Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The fun part is when classic is released it's also retail, so the term doesn't even make sense.
    Woah now, don't do that. You'll make them implode or something.

Hey guis, listen to me!
    I am the only one speaking for the private server community!

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I have said before it can have no changes.
    Aww too bad, prepare to be disappointed. Ha ha ha. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Hey guis, listen to me!
    Oh lord another one! No! Bad Hanablossom! *gets the spray bottle*

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guis, listen to me!
    The only one. nice. You are speaking for the private server community.

The only one. nice. You are speaking for the private server community.
    No changes! Release it just like it was!

No, wait..

Add in Draenei booty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Aww too bad, prepare to be disappointed. Ha ha ha. Get over it.
    I wont play if they change.

- - - Updated - - -

No changes! Release it just like it was!
    Great! Awesome!

You do speak for me.
    I have never tried speaking for you.

I have said before it can have no changes.
    You aren't the one making that decision

Well. The live community has told that classic server wont attract people for 10 years.
    Some people on Live have said that. Most people on Live haven't said a damn thing about it either way.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    You don't get it, do you?

You are not Blizzard's target demographic b/c you already pay a sub. That makes your opinion irrelevant. They already got you by the balls.

What they want is US back, the people currently on private servers. They want our dollars back, and that makes our opinion infinitely important, b/c they don't have us.

The Classic servers happened to lure US back into the fold, therefore our opinion is the one that counts. If Blizzard change Classic to cater to you Retailers, we simply stay where we are and Blizzard do not get our subs.

Money talks and BS walks. It is that simple.
    If Blizzard was really just in it for the money, they'd simply sit there shutting down and suing every private server owner, hosting service, etc for everything they've got from now til the end of time and probably generate quite a bit more revenue than they would from bringing a few whining thieves back onto their servers. They might not get them all taken down because of law differences in certain regions like China, but they'd probably get more than a few hundred thousand subs will generate over a couple years and also not incur the cost of actually developing, running, and GM'ing the classic servers. This is a community outreach from them, not a money grab, and the faster everyone gets that through their heads the faster everyone will realize that we need to come to terms and get on one page together rather than sitting around blaming each other for every little thing we want kept the same or changed.

The problem is that all the thieves out there (yes, you're all stealing whether you pay for it or not, it is piracy) seem to think that their opinions magically hold more weight than anyone else despite the fact that many people still playing retail have been playing since the same time period as them back in 2004/2005. If I'm a store owner about to release a product, do I listen to the thief that says he'll pay for my new product if I make it the way he wants despite stealing from me for years or do I listen to the customer who has been a loyal and paying customer for 13 years? The thief needs to find a way to make his word count for something, and banding together with the loyal customer is the way to do that.

Like I said, everyone needs to be on the same page for everything in the end so when Blizzard really starts getting down into what patch to release on, what changes should be made (some people don't even want bug fixes done) or shouldn't be made (I think we all agree we don't want LFR), and what state to release classes in to deal with balance changes (for example, we don't want 50% of the game to be mages and rogues) we can have a decent conversation with the Blizzard reps when they visit the forums and lay down a basic list of what players do and do not want. The problem is all the finger pointing from both sides, not the actual changes being asked for but the fact that both sides think they're the superior side.

Good. Then you won't be playing.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

K. Bye. We won't care, Blizz won't care. You are one person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    If Blizzard was really just in it for the money, they'd simply sit there shutting down and suing every private server owner, hosting service, etc for everything they've got from now til the end of time and probably generate quite a bit more revenue than they would from bringing a few whining thieves back onto their servers. They might not get them all taken down because of law differences in certain regions like China, but they'd probably get more than a few hundred thousand subs will generate over a couple years and also not incur the cost of actually developing, running, and GM'ing the classic servers. This is a community outreach from them, not a money grab, and the faster everyone gets that through their heads the faster everyone will realize that we need to come to terms and get on one page together rather than sitting around blaming each other for every little thing we want kept the same or changed.
    People wont come back if blizzard does shut down private servers. Shutting down private servers also requires a lot of costs for employing lawyers and etc.

I am not one person.

He is LEGION!

10+ Year Old Account
    It requires changes and progress as you said Yea, just like old models, LFR and arenas should be removed.

Upset does not matter since you can remove old models as much as you want.
    Old models aren't even in the same category as LFR and Arena. Even at so, that fuck you talking about old models like I was the one making you magically not be a blood elf.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People wont come back if blizzard does shut down private servers. Shutting down private servers also requires a lot of costs for employing lawyers and etc.
    They shut down Nostralius. They've shut down other servers since then.

And it doesn't cost them anything more to shut down private servers. They already pay the lawyers. Shutting down Private servers is just one of the things they do for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-12-08 at 10:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is LEGION!
    LEGION? LOL. Are you talking about BFA?

No both BFA and classic sub for me if blizzard changes classic.

I am not one person.
    Umm. Yes. You are. You speak for no one but yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    They shut down Nostralius. They've shut down other servers since then.
    Yea. That costs even more than opening their own classic server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The fun part is when classic is released it's also retail, so the term doesn't even make sense.
    Basically...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Oh you mean the people that are already NOT paying Blizz money. Oh man whatever will Blizz do with that loss of ZERO dollars those people are providing.

LEGION? LOL. Are you talking about BFA?
    No both BFA and classic sub for me if blizzard changes classic.
    No no, it's a joke.
    a lá "I am not one person, we are an entire legion".