Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Socrethar ghost tips wanted

My raid needs some tips on how to ensure no ghosts get through.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xHfgdK6BthT1y8Dr

Those are our logs if they can help. It always seems to be just one or two that get through the prisons, and its always on someone who moved out of the group with the debuff on them. Is there anyway we can minimize this?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

We personally never have prison'd ghosts. They just run through the fire lines and the destro warlock(s) kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you're killing them or trapping them - people moving out with Gift have to stand on the line between the boss and the blue portal, so that if they're fixated the ghosts always travel the same path. We have some people standing between the boss and the portal and some standing further from the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Whether you're killing them or trapping them - people moving out with Gift have to stand on the line between the boss and the blue portal, so that if they're fixated the ghosts always travel the same path. We have some people standing between the boss and the portal and some standing further from the boss.
    The guys with marks say they are in the same path, but each time ive seen ghosts loose, those are the guys they tend to be on. Don't the ghosts all spawn at the same time and move at the same speed as a group? So one prison should be capable of killing them right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    We personally never have prison'd ghosts. They just run through the fire lines and the destro warlock(s) kill them.
    What does the construct do in this situation? Just focus the boss?
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Move out of the group but in line with the line! It's as simple as that.

You don't prison the ghosts, let them take damage from the firelines, theres not much more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    What does the construct do in this situation? Just focus the boss?
    Construct should never touch ghosts. You can't do anything to them really. Your fire lines should do about 50-60% of the ghosts HP solo. Long as you get 2-3 lines down so they have no chance of getting out of it.

Construct just uses 2 on ghosts(can target them and still melee boss) on cd.

Use 1 on CD on boss unless dominator is up. Hold it till it dies its a dps loss on the dominator as well as boss to use it on it. Prison I only use on Heroic at like sub 15-20% so dps can burn boss but otherwise its not really worth.

And mythic you can't even prison ghosts really cuz you are using it on the new adds.

Our Heroic run we do(mainly with alts) 5m 7s kill(boss damage only): https://gyazo.com/0025b1c96e0800cfc53d4b1fcfe6bad3

Total damage in p2: https://gyazo.com/0d01c5cb8c2f33b9c6586fce9c46d1ae

I did some boss damage
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-08-06 at 04:19 AM.

Construct should never touch ghosts. You can't do anything to them really. Your fire lines should do about 50-60% of the ghosts HP solo. Long as you get 2-3 lines down so they have no chance of getting out of it.

Construct just uses 2 on ghosts(can target them and still melee boss) on cd.

Use 1 on CD on boss unless dominator is up. Hold it till it dies its a dps loss on the dominator as well as boss to use it on it. Prison I only use on Heroic at like sub 15-20% so dps can burn boss but otherwise its not really worth.

And mythic you can't even prison ghosts really cuz you are using it on the new adds.

Our Heroic run we do(mainly with alts) 5m 7s kill(boss damage only): https://gyazo.com/0025b1c96e0800cfc53d4b1fcfe6bad3

Total damage in p2: https://gyazo.com/0d01c5cb8c2f33b9c6586fce9c46d1ae

I did some boss damage
    What if we only have one destro lock? We do have a hunter as well. So you suggest just not using the prison at all huh.
    What about those dps numbers the robot hit? I was only hitting around 180k focusing the boss full time.

in heroic (No comment on mythic) - I found that.. prisoning ONCE directly on the blue portal, each time the portal appears (so once when you first get in the robot, and once again when the portals move) helps ALOT.

The reason for this is.. it prisons the *first* set of ghosts, allowing you time to get 3 if not 4 fire charges out before the 2nd set of ghosts spawn... if you place those 3-4 fire lines properly (usually for me its O = = O where the O's are the blue and red portals, and the = are the fire lines (Obviously they extend into the blue portal so the ghosts are instantly snared on spawn)... it works damned well for us.

Also as the robot driver, I tend to try to face the blue portal (while meleeing the boss, so that my .. shockwaves?.. will hit any ghosts who get close... its only 100k ish per ghost, but it seems to be around 20% of their hp?

Lastly, back when we were failing and unable to 1phase it... in the SECOND phase 2, I would just prison all the ghosts.. and the boss would die before the portals moved in the second phase 2.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    What if we only have one destro lock? We do have a hunter as well. So you suggest just not using the prison at all huh.
    What about those dps numbers the robot hit? I was only hitting around 180k focusing the boss full time.
    It's most likely just not having proper uptimes on your targets. I'd guess you have far fewer melee swings and reverberating blows and less damage on the ghosts (especially if you're imprisoning them). Make sure you're ALWAYS melee attacking if you're not putting down firelines and make sure reverberating blow is used on CD on the boss. As Jello said you can use the orb on ghosts while not losing boss damage. Most common mistake I see though is people letting the auto attack of the construct stop.

Ya the autos of the construct are way too strong to ever not be in melee other than dropping 1-2 lines(you never need more than that). One slightly left and one slightly right so its wide enough ghosts are always in it.

Ya the autos of the construct are way too strong to ever not be in melee other than dropping 1-2 lines(you never need more than that). One slightly left and one slightly right so its wide enough ghosts are always in it.
    What dps would you recommend kill the ghosts other than a warlock?

@octa that could be it. We so far have just been snaring the ghosts the entire time they are out until transition. Then we sorta die.

Moonkin should stand in range for starfall to hit all the time. You could have a hunter go BM and send their pet in and cleave. TBH a solo warlock with decent gear should be enough if they play destro correctly.

Moonkin should stand in range for starfall to hit all the time. You could have a hunter go BM and send their pet in and cleave. TBH a solo warlock with decent gear should be enough if they play destro correctly.
    Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

I drive the robot every week and i'll tell you how I do it with perfection.

I'm assuming you're doing this on heroic, so i'll comment based on that assumption.

Soon as you get in, use your 1 ability on boss, then immediately align yourself between red and blue portals and do a fire line. On the run back to the boss, cast the void prison directly under the blue portal, this ability casts while moving so its best thing you can do while waddling back to the boss anyway. The ghosts haven't spawned yet, but when they do, they all spawn at the same time and will trigger the trap, all becoming trapped at once. After returning to the boss, use your 1 again quickly and then the first shielding add will come out and require you to switch. After it's dead and you refresh 1 again on the boss, drop a second line of fire right beside the first. This 2 row thick fire ensures 100% of ghosts stay clumped up tight next to each other on the way to your raid, assuming they are stacking under the red portal which they should be. When next set of ghosts spawn, just cast prison slightly in front of them but wait until they are in fire. Fire slows them a fuckton and makes aiming the prison very easy. Prison has a cast time before it is deployed, then a slight delay on top of that before it can trigger. It will take a little practice from your robot driver to get it just perfect, but it's pretty easy to master. If one or two ghosts get by, simply call it out to the ranged to kill them. The damage from your fire lines coupled with the extreme slowing effect of it will make them very easy to murder, sometimes they die before getting out of the fire without any added damage going on them at all.

For all future sets of ghosts, stack them up where you put the second grouping. This will keep all of them contained and controlled at all times. The first set of ghosts either comes out at the same time as the third set or perhaps they are timed so far apart the trap cooldown is ready for both, but either way eventually the first set breaks but is just as easily trapped with no problems.

Now to keep the fight exceedingly simple and easy, after the portals move, get a DK to mass grip all ghosts together into one exact point, then stop interrupting the cast that kills the robot and have the robot pilot drop a fire line DIRECTLY on top of the ghosts in their central point. Doing so will instantly kill the robot due to ghost damage, allowing you to enter phase 1 again. Once the crystal breaks (or if you choose to dps it and break it early) the ghosts will still be in robot fire and will be taking a lot of damage and be extremely slowed, because of this range can switch to them and AOE them all to death very quickly with no effort.

Repeat phase 1, then repeat phase 2 until boss dies.

That is the easiest and simplest way to do the encounter. You can realign after portals move and all that, but unless your group is extremely good you aren't going to do it in 1 robot in heroic, though it is quite easy to do it in 1 robot on normal so you should just disregard the part about suiciding the robot if you're doing normal. So since you have to do it in 2 robots either way on heroic for most groups, you're better off choosing exactly when and doing it at that moment so you dont have to ever deal with ghosts coming at you from 2 directions.

Just always cast prisons in the exact same spot (except the very first one, which is directly centered on blue portal) and time the cast to catch em. You'll keep all current and previous groups controlled the entire time until time to kill em all. It doesn't take long to master and perfect the technique and no ghost will ever get away and you won't have to waste DPS time killing adds until it's time to kill them all at once. At that point, just tell all ranged to get on it honestly so it's done really quickly before they have a chance to get out of fire.

if ghosts are spreading out too far away from each other it's because the raid isn't stacking properly. Everyone should stand right on the red portal and the people with the green damage circles (forget the name) should be standing either between red and blue or so that red is between them and blue. Healers do the latter, dps do the former so they can reach ghosts to damage them when it's kill time.

Also those 2 lines of fire are literally all the fire you need. It will last until the portals move. It is safe to drop the second line perfectly next to the first because all the ghosts are trapped on the portal and aren't in the fire yet. After dropping those 2 lines of fire, it is no longer needed nor is it safe to drop additional fire to overlap or try to refresh it. Only drop those 2 lines, then a final line directly on the ghosts when it is suicide time.

If you are ever in a situation where some ghosts are slowed and some arent, or some ghosts are trapped and some aren't, it means somebody fucked up. If raid was spread it can happen, but if they aren't spread it is the robot pilot at fault.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2015-08-06 at 05:18 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Thank you Dasani. Sounds pretty easy.

If Ghosts are an issue, might I suggest having your Boomkin and Shaman [with and without gift] between the boss and ghosts... while the rest are on the other side of the boss with those marked moving further that side accordingly ? That way, if ghosts are nearing they can just simply knock them back easy while said ghosts all go in the same direction.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2015-08-06 at 05:12 AM.

Elementals are as strong as warlocks on them if you for some reason happen to have one. CL+EQ = massive damage.

We also don't prison and let the ghost run through the lines. If it looks like some will get through we get the hunters to barrage. We have 3 hunter tho so that helps. I'm sure other classes can do it as well.

Move out of the group but in line with the line! It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by baltieniterte; 2015-08-06 at 07:43 AM.

Yeah I can solo them on my 710 warlock pretty easily. Shit hits the fan sometimes when gifts stand in Africa and ghosts go to them, but you just call for a binding shot and a couple people to switch and it's all good.