Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How I think Hunters need to be fixed

Hunters are great for playing aggro as their hero power is one of the better ones - 2 mana 2 damage to the opposing hero. All other damage hero powers are 1 per turn. Rogues can buff up their dagger but it is 1 damage per turn when the hero power is used.
    Hunters get 2 damage but no choice who to hit just the opposing hero unless they have that one card where they can hit minions too.
    I say to rid us of scum face hunters and actually make people think when playing a hunter - the hero power needs to be 1 damage in line with all the other damage dealing hero powers and let them hit a minion or a hero.

I know the skill-less face hunters will not agree with this but it is for your own good. Skill and thinking are good things.

Then it'd just be the mage hero power.

So... obviously not going to happen.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Then it'd just be the mage hero power.

So... obviously not going to happen.
    well no.. as it's an arrow not a fireblast.

Quote Originally Posted by SufferWell View Post
    Mechanically exactly the same.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    One damage to any target we want with no damage to ourself...

Mage hero power.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

You all seem to miss the point here.

Generally if "everyone" else is missing the point, its not actually everyone else.

Every class hero power is distinctive to each class and what you are asking for is to make hunters into mages. Each hero power have advantages and disadvantages that work with their cards. Paladins can summon continous 1/1 minions, shamans have 4 distinct minions to summon but they are random and can only have one of each on the board at a time, warriors armor for 2 which allows them more health then every class save druid, etc.... Sure face hunter is the most popular form of hunter because it is cheap deck to make and the quickest kind of deck to play. Zoolock is also a really popular aggro deck why aren't you complaining about that. It sounds more to me your just angry because you lost a couple of games to face hunters because of their hero power get over it.

The problem with hunter, or hearthstone in general, is created to target super casual crowd, they don't really care too much about 'balancing'.

'Balancing' is near impossible, Blizzard intentionally made this game heavily RNG based(even more so as more cards/expansions come out), to stamp out level playing field. Of course, skills do matter in this game but they made it so that there is no way you can win every game.

You can see they did nothing to nerf the meta right now, it's ridiculous that you can lose so often with other decks but with hunter you can just let the cards play themselves and lose prolly 1 in 10 games due to bad draws or your opponent drew perfectly to finish the race before you.

The new inspire/joust mechanic is their 'answer' to solve this problem, however, I don't see how good they can be, since late game cards are still shitty when compared with early game cards like leper gnome, knife juggler, etc.

At the end of the day, Blizzard are saying "It's fun when you have a chance to win an opponent much higher skilled than you", so unless they change that mindset, this game will forever be like this and there will be cards/heroes that are extremely unfair and we will have to deal with it.

Right now, we rarely rarely see great plays, but we often see the RNG screwing whoever had the lead, and that's the 'entertaining' part we are laughing at, to me that is fun but at the same time, it shows how sad humanity has become, we are basically laughing at someone who is suffering from unjust, how ironic we have the paladin emotes in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing Wave, Power Word: Glory and Darnassus Aspirant will make face decks less powerful one way or another. It might still be used to ladder quickly, it's not going to become obsolete entirely.

Hunters are great for playing aggro as their hero power is one of the better ones - 2 mana 2 damage to the opposing hero. All other damage hero powers are 1 per turn.
    Nope. All hero powers are balanced to be "2hp swing", with the assumption of the enemy's face in mind, like armor, heal, druid, rogue, hunter. Shaman and Paladins are hard to quantify. Mages is just one damage, but it sure is balanced like the others.
    &nbsp;

Since i think there are just ppl out there who like to play hunter, i have another idea how to fix hunters:

Just give all the hunter players a other deck that is semi-succesful ...i mean already if you check the class legendaries...used in 0 decks, just uselss

Deleted
    face hunter is just as talentless and cheap as the hunter in WoW

There really ain't a need for this thread as TGT is soon here.. And face Hunter as we know it doesn't work anymore. So Hunters are forced to go more towards mid to late game to remain viable. As to if that kind of hunter is still OP, I hope not. Still calling for changes when they are right around the corner ain't really achieving anything.

I don't think they're going to touch that hero power.

Personally I think the real problem is cards like KC and QS, which can target face. Most of their other rush minions are actually neutrals, the reason Hunters use them and other classes don't is their EXTREME ability to close, because of hero power, weapons and spells. One or more of those three need to be targeted. Hero power - probably not. Weapons - hard to nerf all of those. Spells - no reason KC and QS can't be made minion-target only IMO. There goes 16 free face damage and the ability to close from absolutely nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    There really ain't a need for this thread as TGT is soon here.. And face Hunter as we know it doesn't work anymore. So Hunters are forced to go more towards mid to late game to remain viable.
    Um, yet to be seen IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    There really ain't a need for this thread as TGT is soon here.. And face Hunter as we know it doesn't work anymore. So Hunters are forced to go more towards mid to late game to remain viable. As to if that kind of hunter is still OP, I hope not. Still calling for changes when they are right around the corner ain't really achieving anything.
    You are missing the point of a face hunter. Ppl roll facehunter cause it doesnt need any skill to play while its very succesful (and the deck is also cheap). So whatever TGT brings up all the "facehunters" will just change with the wind and roll the new fotm class-deck.
    Last edited by PPN; 2015-08-17 at 08:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Keep 2 damage to the face. It fits them perfectly.

And no, I don't play face hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    You are missing the point of a face hunter. Ppl roll facehunter cause it doesnt need any skill to play while its very succesful (and the deck is also cheap). So whatever TGT brings up all the "facehunters" will just change with the wind and roll the new fotm class-deck.
    I don't know how you got that out of this thread, but fine.. FotM rolling will never go away, a lot of people will always go for the strongest thing in every game they are playing.

This time it just happened to be Hunter and a deck that ignored all the base mechanics of the game and just went face. Zoo or Mechmage focused on board control and zerging the board to get a lead, while Hunter just ignores the board completely most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    The problem with hunter, or hearthstone in general, is created to target super casual crowd, they don't really care too much about 'balancing'.

'Balancing' is near impossible, Blizzard intentionally made this game heavily RNG based(even more so as more cards/expansions come out), to stamp out level playing field. Of course, skills do matter in this game but they made it so that there is no way you can win every game.

You can see they did nothing to nerf the meta right now, it's ridiculous that you can lose so often with other decks but with hunter you can just let the cards play themselves and lose prolly 1 in 10 games due to bad draws or your opponent drew perfectly to finish the race before you.

The new inspire/joust mechanic is their 'answer' to solve this problem, however, I don't see how good they can be, since late game cards are still shitty when compared with early game cards like leper gnome, knife juggler, etc.

At the end of the day, Blizzard are saying "It's fun when you have a chance to win an opponent much higher skilled than you", so unless they change that mindset, this game will forever be like this and there will be cards/heroes that are extremely unfair and we will have to deal with it.

Right now, we rarely rarely see great plays, but we often see the RNG screwing whoever had the lead, and that's the 'entertaining' part we are laughing at, to me that is fun but at the same time, it shows how sad humanity has become, we are basically laughing at someone who is suffering from unjust, how ironic we have the paladin emotes in the game.
    So how do you balance facehunter? Are you going to nerf.... 10-12 cards and a hero power to balance one class? It was beatable, people beat it. It just happened to be the best. Hate to be the bearer of bad news here but there will ALWAYS be a best deck. Do you know why rush go so popular? Because control warrior was so stupidly OP that if it went past turn 7-8 it was essentially over. So people created decks that won by that point.

It's a meta, it will change. Blizzard makes a load of money off of this which means they're not just balancing on a whim.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree somewhat that the hero power need to change. However if they were to change it, they need to change the imbalance of the other ones too. You compare Hunter vs Mage, what about Priest vs Warrior? That is almost the same thing other than both being 2 heal on minion/hero or 2 shield (which is similar to 2 heal on hero but can be used at max)