Thread: Inner Beauty

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I choose......

I choose being gay. Or maybe not gay but that one friend who is like your total bro and you do bro stuff together.
    Funny, I also chose being gay.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I for one love being objectified.

I don't like people who hide behind excuses when trying to rationalize why they are the way that they are but I think inner beauty is a thing.
    I met a girl who was average but had everything in common with me and was amazing in bed. After a few dates with her I found her much more attractive then when we first met.

On the opposite, at the gym I ran into a girl that was a total bomb shell, but she was the most boring person in the world. Thinking it was just me striking out I asked my friend who knows her personally and he mentioned that as a joke among their group she's known for having the same personality as a sack of potatoes.

So I'd say inner beauty does exist. But it doesn't draw people in like outter appearance.
    A relationship requires the full package after all.
    The person you're talking about didn't have inner beauty. It was shown on the outside.

I think the confusion lies in that the OP was more of a rant towards people who use the term wrongly.

I mean you can have all the "inner beauty" in the world but if I don't find you physically attractive it's not gonna work. No amount of personality is going to make up for me basically cringing every time I look at you because you're ugly.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Okay

I have opened everyone's eyes now
    For women, wouldn't the triangle be Intelligent, Good Looking, Financially Stable/Wealthy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    You're empathetic and a "nice person", like a majority of people on this planet.

Congratulations. It's plentiful, however, so it doesn't make you inherently more valuable in the dating scene.
    It actually does.

Deleted
    Inner beauty is especially important if you are looking for a girl for a long term relationship in my experience.

Dated so many good looking girls with absolutely nothing interesting to say that I started to hate it/them. Worst one was a girl that always giggled when she had no idea what the subject of a conversation was. I still get shivers thinking about that empty giggle... :S

Finally bumped into my current awesome and lovely girlfriend that I instantly liked by the way she acts, talks and shows interest in others.
    The inner beauty aspect can make people super attractive imo!

Your basing you opinion heavily on matter OP. Mind, soul, and spirit while hard to grasp by humans are actually a thing. Whether that translates to beauty idk. Some people see those qualities and think it beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what this thread is about. There is attractiveness as the body, and there is attractiveness as personality (which is called inner beauty). We love some people for either, some for both, some for neither. If you are ugly in terms of body, it doesn't mean you can't be loved, just like looking great doesn't mean you don't have a trash personality and someone will be attracted to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    For women, wouldn't the triangle be Intelligent, Good Looking, Financially Stable/Wealthy?
    Nah, income rarely correlates with female personality or attractiveness, but emotional stability often does.

I picked intelligence and attractiveness anyway, emotional stability is meaningless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I picked intelligence and attractiveness anyway, emotional stability is meaningless to me.
    Yeah, until they poor lighter fluid on your cat and set her on fire.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    there is difference between "beauty" and "good looking"

if a ugly man/woman took care of him/her self, they would be good looking, but beauty? you cannot do anything with it ( unless surgery )

however, beauty fades with time, personalty... not

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, until they poor lighter fluid on your cat and set her on fire.
    Luckily I hate cats!

Besides, you can usually get a smart, sexy lady that is at least sane enough to realize that going to jail is not worth being an outright criminal. My wife, for example, is pretty normal aside from her severe anxiety, stress, and rageaholic issues!

a mans inner beauty is his bank account

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I don't think i'll ever understand it and how people should look towards that in determining attraction. That's pretty much what it boils down to when people bitch about "objectification" and "I have a great personality!"
    Last time someone said I have a great personality! I told them someone cruel lied to them.

I've been in love with people that are not physically attractive to me objectively speaking- they didn't have a handsome face or nice figure, but I loved them totally and deeply for the beauty of their person alone. Men who were kind, noble, intelligent, responsible and confident.

I do not feel inner beauty is a false concept. Physical attraction is nice, sure, but committed love in a monogamous relationship has a lot of important additions to psychical attraction alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I've been in love with people that are not physically attractive to me objectively speaking- they didn't have a handsome face or nice figure, but I loved them totally and deeply for the beauty of their person alone. Men who were kind, noble, intelligent, responsible and confident.

I do not feel inner beauty is a false concept. Physical attraction is nice, sure, but committed love in a monogamous relationship has a lot of important additions to psychical attraction alone.
    I'd say physical attraction matters in short timeline, while inner beauty - in long timeline. After a while interacting with a person, we stop seeing anything special about the looks, and we much more value the personality. I don't believe one can truly fall in love with someone who is attractive externally, but not so much internally.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

See, I couldn't care less about kindness, honor, or any of that nonsense. I have an awesome enough personality for myself and anyone I date at the same time, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'd say physical attraction matters in short timeline, while inner beauty - in long timeline. After a while interacting with a person, we stop seeing anything special about the looks, and we much more value the personality. I don't believe one can truly fall in love with someone who is attractive externally, but not so much internally.
    I agree too, you get used to beauty, after a time they seem like everyone else. It's like having a radio in the background, you get used to the noise after a time. After you get used to the looks, the only thing they got left is personality.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    a mans inner beauty is his bank account
    Most women don't care about money nearly as much as some guys think they do (if at all). Being gainfully employed is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As long as a guy is financially stable, it's okay. I couldn't be with a man that lived paycheck to paycheck, or couldn't afford to pay his bills, etc.
    Yeah, me either--to me, that smacks of poor decision making. But there are tons of women that date unemployed men, men in prison etc etc. And fall in love with these men, marry these men, have their children...I actually think women care less about money than men do, on average. But I'm sure that's a pretty subjective statement.