Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I've never heard of the right to be a bigot.
    Then you dont know how it works in America. I am ABSOLUTELY free to hate you because you are a "fag" or "nigger", or becasue you have red on, I can even say things like Death to fags and niggers. You cant stop me, I have that RIGHT.

You of course have the right to call me a bigot and never interact with me.

DISCLAIMER I hold no ill will towards homosexuals or Black people, only used those words to make a point.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Well that's where the difference between a church and a privately owned wedding hosting venue comes in. You can't force a priest to ordain a gay wedding. But you can, and should prevent religious people owning businesses from discriminating against minorities.
    Here's where I start doubting it: the business doesn't own the church, they just rent it out for weddings. Would the church be able to step in and say "no" or is that also discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Here's where I start doubting it: the business doesn't own the church, they just rent it out for weddings. Would the church be able to step in and say "no" or is that also discrimination?
    Churches get to tell pretty much anyone they want to fuck off.

I don't think a business can own and rent out a church? Not sure though. The way I see it, gays that against better judgement want to get married IN church by people of a faith that openly discriminates against them, will have to search for a priest willing to do it. (yes I know there are liberal priests, even lesbian women, although GOD knows why).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Churches get to tell pretty much anyone they want to fuck off.
    So instead of openly fighting the gay couple, this business should have just said "whoops, the church won't let us do it sorry"?

Watching his response is tricking my brain.

It keeps telling me that this was filmed in 1950 and we had youtube back then.

What's she known for? Juno in 2007 and announcing she's a lesbian in 2014?

What a total loser. Goes up to a fair where normal and poor people can connect with politicians to hog time with her idiotic question. All about LGBT but fuck anyone else.

She got destroyed.

So instead of openly fighting the gay couple, this business should have just said "whoops, the church won't let us do it sorry"?
    Church has no influence on them, but sure if they could tell that lie convincingly this particular case would probably never have happened.

Horde

Blacks and gays are not equal, sorry. Anti-discrimination laws only affect someone's race, ethnicity, or religion, not their sexual orientation. On top of that, forcing Christians to violate their beliefs would be a form of discrimination, in and of itself. Of course, we never hear the left getting their panties in a bunch when Muslims kill gays simply for being gay, so apparently some forms of discrimination are tolerated, so long as perpetrators aren't white, heterosexual, Christian males.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    What's she known for? Juno in 2007 and announcing she's a lesbian in 2014?

What a total loser. Goes up to a fair where normal and poor people can connect with politicians to hog time with her idiotic question. All about LGBT but fuck anyone else.

She got destroyed.
    Actually, the guy destroyed himself.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't any church involved at all. They owned a building that USED to be a church.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Then you dont know how it works in America. I am ABSOLUTELY free to hate you because you are a "fag" or "nigger", or becasue you have red on, I can even say things like Death to fags and niggers. You cant stop me, I have that RIGHT.

You of course have the right to call me a bigot and never interact with me.

DISCLAIMER I hold no ill will towards homosexuals or Black people, only used those words to make a point.
    The issue being raised was a little more serious than being called names, though admittedly that's about as bad as it gets for "persecuted" Christians in the US. Meanwhile, Christians are fighting to stop Muslims from building mosques in their neighborhoods, because freedom of religion apparently only applies to one kind of religion. As Page pointed out, LGBT are not a protected class in many states, and can legally be fired for simply being LGBT.

If the worst Cruz has to complain about is people saying mean things to Christians and asking that their business actually be open to the public, even the public they don't like, then it's only incredibly hypocritical to dismiss Page's concerns because other people in the world have it worse, unless Cruz has an example of Christians being fired for being Christian or Christians being stopped from building a church.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Rendering the point moot, since business discrimination against minorities should be banned.
    Of course it should not. No one should force you to deliver service/sell something to people you don't like for some reason. If you don't want to sell things to black people in your shop, don't do it, people can always use social ostracism and brand you publicly as a racist. Far better solution than "hurr durr Cpt. State punish him!!!!11oneone".

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Blacks and gays are not equal, sorry. Anti-discrimination laws only affect someone's race, ethnicity
    You're trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Of course it should not. No one should force you to deliver service/sell something to people you don't like for some reason. If you don't want to sell things to black people in your shop, don't do it, people can always use social ostracism and brand you publicly as a racist. Far better solution than "hurr durr Cpt. State punish him!!!!11oneone".
    The sanity is strong in you. The free market and word of mouth can easily take care of discriminatory businesses. And, as such, there is no need to give more power to the state, which can only be used to oppress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    You're trying too hard.
    Would you rather I went all "politically correct"? Said "African Americans", instead? What about Negroes? The NAACP gets to use it...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    The sanity is strong in you. The free market and word of mouth can easily take care of discriminatory businesses.
    Except they didn't.

Facts and logic are natural repellents to SJWs. There is only feels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    you obviously didn't watch the video *or something stuck in your ear*

he also gave a great point, if gays are so worried about forcing Christians to hold gay weddings, why do they ignore the middle-east where they are beheaded by the government and are given billions of dollars.

you can't force people to LIKE YOU
    Why do we do anything to make life better at home when things are worse in a country across the ocean? That's the logic of a madman.

Also: "The right to swing my fist ends where my fellow man's nose begins." That is the fundamental precept of the bill of rights--your right to be a bigot ends where another's rights as a customer begin.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Except they didn't.
    Do tell, Comrade.

I was under the impression she is Canadian?

Could be wrong.