Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    . Our DoTs are amongst the weakest in the game
    As compared to... ?

Certainly not Afflock. My DoTs easily do half of what yours do unless i manage to double-ramp up Haunt/SB Haunt. Even then they dont really draw completely even and if i want to make them hurt for real i have to channel a huge purple beam that says "HEY LOCK ME OUT OF EVERY SI NGLE SPELL I CAST PLEASE" - because I DONT HAVE A NUKE, much less a spammable one that hits for 12-20k.

Lol...no. Topping damage in a BG because you have dots and cascade hitting 10 people does not = OP.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit, I feel very, very strong in BGs with my spriest atm, but they ultimately are not that great at the very high end game play where difference in player skill is minimal.

Honestly not gonna lie, on my Spriest I have a lot easier time even in 2s since all the damage is instant. This is a huge change from MOP and before where you blew up the second a melee was on you. In 3s, you still have to play with a mage because you have a hard time against double melee in longer games.

Rogues still give you a hard time in arena but other than that, I feel Spriests don't have as much trouble against every other melee including DK and warriors which used to be very troublesome. Just play near the pillars and LOS with feathers the second someone focuses you. The damage an spriest can do is insane when left alone. Basically if you queue with a hybrid in 2s, it's easy rating till 1800 if you know when to use feathers, guise, fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    As compared to... ?

Certainly not Afflock. My DoTs easily do half of what yours do unless i manage to double-ramp up Haunt/SB Haunt. Even then they dont really draw completely even and if i want to make them hurt for real i have to channel a huge purple beam that says "HEY LOCK ME OUT OF EVERY SI NGLE SPELL I CAST PLEASE" - because I DONT HAVE A NUKE, much less a spammable one that hits for 12-20k.
    What game are you playing? Have you watched any high level Affliction play this season? They're absolutely destroying.

I've noticed a significant increase in Dmg in BGs too. It's got to be the scaling of the gear because if anything SP got a slight nerf in patch 6.2 I strongly suggest you do some random 2's before you toss the OP tag on Sp. Matter of fact one can argue Sp are not even a viable spec in 2's. The main reason for this is that SP do not possess the same reliable self peels (same can be said for Ele Shaman) as a Mage or Balance Druid or even a Warlock for that matter.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They are still walking free kills pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    It's very easy to top meters and get top kbs and never die in battlegrounds as a dot class.

Though it's very easy as a priest, cascade really carries if enough enemies are in range xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    You don't have to worry about spriests being highly represented in top tier arena, you won't be seeing pvp guilds "LFM RBG team, need spriest".
    LOL'D, do you even godcomp? Best comp for rbg includes 2 shadow priests lmao, or at least it did last season. Maybe one of them could be replaced with Aff since they're fotm right now after getting buffs for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    DoTcleave and Cascade in random BGs makes us a real contender for top damage.

In an RBG or Arena though we're almost always the priority target just because we wear cloth, have no teleports, and our only damage reduction cooldown is 6 seconds every 2 minutes: plus any lockout on us locks out ~all our damage and CC, so it's super effective.

That's why our only real 3's comp is Frost Mage + Resto Druid + Shadowpriest: the mage/druid are just there to spam roots so we can run away, anything less than two dedicated root-spammers and we die.
    Pally god comp is better than druid god comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen lots of RBG groups in the group finder saying "NEED MORE SPRIESTS" or "LF Spriests & DKs only!" or "spriest or gtfo". That tells me they're pretty strong.

Arenas are a different story. But you want an spriest on your RBG team right now.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Last time I saw a shadow priest top meters was when we had a nice turtle in AV, his #1 damage spell was Cascade. Tiered up, extra bounce for the ounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest burst in the right hands and with the right partners is pretty asinine, but so are a few other classes.

I went from ~80%-0 in a single cheap shot from a spriest/rogue, the rogue did about 10% of the damage (Got peeled instantly) was pretty insane. Even had feint up!
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    When they start dominating they'll be nerfed to shit again. Spriests were always shit at pvp just like shamans, only time they were really good was in the cata pre-patch when spell damage was through the roof, and then they were shit again in cata.
    season 8 anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    season 8 anyone
    Well you kind of forget that Shaman were wearing PVE 4set to increase Lava Burst damage which was unintended and later nerfed and they played with Destro Lock which amplified the problem 10fold.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I played with an ele shaman and a holypala all throughout the season as an arcane mage (all icc hc equipped), let's just say we were more than viable

Bwahahahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 6.2 hotfixes - July 7:

Cascade now deals 20% less damage in PvP combat.

So, I was right. Hence the nerf.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    As compared to... ?

Lol then your bad at playing 1

I cried when I saw another 20% nerf for shadow.. thank god for that the ladders are full of shadow ew!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Yet they counter my spec (Ret). And when these guys start to dominate in anything and top damage charts, it does concern me.

P.S. I didn't mean their DoT damage - I meant their insane burst, when they use mind spike etc and you lose your HP in super quick way. Too quick. Our Ret burst is insane too, but it's once in 2 minutes, but SP can do that kind of damage much more often.

Last BGs I played SP had a score of 11 mil. damage, ahead of two fully geared DKs and affliction Lock. Their DoTs got buffed, but they don't do remotely so much DPS as SPs seem to do now.
    I know im quoting one of your earlier posts, but i feel i must say that the line in bold is a disgusting reason for calling for nerfs. Every class has a counter, some multiple, but your basically whining that just becuase shadow counters YOUR class it should be nerfed. Utterlly selfish and blinkered opinion, so much so that after a statment like that all your arguments become null and void.

In bgs cascade is the main culprit purely because it is a smart ability that always picks targets the furthest away to do its maximum damage.

It has recieved a justifiable 20% nerf, but not because of meter padding because it was causing RBG teams to stack 3 sp's with aff locks and boomys to create insane aoe pressure therefore it will reduce the propensity to take more than 1 sp now.

As for your whine about single target burst, maybe go look as SP mechanics before you spout bullshit. Your burst is on a 2min cd and is way more potent than a SP burst, not only that its on demand immediatley out of the gates. It takes a SP a minimum 23-25 seconds to build the 5 orbs needed for maximum burst all during the time we are taking the D from being trained 95% of the time.

TLR Sp do great damage if left to free cast, as do the majority of casters, dont whine about a class with your one dimensional viewpoint unless you have the knowledge of class mechanics to back it up.