Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    My Death Knight isn't my main so I'm probably less invested than most who will read this topic, but I really can't bring myself to agree.
    I mean, to me it's simple. Frostmourne is a runeblade covered in rime, which glows with blue mist, is festooned with icicles, and chills all it touches. Also it's literally called Frostmourne.
    I know what you mean, it's a pity that the isn't an unholy runeblade that uses shadow instead of frost, kinda like a Shadowmourne :P

I have disagreed with a lot of people crying for Frostmourne, because they simply got no other reason than "buhu it is iconic, paladins get Ashbringer!", thus not getting me on their side.

But after I read this post, very well written and a good read! I agree.. BUT I don't want Frostmourne on my UH DK. It just doesn't feel Unholy enough! If 2hand Frost was a choice, then I would love it as 2hFrost. Why they didn't make the it so you could melt the two one-handers into Frostmourne to solve that issue is beyond me. People should have a choice. But then again, it is easier to balance a spec when it isn't divided into two playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I answer to your loong post can say that its not possible
    No one wants frostmourune reborn this weapon is too evil and corrupt to get back in one piece and used by 1 million Lich Kings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I answer to your loong post can say that its not possible
    No one wants frostmourune reborn this weapon is too evil and corrupt to get back in one piece and used by 1 million Lich Kings
    1) Who's to say a new reforged weapon is evil and corrupting? They could add any lore excuse.
    2) In the Lore (for all the weapons) there isn't a million heroes running around with it. Only the player character.

I actually prefer not reforging frostmourne. Making two new weapons from its remains seems a much cooler option. No pun intended. UH getting its own weapon with its own lore and starting point is also much better than simply giving them frostmourne as well IMO. Not sure on the blood weapon yet, and with doomhammer going to enhancement I am seriously considering rerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I have disagreed with a lot of people crying for Frostmourne, because they simply got no other reason than "buhu it is iconic, paladins get Ashbringer!", thus not getting me on their side.

But after I read this post, very well written and a good read! I agree.. BUT I don't want Frostmourne on my UH DK. It just doesn't feel Unholy enough! If 2hand Frost was a choice, then I would love it as 2hFrost. Why they didn't make the it so you could melt the two one-handers into Frostmourne to solve that issue is beyond me. People should have a choice. But then again, it is easier to balance a spec when it isn't divided into two playstyles.
    Thank you.

I agree that players should have a choice and the 2h Frost situation is a perfect example of the dev's being utterly lazy when it comes to DKs. Instead of actually trying to balance it, they just kept bandaiding it and failing. So 6.2 and Legion is them throwing their hands up and calling it quits. Nerfed into oblivion in 6.2 so people won't play it and they'll get less backlash over it when its removed in Legion.

I don't know about you, but if DKs go into Legion anywhere near like what they are right now, I won't be playing one. I'll toss my Deathcharger aside and hop on the Demon Hunter hype train and bring a Ret Paladin along for the ride.
    Last edited by KevinLee487; 2015-08-28 at 05:51 PM.

Show me your motivation

Frotmourne for Frost 2H yes, they removing it so giving DW a version of it instead. Unholy wont and shouldn't get it, both Blood and Unholy will be able to use 2H. They know that if they give it to one they have to give it to the other and it goes against their design philosophy for artifacts in legion. All arguments made for giving Frostmourne to Unholy can also be applied to Blood.

Never going to happen, it makes sense for them to do what they did to Frost to force it into DW only just how they split Cat and Bear for druid. Now Frost will be balanced around DW only meaning it will be better off.

What I find the most amazing after reading this thread is OP's quick fall and degeneration from 'thoughtful poster' to 'raving person with fingers pushed into ears going la la la at everyone'. A beautiful slide into darkness.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    What I find the most amazing after reading this thread is OP's quick fall and degeneration from 'thoughtful poster' to 'raving person with fingers pushed into ears going la la la at everyone'. A beautiful slide into darkness.
    He goes from I WANT FROSTMOURNE NAOW!!!!!! to...yeah that could work too when people suggest other Artifacts for Unholy.

Deleted
    Wasn´t it Frostmourne that enslaved deathknights in the first time? Would be a bit counterproductive...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Frost"mourne

IMHO

Frost DK = Dual Wield Swords
    Blood DK = Two-Handed Axe
    Unholy DK = Two-Handed Scythe

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    "Frost"mourne

IMHO

Frost DK = Dual Wield Swords
    Blood DK = Two-Handed Axe
    Unholy DK = Two-Handed Scythe
    I can dig this

Just PLEASE ALL MIGHTY Ner'Zhul don't let them give Unholy a mace!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with others and say I don't want Frostmourne...I'd want something like the Heart-Lesion Runeblade...but in a Unholy flavor of colors...like black and green.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Just PLEASE ALL MIGHTY Ner'Zhul don't let them give Unholy a mace!
    I agree with this 110%!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinLee487 View Post
    Update : I'm not going to entertain the idiots/trolls anymore. If I see a legitimate counter, I'll give it a proper response. Other than that, you won't see a reply from me because chances are, I've already covered it, you've proven that you either lack the required intelligence for a proper response, you're ignoring the facts/supporting evidence, or your point is factually incorrect/unsupported.
    They can't give one spec Frostmourne with out giving it to the other because both Blood and Unholy use 2H. Holy and Prot pallys don't use 2H, so them making Ashbringer a 1H for Prot and Holy while making it a 2H for Ret makes no sense just because its THE pally wep just like Frostmorune is THE DK weapon.

They are not going to give 2 specs the same Artifact, and every point that says Unholy should get Frostmourne can also be said about Blood. Now if only 1 of the 3 DK specs could use a 2H then yes they should get Frostmourne, but thats not how the class is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°

Quote Originally Posted by KevinLee487 View Post
    Actually I've been playing since January 7th of 2008 with a break at the end of Cata up until the end of MoP and then quit during 6.1 out of boredom. I know the lore because Arthas is my favorite Warcraft character and Death Knights not getting Frostmourne is just another thing to pile onto the mountain of short changing that Death Knights have gotten since the launch of Wrath. So I decided to speak up about it and not be deterred by weak arguments and morons.
    We sort of come to the crux of why you want it SO badly with this statement right here. But the biggest issues I think people are having are not with your adamant stance on it, but your overall tone and attitude.

There isn't any reason whatsoever for being as abrasive ("So I decided to speak up about it and not be deterred by weak arguments"), and resorting to namecalling ("and morons"). Stuff like that right there is going to rob you of allies in this argument.

That said, I think one very strong argument for why you most likely are not going to get it is purely because it IS so iconic to the Lich King and Death Knights in general, that if you give it to one spec, and not the others, you are going to have a number of DKs feeling cheated simply because of their chosen spec. For that reason alone, Blizzard would most likely avoid using it. The reasons that Paladins can get away with Ashbringer is because it's only iconic to ONE spec of their class. It doesn't work at all for anything but Retribution. I am sure that many Holy & Protection Paladins are not happy they won't get it, but they know it wouldn't make sense and move on.

Honestly, the argument for Frost getting the shards, and it not being able to be used for another spec makes a lot of sense. Especially if, story wise, you collect the shards as Frost to make your two one-handers, and then were expected to do it again for Unholy. Notwithstanding, Blood is going to be left out and feel cheated.

For the record, since we are here on topic, Ner'zhul was not the reason it absorbed the wielder's soul and corrupted them. The rune blade was cursed by the Nathrezim. That's just what it did. If you attempt to reforge it, and you are able to get it without that curse (which I can using SOME of the shards and not being cursed, but not the whole weapon), it's just simply not Frostmourne any longer. At least in my opinion.

"Champion, to fight the Burning Legion, you must wield a weapon that augments the powers of a Frost Death Knight. Go forth and seek the shards of Frostmourne, so that from its broken remains I may forge two new blades." (You do so, and get Icebringer and Soulreaper.)

/Change spec

"Champion, um, you're going Unholy now? And you want a new weapon, huh? Well this is awkward . . . Any chance you left, like, a 2-handed weapon's worth of shards back in Icecrown? How big was Frostmourne again?"

Don't know why, but recently I've got a feeling that they will make unholy a ranged spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    Don't know why, but recently I've got a feeling that they will make unholy a ranged spec.
    While i would welcome this change, i think they wouldve mentioned a major overhaul like this along with survival and disc specc overhauls

'Unholy' spec is still a thing? mm'k.