Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone have any tips on how to deal with this?

So, I'm going to start uni very soonish, and have some other stuff that's going to happen but I've been feeling kind of, well, down, because of it all. It's just so much ahead of me and it's kind of overwhelming, feel like it's too much. :|

So, does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this kind of stuff, how to not feel that it's too much and overwhelming?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's sort of hard to give you the right advice when you practically gave us nothing in the first place except for you going to a university.

more information will help.

Deleted
    The most common solution to "meh" feelings is - keep yourself busy and try to be healthy in your activities.
    Don't overwork yourself but don't give yourself the time to grind over your negative thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, different for anyone. Get some friends or family to help out if they can?

We're also your personal cheerleader squad if you need it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Sorry, different for anyone. Get some friends or family to help out if they can?

We're also your personal cheerleader squad if you need it.
    Eh, I'm going to be moving to a new town, where I don't really know anyone, to study for almost 4 years. Feels a lot like, "What the fuck have I gotten myself into? ABORT!" atm. ._.

Deleted
    As Darkrulerxxx said, it's hard to advise you without more information, but I also agree with Khalitzburg in that in general one of the best things you can do is to just keep yourself busy, I went through a patch of feeling very depressed in the summer of 2014 and the only time I felt better was when I was out of my house interacting with other people because it took my mind off of it and kept me busy. If you find that when you are at home your mind frequently gets stuck on the things that make you feel down, then just get out of the house and get fresh air and find something to keep you distracted.

Outside of that, having someone that you have an emotional connection with (in other words, not random people on MMO Champion) to talk about your problems can also really help because it allows you to just unload all of your emotions and get it off of your chest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Eh, I'm going to be moving to a new town, where I don't really know anyone, to study for almost 4 years. Feels a lot like, "What the fuck have I gotten myself into? ABORT!" atm. ._.
    Charm the common folk and become their queen!

Honestly tho, it's normal to have those feelings, so don't push them away too much.
    When you catch yourself looping with these thoughts in your head, do something to keep your mind off of it.

Basically... focus on one thing at the time... make a list:

- Get setup in dorm room / apartment / housing whatever.
    - Register for classes.
    - Buy books / gear / clothes
    - Buy and use hygiene products
    - Go to class
    - Win

Deleted
    I'd advise you to visit it sooner rather than later and get to know the area more in-depth or else it'll feel like a sensory overload when you finally shift ass and move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, moving to a new place can be terrifying :/ You're a likable person though, you'll meet people through school. There's probably lots of people moving there who feel just like you atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Meh making friends isn't hard. I just moved 1000 miles to the middle of South Dakota for a job with a minimum of 2 year contract. The closest person I know is 1000 miles away. College is mostly fun times so enjoy that and don't be stupid, don't schedule classes before noon, or on Fridays.

7+ Year Old Account
    That kind of feelings and sensations usually go away the first day. Just be open and don't focus on the past, but on what you can do now

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'd advise you to visit it sooner rather than later and get to know the area more in-depth or else it'll feel like a sensory overload when you finally shift ass and move.
    Well in the US classes start like monday so...

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't put off for tomorrow what you can get done today.

Seriously, follow this one rule and everything will work out.

Deleted
    Ahhh okay, I can't really advise you on that then because I will be going through a similar thing next year and I understand how you feel because I am also honestly nervous about it. However, as a kid my family moved towns a few times so I know what its like to feel like that, the good thing about uni though is that it is more than likely that you won't be the only person in that exact situation. I don't know if that helps at all but to me, knowing that I'm not the only one who is panicked about things like that helps.

10+ Year Old Account

TBH nothing you can really do about it. The feelings will pass.

Deleted
    I'm going to univeristy for the first time in September, starting in Year 2 and I am rather intimidated by what lies ahead. If the uni has any oepn days or invites you to events, go to them! get a feel for the place, familiarise yourself with the lecturers, support staff and you fellow students.

Take comfort in the knowledge that most, if not everyone will be feeling nervous about going to university. Just take each class 1 by 1 and after a week you will have made yourself well acquainted with people.

As for you moving town, I can't help you there. I am somone who doesn't adjust to change very well but over time you will (hopefully) get used to things. Keep in contact with people you know and don't think of the changes in your life as a bad thing, because life would be rather boring if we never done anything different.

The biggest issue I had was that University felt like such a large increase in difficulty over high school. For the first time I had to study and for someone who had never studied a thing in their life this was pretty difficult. I just went all in on studying and this worked out horribly. My first semester I had like a 2.0 GPA. Once I figured out how to balance my studies and my leisure time I did a lot better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Meh making friends isn't hard. I just moved 1000 miles to the middle of South Dakota for a job with a minimum of 2 year contract. The closest person I know is 1000 miles away. College is mostly fun times so enjoy that and don't be stupid, don't schedule classes before noon, or on Fridays.
    Eh, it's kind of hard for me. Almost everyone I know is people I became friends with in childhood and in early elementary school, haven't made so many friends after that. ._.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feeling down? The expensive route requires doctors and meds. The cheap route requires about 20 min or 2 free hours to pound one out.

*Jigsaw voice*

Meds or masterbate.

You decide.
    You cared enough to post.