Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What do I think? I think Trump is an idiot, and it is idiots like him who are poison for the GOP.

Seriously look at the roster. The only one with a ghost of a chance is Jeb Bush, yet the others are clinging, clawing, clambering for their one in a million shot at being the PotUS even if it means their party is gimped for it.

Meanwhile Hillary is gonna coast by, giving minimalist interviews, letting the competition tear each other down in an embarrassing spectacle.

Reps should seriously think about updating their candidate screening process. Their current one allows in too many kooks.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-07-03 at 12:04 AM.
    ~RAWR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Going in a country as an illegal is much different than jaywalking. The next step from jaywalking is going over the speeding limit.
    And from there it goes to Jihad.

Slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Going in a country as an illegal is much different than jaywalking. The next step from jaywalking is going over the speeding limit.
    No offense but you are moving goal posts.

Context matters. Crossing a border illegally to get a job doesn't by any measure lead to drug trafficking, theft or rape or whatever else. What it leads to is getting illegally employed, which leads to evading taxes.

I'm not contesting that further "crimes" will be committed. But there's no logical leap from crossing a border illegally to violent crime.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It's sad that right wing elitist d bags are the only people with the balls to call out this. Everyone else is afraid of being branded a racist.
    What qualifies you to speak for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post

Meanwhile Hillary is gonna coast by, giving minimalist interviews, letting the competition tear each other down in an embarrassing spectacle.
    The only person even remotely giving Hillary a sweat is Bernie Sanders. The GOP field is just...abysmal. It's almost like they are trying NOT TO GET the Presidency.

Seems like they just given up on governing, and are now in the business in sucking donor cock and pandering to Fox News.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    No offense but you are moving goal posts.

Context matters. Crossing a border illegally to get a job doesn't by any measure lead to drug trafficking, theft or rape or whatever else. What it leads to is getting illegally employed, which leads to evading taxes.

I'm not contesting that further "crimes" will be committed. But there's no logical leap from crossing a border illegally to violent crime.
    I did not necessarily say that, but if you are willing to break one law, you are more willing to break others. I never said I agreed with the guy 100% percent. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The only person even remotely giving Hillary a sweat is Bernie Sanders. The GOP field is just...abysmal. It's almost like they are trying NOT TO GET the Presidency.

Seems like they just given up on governing, and are now in the business in sucking donor cock and pandering to Fox News.
    I think it's the opposite: They ALL want to be president. Even if that means that in trying, they fuck over their entire party.

It's like that kid who's not good at all at sports, whining to his parents that the coach never puts him in for important plays. Parents complain to the coach, the coach is forced to play him at the finals, and because of that, the team loses what should have been a win.

Only in this particular case, you've got one or two people capable of competing and EVERYONE ELSE is that whiney, bad-at-stuff guy who just wants a chance to play even though it is to his own and everyone else's detriment.

Nuthin but selfish idiots draining votes from the guys who can actually compete; Like Ralph Nader in Florida in 00, sapping votes away from Gore in a key swing state.

I do agree on the pandering to SIs and Faux News though. Seems the popular thing to do these days is sabotage your own party in the name of publicity and donations.

I hate it so much when the choice for a governing official is between someone who's well-known for being corrupt, (Hillary) and someone who seems way too eager, chomping at the bit almost, to get into the political corruption big-leagues. (Entirety of the GOP lineup)

Turd Sandwich vs Giant Douche, anyone?
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-07-03 at 12:21 AM.
    ~RAWR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    What do I think? I think Trump is an idiot, and it is idiots like him who are poison for the GOP.
    Trump is an idiot? Wow - so, you are a self made billionaire as well that has battled through tough financial times and still come out on the very top? Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Trump is an idiot? Wow - so, you are a self made billionaire as well that has battled through tough financial times and still come out on the very top? Hmm....
    Trump got a lot of what he has from his father. He's less a 'self made' billionaire, and more of a legacy who made good use of what he had in order to make more.

Doesn't make his bid for the whitehouse any less pointless or counterproductive to the party which he claims to be a part of. If he were smart, he would take his last 3 appearances in the political field, and the public's reaction to the views he proffered, as a hint to stick to business and reality tv, and leave politics to the politicians.

Birthergate helped no one but Obama by making the opposition look like a bunch of ignorant, jingoist conspiracy nuts.

Also his hair is sentient.... Creepy.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-07-03 at 12:30 AM.
    ~RAWR!

The only thing self made about Trump is the idea that he is self made.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you think Mexican doctors and lawyers are the ones jumping the fence? He's an asshole but he has a point
    I met a girl in mexico who's parent owned a small store that sold clothing. She had money so getting an american visa was no problem for her. She told me that she's been to a few places in the states including Los Angeles, but then she told me the american people are nuts and that she gets scared because the people are so weird here... Our conversation about that topic ended with her saying "Why would I ever want to leave my beautiful country?"

I could say a lot about mexico, it's people, and the illegal immigrants but people only hear what they want to hear so I won't waste my time.

I must say however that I felt much MUCH safer living and staying in mexico than I've ever felt in the US. It's a feeling that's extremely hard to explain in words why I felt that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's not about "getting away with it" it's about speaking the truth that no one wants to hear.
    And no one wants to hear anyone say "The KKK have some pretty good idea" either, but some people still say it.

That people speak their mind and say things people don't want to hear doesn't make what they say insightful, meaningful, important, or, what's more, worth listening to.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And no one wants to hear anyone say "The KKK have some pretty good idea" either, but some people still say it.
    The same bullshit as the woman who got kicked out of a national television broadcast because she said hitler build the autobahn as rebuttal you don't do that -m-

Wait so rich people can't be idiots? I'll let you know right now, that's false as fuck.

That people speak their mind and say things people don't want to hear doesn't make what they say insightful, meaningful, important, or, what's more, worth listening to.
    I didn't say speaking ones mind, I said speaking the truth which is totally different. What he said is exactly what is happening. People are afraid to talk about it because everyone in this country turned into a spineless SJW.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Wait so rich people can't be idiots? I'll let you know right now, that's false as fuck.
    Look at joe biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    When Trump announced he is in for 2016 presidential race, he said this about Mexico:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” Trump said. “They’re not sending you… They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

He also said that Mexico is not our friend and he will build a wall a make mexico pay for it. Can he win with this rhetoric?
    My honest opinions. The people who are bothered by this are weak and annoying. Trump is an entertainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I didn't say speaking ones mind, I said speaking the truth which is totally different. What he said is exactly what is happening. People are afraid to talk about it because everyone in this country turned into a spineless SJW.
    So some people are afraid that their backwards-ass ways and thoughts will be lambasted by others?

Why shouldn't they? Anyone has the right to call someone an idiot. And I choose to exercise that right with Donald Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So some people are afraid that their backwards-ass ways and thoughts will be lambasted by others?

Why shouldn't they? Anyone has the right to call someone an idiot. And I choose to exercise that right with Donald Trump.
    So protecting our borders is backwards?. Why don't you go live on the border and tell us all how great it is.

If you think what's actually happening is a "backward-ass thought" then ok.