Thread: UN Peacekeepers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Why should death penalty be banned if there are video proof, genetic info.
    Because it's hugely unethical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because it's hugely unethical?
    Ethics are in the eye of the beholder.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol UN peacekeepers?
    This is a perfect example of over-exaggerating something
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Would never work, our police forces are far more heavily armed

UN peacekeepers are useless, they only observe the crimes and do nothing about it.. We had our share of UN peace keepers in balkans when Serbs were killing people left and right.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The comments and views of this thread do nothing to make you seem brave or strong, only insane.
    yeah, its totally normal for people to be calm and all non-chalant when a foreign power interferes. That's totally what normally happens........
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yeah, its totally normal for people to be calm and all non-chalant when a foreign power interferes. That's totally what normally happens........
    So you don't care if American soldiers get blown up in Afghanistan, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't care if American soldiers get blown up in Afghanistan, then?
    Care? Course I do. I am American.
    Surprised? You have to have the outlook of a 5 year old who watches Seasame Street and cartoons to be surprised. And there are plenty of ppl like those and they are definitely not 5......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    UN Peacekeepers
    Are they not a foreign power? Hell calling the UN a 'power' is being super generous........

or maybe you need to start punish severely any policeman/woman who go overboard and at the same time invest more money and effort into training, and why not using FBI to check, investigate the normal police? From what i know the FBI is way more trained and professional than the normal police also have jurisdiction over the entire USA i don't see any problem giving them this job.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2015-07-28 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Depends on which nationality said peacekeepers are.

You can't trust the Dutch, for instance, vis a vis Srebrenica.
    Yeah, that case is more that you can't trust Americans, French and British because they only care about realpolitik.

They were all supposed to provide air support in case of an emergency. Dutchbat held out for a few days but didn't have any supplies and all the time those 3 ignored any distress call. In the end the Dutch themselves had to fly their own F16's over....

http://www.france24.com/en/20150709-...france-clinton
    You can see exactly why NATO or any cooperation between countries military wise is a joke.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2015-07-28 at 08:45 AM.

No need to send Peacekeepers, but we could/should send some police training officers to teach new techniques.
    USA cops never try to de-escalate the problem, their one and only response is pull a gun, threaten and intimidate the suspect...

Is this like a "what if we built our houses out of baby teeth" hypothetical? Or is this something you believe would ever actually happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    No need to send Peacekeepers, but we could/should send some police training officers to teach new techniques.
    USA cops never try to de-escalate the problem, their one and only response is pull a gun, threaten and intimidate the suspect...
    I hope you realize that isn't correct. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    I hope you realize that isn't correct. At all.
    Seems pretty spot-on to me, which part did you have issue with? The reality part?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Seems pretty spot-on to me, which part did you have issue with? The reality part?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Do you really believe that American police ONLY pull guns and never EVER try to de-escalate a situation? Because that was the claim.

You'd have to be a damn idiot to believe that.

Do you really believe that American police ONLY pull guns and never EVER try to de-escalate a situation? Because that was the claim.

You'd have to be a damn idiot to believe that.
    I quite honestly almost never see a police officer on camera actively de-escalating a situation, that's a fact. They respond to verbal resistance and questions with physical / overwhelming force. And sometimes it's obvious that the reason they're fucking with somebody is hurt cop ego, which escalates the situation.

Maybe it's an exaggeration, but it isn't much of one. Maybe police are de-escalating situations just by being there, when they're not actually arresting/beating anyone? Like, if they're just walking down the street. Maybe that's what you meant.

I quite honestly almost never see a police officer on camera actively de-escalating a situation, that's a fact. They respond to verbal resistance and questions with physical / overwhelming force.

Maybe it's an exaggeration, but it isn't much of one. Maybe police are de-escalating situations just by being there, when they're not actually arresting/beating anyone? Like, if they're just walking down the street. Maybe that's what you meant.
    So, because you never see a video of it, it must not happen. K.

So, because you never see a video of it, it must not happen. K.
    So I should assume it happens most of the time, even though I never see it?

Is this physics?

So I should assume it happens most of the time, even though I never see it?

Is this physics?
    Oh no, your logic is watertight! You don't see videos of it, so therefore it doesn't happen. I'm sure you watch video of the 10 million+ arrests that happen every year.

Watertight.