Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    After installing Windows 10 - WoW runs about the 20 fps faster - I still hope there will be an DX12 version soon.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2015-07-30 at 01:16 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    After installing Windows 10 - WoW runs about the 20 fps faster - I still hope there will be an DX12 version soon.

That's either a placebo or a bug or a bloated previous installation since it's about 20% difference, that's huge, it's like upgrading a GPU to SLI or to a 4-year newer version. The Operating System is not very responsible for what happens since modern games mainly work with the GPU drivers and have very basic needs from the rest of the system, and the drivers on latest Windows versions aren't that different.

Look into placebo. The game is very complex and you can't just compare "the same boss". e.g. other spells/classes affect it.

Though most people ruin it with bloated installations, misconfigurations, extreme antialiasing, etc.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-07-30 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DX12 isn't even a main thing yet, so I bet in the future it might be planned but right now, it's probs some post-it note on some developer's booth.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Yep, same thing with me. I went from 60fps to over 90 fps in 25mans raids and dungeons, world fps went up from 40fps to 60fps. Overall the game is much more fluidic and smooth.

Do you have an NVIDIA gpu or an AMD gpu?

In wow it probably would be added with the new expansion.

Yo yo

Since WoW eventually got DX 11 support, I'm betting the same will happen with DX 12 in due time. I've also noticed about a 10 FPS increase, but this could easily be due to my OS and game being completely fresh installs.

Quote Originally Posted by gmike View Post
    Yep, same thing with me. I went from 60fps to over 90 fps in 25mans raids and dungeons, world fps went up from 40fps to 60fps. Overall the game is much more fluidic and smooth.
    Do you have an NVIDIA gpu or an AMD gpu?
    Nvidia 980ti

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    DX12 isn't even a main thing yet, so I bet in the future it might be planned but right now, it's probs some post-it note on some developer's booth.
    Everybody with WinVista,7,8,8.1 gets DX12 and Win10 for free. It's a main thing that will happen. So every developer with more than one brain cell will develop DX12 versions of their games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's either a placebo or a bug or a bloated previous installation since it's about 20% difference, that's huge, it's like upgrading a GPU to SLI or to a 4-year newer version. The Operating System is not very responsible for what happens since modern games mainly work with the GPU drivers and have very basic needs from the rest of the system, and the drivers on latest Windows versions aren't that different.
    Look into placebo. The game is very complex and you can't just compare "the same boss". e.g. other spells/classes affect it.
    Though most people ruin it with bloated installations, misconfigurations, extreme antialiasing, etc.
    It's the same game, same settings, just Win10 instead of Win8.1. All I manually added was the latest Nvidia DX10 graphics card driver.
    Maybe DX12 is already better at balancing the workload for the GPU and CPU cores or the removed drawcall limit is also at work.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!