Poll: Do you bother enchanting/gemming alts if you raid at least normal on them?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you enchant/gem your alts for raiding?

Dear all,

Lately I come across loads of people in group finder that do not enchant and gem their characters. When they link me some sort of current achievement from their main (showing that they either actually know their stuff or they got carried), I ask them why they don't enchant/gem their gear on the character they want to join the raid with. I usually get 'bro it's only an alt' or 'it's only normal' as a reply.

Characters having no enchants directly leads me to believe the players are no good on that character for some reason since they don't put effort (if you can call 2-3k total for best enchants effort lol) into that character. They miss out on 275 of a secondary stat + 10% speed boost, wep enchant effect and whatever extra they get grom gems.

Do you enchant your alts?

For comments: are you repulsed by such people in group finder or do you invite them?

I enchant my alts if I raid on them. The mats aren't that expensive for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Properly enchant anything 690+. Not using epic gems though, haha.
    Thundercunts and stuff

Deleted
    i have 4 alts all over 710 ilvl I use both the best enchants + epic gems on them

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Yes, although I use the cheap versions until they're in gear that they'll use for a while.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few alts that I’ve only ever done LFR on. I have never enchanted any of their gear. I have 1 alt that I sometimes do some normal during a guild alt run but it’s a pretty casual run and I don’t go very often so I don’t think most of his gear is enchanted either except the weapon since it’s a DK.

If I was serious enough with any of my alts to want to pug normal or heroic I would at minimum use cheap gems/enchants. I’d have similar expectations of the people I’m pugging with so I would hold myself to that as well.

Yes of course, even if I'm playing an alt I'd be embarassed to be less than prepared. I can't make up for lack of playtime and thus perfect muscle memory execution, but I can make up for gearing shortfalls that are under my control.

if i raid on my alts, they are geared appropriately.

if i have no intention of anything other than LFR on my alts, i dont bother.
    <insert witty signature here>

I don't play alts.
    But if I WOULD play alts, I would not use Groupfinder to raid.
    So if I would play alts and wanted to raid with them I would enchant everything because I would like to join a decent guild for raiding.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the character has 675 gear on the slot and I remember to send them an enchant then yes. I have 12 characters I am maintaining and usually only run 1-3 of them through lfr each week. My main of course is always should be enchanted/gemmed. On many of my alts, I simply forget to enchant them.

Note: if I was trying to join a group in groupfinder that alt would be gemmed and enchanted. I don't generally pug. And if I did, any character I took to do that would be appropriately set up correctly. On lfr, I mostly don't care. Watching television and dpsing I find even my poorly geared alts are near the top of the meters.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-07-28 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Of course. And I kicked everyone who is missing gems/enchants from my groups.

Nobody cares what main character has achieved, main isn't in that group. Not gemming or enchanting gear means player doesn't care about his/her performance and will probably suck badly.

I have 2 alts at 690-695 ish, both are enchanted and neither have any gem slots.. Enchants are basically free if you have an Enchanter anyway.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

People who don't enchant/gem their toons just don't care. Gold is ridiculously easy to make this expansion, and enchants/gem prices on the AH are racing to the bottom.

Yes, unless the enchants actually cost a significant amount, such as epic gems right now or top tier enchants at the start of the xpac.

1-2k doesn't really make a dent in the bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but usually with the cheaper options unless I'm raiding with them a lot.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Yes, although I use the cheap versions until they're in gear that they'll use for a while.
    Pretty much.

When it comes to other people, it doesn't bother me as much now as it did pre-WoD when sockets were a part of the item budget, but it still does say something about the effort the person is willing to put into the character. When I arranged flex pugs in MoP, I prioritized characters with correct gems/enchants/reforging, even if they would have lower item level.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I only use the cheaper versions. The tiny stat improvement is not worth the outrageous prices (or worth the time if you're like me and use alts to get you gems/enchants).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, better ones for guild raids, weaker ones for everything else.

I just feel naked without.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My highest alt is 670, 42 ilvls less than my main, and I use welfare enchants/gems, I couldn't care less for any other alts.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I don't play alts.
    But if I WOULD play alts, I would not use Groupfinder to raid.
    So if I would play alts and wanted to raid with them I would enchant everything because I would like to join a decent guild for raiding.
    Exactly this! +1