakes, next time will be better, trust us and buy another expansion, after the shortest one with only ONE content patch... it will all be good ,trust us and spend another 50$ and more in sub fees..."

what a fucking joke
    Pretty much... now they will release more frequent expansions... of this rushed shitty quality and featuring only 2 raid tiers. And it's not for any reason other than they want to milk their current customers for $50 (which they bumped up $10 for no damn reason, every other games' expansions are still $40) more often because subscription numbers are going down. It's insane how much Blizzard gets away with in exploiting their loyal customers these days.
    Last edited by darkest4; 2015-07-01 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkest4 View Post
    Pretty much... now they will release more frequent expansions... of this rushed shitty quality and featuring only 2 raid tiers. And it's not for any reason other than they want to milk their current customers for $50 (which they bumped up $10 for no damn reason, every other games' expansions are still $40) more often because subscription numbers are going down.
    They've been saying they're going to do quicker expansions for 3-4 years now. Essentially, since around the end of Cata. They've been saying they listen and learn for even longer.