Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maybe they have a quest to kill x amount of minions and they can go ahead and kill a few more of yours. Maybe they need to summon so many minions. Does it really hurt you to wait 10 more seconds? They outplayed you (or got lucky, right?), allow them their victory. If they start healing and doing stupid stuff like that just to rub it in, concede. If they're just killing minions and playing cards for more xp, let them.

Some people (and bots) concede at the begining of the match to lower their MMR (on play mode) and get easy matches to do the dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    They outplayed you (or got lucky, right?), allow them their victory.
    That's what you're doing when you're conceding...
    It's not my job to finish their quests for them or to give them their bm erections.

I'm pretty quick to throw in the towel

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do NOT concede when my opponent has lethal because sometimes they don't see it or they misplay. I've won a few games that way.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I honestly don't know why anyone lets a final turn play out when the opponent clearly has lethal. In chess you don't play out every turn until the King is taken, you just call mate when it's obvious the game is over.

I often concede when there's little chance of recovering. Better for my state of mind to just skip to the next game than get pummeled while hoping for a 1/20 chance of winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I concede when the game is clearly over. That's pretty much it.

I don't understand why there's this entire psychological angle to it with some people. Seen so many threads about it. :O
    I think some people get genuinely mad when their 18/18 buffed minion doesn't get to slam into the enemy face and make the portrait explode.

I admit, back in beta that made me mad sometimes :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was a bullshit win or cancer deck, I concede. If it was an equal game, or they won with an innovative deck (ie: not anything cancer, patron or control warrior, freeze mage, or handlock) then I let them showboat and Well Played them. Winning because the RNG gods decide to bless you with a 0 mana 50/50 Shaft Dildo of the Unholy Luck while the opponent gets raped by said item due to bad rng isn't anything to gloat over.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

As others have said, people do misplay or miss lethal and so I never concede due to this.

I also think it's good sportsmanship to see the game through til the end, regardless of if I'm going to win or lose.

On the flip side of things; I just get a great laugh at anyone who concedes because I know deep down they can't handle defeat properly due to a slew of mental deficiencies.

If they were spamming emotes I concede before they get killing blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    People fucking LOVE to BM on their last turn. I refuse to sit through them gloating like a 2 year old that got his hands in the cookie jar.

I concede if I know I'm going to lose, or if they have lethal. I don't want to sit there while someone spams emotes and BMs me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    On the flip side of things; I just get a great laugh at anyone who concedes because I know deep down they can't handle defeat properly due to a slew of mental deficiencies.
    Saving time is a mental deficiency?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only do it if they're BMing or AFK when they have lethal. Otherwise I think it's nice to let them have the kill if they earned it.

Sometimes on bad days, I know I lost early and I just want to cut my losses, but this is uncommon.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I NEVER concede. EVER! There's nothing that would make me concede even if I know 170% that It's lost. I play and stall the match in anyway I can (but not roping) and will always let my opponent do the killing blow no matter how much their BM me. And if sometimes I feel too salty, I just squelch them, but let them finish playing the final turn however they want to play it.

This behavior actually won me some rare matches. 2 examples come to mind: the match was 100% lost for me and my friend (not my opponent) was telling me to concede and move on, i didn't. The opponent disconnected and i won the match. Another example is my opponent BMing me in a way, and totally miscalculating the rest of the damage OR letting me live that turn like saying: I won, I will let you live to concede, and a single card the next turn, turns everything around.

If you want to kill me, don't expect me to do it for you, you have to do it urself. I have all the time in the world when I play, so if u want to make it fast, you can skip all your show and just kill me and move on.
    Last edited by Mandibleclaw; 2015-08-20 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I only do it if they're BMing or AFK when they have lethal. Otherwise I think it's nice to let them have the kill if they earned it.

Sometimes on bad days, I know I lost early and I just want to cut my losses, but this is uncommon.
    I don't want to take this off topic but I'm extremely confused about your signature and it bothers me.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

At the relatively high level, you donæt expect your enemy to miss lethal unless he is playing a patron deck. So, you see lethal + you concede, especially now, after the concede animation buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Each card played is worth 3XP; the same for each enemy minion killed.

They don't waste their time, they are gaining experience.
    Never knew that lol, learn something everyday.

perfect example of why not to concede is yesterday was playing zoo lock vs zoo lock we were about the same life he dicks around has lethal on board spams sorry well played and that was a mistake i need doom guard to win if he messes up he then goes on to kill my few creatures i have and then passes his turn guess what i topdick doom guard and GG TY bmers for making a loss into a win

10+ Year Old Account
    More people are conceding the instant the opponent shows they have lethal simply to prevent the BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never conceded and I have no intention of doing so in the future.

The game isn't over until I've exploded or he has, and I'm not going to GIVE it to him. He wants it? He can take it.

He wants to sit there and play his cards and build his board and not kill me? Fine with me, I'll just build up my hand here and either turn this around or die trying.

Had games where I was clearly beaten, enemy has <10 HP left, then I draw King "Kiss My Ass" Krush, and win all because my opponent decided he wanted to screw around.

I will never concede.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)