Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think there's such a thing as "too fast" for the mythic race, since that's the entire point, but I will say that I think Heroic is a bit easier than it should be.

My raid is already 13/13 N & 6/13 H, and after we lost several people toward the end of BRF (we have exactly 10 if everyone shows up) we no longer have the members to do Mythic even if we wanted to. For people like me, I don't think this tier is going to have the lifespan I'd hope for in a last raid tier.

Deleted
    One guild kills 9 bosses in 48 hours and another kills 9 in roughly 60 hours. Does this define the speed of content consumption for hundreds of guilds that will eventually kill all 13? HELL NO! Oh, and another thing... if the full clear race would take more than 2 weeks, it would fuck up too much with people's IRL and drastically reduce the quality of the race. So... BRF was perfect and to HFC I say: it's perfect!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Mythic Blackhand's phase 1 would have taken vanilla players like 2 years to get past.
    MC40 was tuned for people in blue gear, it was supposed to be easy because Vanilla had no catchup, you had to gear up in the tiered way. Try comparing mythic BH to AQ40/Naxx, those raiders would have had little trouble with it.
    Last edited by caervek; 2015-07-03 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the raiding race is devalued these days?
    First easy bosses of every single tier since BWL has been killed by top guids in hours, not days or weeks. That's why they're at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    MC40 was tuned for people in blue gear, it was supposed to be easy because Vanilla had no catchup, you had to gear up in the tiered way. Try comparing mythic BH to AQ40/Naxx, those raiders would have had little trouble with it.
    the skill of players always increases the longer the competition is out, that is simply a fact, no top guild in vanilla could complete current content as quickly as players today

Most guilds won't put as many hours into their progression within months as Method/Paragon does within first few days..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Method have raided about 32 hours so far in near perfect gear, been the best players in the world and having a near perfect comp. If my guild had all that with our current raid times it would take roughly 4 weeks of raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see this as a valid argument. Do we think a race isn't hard enough because a Kenyan can do it in 12 seconds? No.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappadappa View Post
    the skill of players always increases the longer the competition is out, that is simply a fact, no top guild in vanilla could complete current content as quickly as players today
    Yes they could, a mythic BRF/HFC fight isn't really harder than a Naxx40 fight, the reason bosses drop quicker today is because guilds today have advantages (need less people geared, can learn fight on PTR in advance, lower gear checks, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    I don't really see this as a valid argument. Do we think a race isn't hard enough because a Kenyan can do it in 12 seconds? No.
    I was going to run 100m in 9 secs, but someone else has already done it, so it's too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of 9am Friday morning EU time we have 2 guilds (Method and Midwinter) on 9/13 Mythic. And that means almost 75% of the hardest content has been consumed in about 48hours...

Now, i had a discussion with my current guild and many of them felt the contents consumed faster due to players now being better than theyve ever been... however, i dont agree with this. I feel its something to do with the accessibility of these raids prior to release on the PTR. These days we know everything about every boss fight well before release and the top guilds can practice them at their leisure.

Does anyone else feel that the raiding race is devalued these days?
    Unless you are actually in one of the top 3 guilds, why does it matter to you?- does it devalue your experience or enjoyment, and if so, why and how?

Only reason I can see why content is taken down like it was tetris, is because there is 0 difference for 9/10 bosses going from one difficulty to the next, it is literally just an increase in numbers which is deflated as you get geared.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2015-07-03 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    This. Everytime a raid comes out, the first bosses dropping like flies.
    They were lucky Highmaul wasn't a linear raid then.

Nope. For our guild currently this raid seems to be tuned higher than previous raids since normal/hc/myth diff was introduced.

Why are people so surprised that the majority of the bosses are down? I fully expected the good guilds to blow through most of the instance until they hit the intended wall and the real race begins.

I really hope the op is joking, because if not, then I don't know what to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Why are people so surprised that the majority of the bosses are down? I fully expected the good guilds to blow through most of the instance until they hit the intended wall and the real race begins.
    Im talking about the pace at which the top guilds consume the content... they are getting quicker and quicker at working through it and it just feels too fast now.

Maybe i didnt make it clear that im not talking about us average players who will consume the content at the normal pace... im talking about the top guilds and the competition for realm and world firsts.

Does anyone prefer the current race over days or the old days when it was over a couple of months...?

As of 9am Friday morning EU time we have 2 guilds (Method and Midwinter) on 9/13 Mythic. And that means almost 75% of the hardest content has been consumed in about 48hours...
    By two guilds... out of tens of thousands. I want to understand how people can think this is a good argument, I really do.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-07-03 at 01:01 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

To be fair, usually at this point they're done with all bosses but the last two. If anything it's going slower than before at the moment.

You never take the outlying performers on either end of the spectrum. There's no difference in saying "Content's going too fast" because of the best players in the world and "Content's too difficult/slow" because of the worst players.

Median is the home of reasonable data.

Im talking about the pace at which the top guilds consume the content... they are getting quicker and quicker at working through it and it just feels too fast now.

Maybe i didnt make it clear that im not talking about us average players who will consume the content at the normal pace... im talking about the top guilds and the competition for realm and world firsts.

Does anyone prefer the current race over days or the old days when it was over a couple of months...?
    Still never understood how other people playing long hours to try to finish a race affects you or anyone else at all.