Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    How come everyone on the internet is atleast 6'10"?
    No idea. My dad was 6ft even and my mom was 5'2". You have to go back a long ways to my Cherokee ancestors or maybe some big fucker from Ireland that is an ancestor. Being half Cherokee and half Irish makes me an odd bird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Road View Post
    However, the grossly fat person we sit near [..]
    I find this to be enough clue that we might not be getting the entire story of what really happened.

Myself and my colleague have been hitting the gym a lot more recently. We've been discussing it a lot at work as well as our diet and nutrition. We find it motivating to bounce off one another. However, the grossly fat person we sit near has complained to our manager. Apparently, it's not polite to talk about such things in the presence of morbidly obese people. It makes her feel upset and "worthless".

None of our conversations have been directed to her. We merely enjoy talking about our diets and our workouts as we're both passionate about it.

We both got called aside by our manager (individually) and were told to "cut it out".

Where do we draw the line here? Do we now have to think what we say, to not offend the grossly overweight?
    It really annoyed me to be honest. Especially when you see them chug a litre of Coke and stuff down a pack of 5 Sainsbury's cookies at lunch time.

Thoughts and opinions?
    personally i would of shouted, MAN THE HARPOONS, and found another gym lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come everyone on the internet is atleast 6'10"?
    My old man was 6'11. It's more inconvenient than anything really...but I mostly see more people on the internet saying they are short rather than tall.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    from what I gathered ...people are a full foot taller and 100 pounds of muscle bigger than me from my time on the internet.

Myself and my colleague have been hitting the gym a lot more recently. We've been discussing it a lot at work as well as our diet and nutrition. We find it motivating to bounce off one another. However, the grossly fat person we sit near has complained to our manager. Apparently, it's not polite to talk about such things in the presence of morbidly obese people. It makes her feel upset and "worthless".

None of our conversations have been directed to her. We merely enjoy talking about our diets and our workouts as we're both passionate about it.

We both got called aside by our manager (individually) and were told to "cut it out".

Where do we draw the line here? Do we now have to think what we say, to not offend the grossly overweight?
    It really annoyed me to be honest. Especially when you see them chug a litre of Coke and stuff down a pack of 5 Sainsbury's cookies at lunch time.

Thoughts and opinions?
    As a fatty, I don't care if people talk about being healthy or their workout/dieting habits around me. It doesn't bother me at all; hell I might actually learn something useful from them that I can use trying to lose weight. However I feel like half the story is being left out; I can see various situations where you either intentionally were talking loudly so she'd hear you and take it as a silent "work out, fatty" sort of jab, or hell maybe she's tried to lose weight and just hasn't found what works for her and you caught her at a bad moment. I wouldn't lump her in with every other fat person.

I'll take your word for it that it was an innocent conversation with a friend, but a lot of posters here seem to be malicious little shits who cum at the thought of being wretched to other people "for the lolz", hence the healthy dose of skepticism.

from what I gathered ...people are a full foot taller and 100 pounds of muscle bigger than me from my time on the internet.
    they are also MMA fighters and have 10 inch penises, always trust the internet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The manager's job is to oversee the entire department and make sure everybody is okay in the workplace, not just you and your mate.
    Well, I'm not OK, being told to shut up, because someone is irrationally offended by some of my conversations. A conversation I was having with a colleague and had not one single iota to do with the person 'aggrieved'

Where can you draw the line? People can be offended by everything these days. Should we all just keep our mouths closed in risk of offending someone?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a good mix of fat and muscle because I work out, used to be fat as shit. I got one of those rock hard beer guys that would break a brick if you threw it at me lmao

Apparently im the only one who thinks this....
    but if you are really worried about someones health, eating addiction is a disease and should be treated like one,
    you wouldnt call someone with aids names and bullly them in the name of their health... why dont you try to encourage them to see a psychologist
    and some medications and therapy can reduce their addiction, or i guess calling someone a dirty slob and other names somehow helps them take the necessary steps, but i've never seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I'm a good mix of fat and muscle because I work out, used to be fat as shit. I got one of those rock hard beer guys that would break a brick if you threw it at me lmao
    i just lol'd heh

7+ Year Old Account
    There are always 2 sides to every story, i'm guessing there is something else we're not seeing here? :P At some point did you say you hate lazy fat people who just keeps getting fatter and fatter, without thinking?:P Maybe she reacted to something like that and not the fact that you were talking about exercising. I mean to me, I think everyone should exercise and eat healthily.....but yea she prob reacted to something else you might have said

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Unfortunately many workplaces do consider, "Stuff you said to someone else that a third party heard and was offended by" as falling under "harassment".

So I guess it depends on your workplace!
    Or he is not telling the whole story and he and his friend were making snarky remarks and jokes about their fat coworker. He seems to despise fat people so it seems not unlikely.
    You always get told only half the story on the internet.

Al Bundy style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not OK, being told to shut up, because someone is irrationally offended by some of my conversations. A conversation I was having with a colleague and had not one single iota to do with the person 'aggrieved'

Where can you draw the line? People can be offended by everything these days. Should we all just keep our mouths closed in risk of offending someone?
    You draw the line wherever the manager says to draw the line, that's how most offices work.

Does not being able to talk about the gym and your diet negatively affect your work? Of course it doesn't, just talk about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Or he is not telling the whole story and he and his friend were making snarky remarks and jokes about their fat coworker. He seems to despise fat people so it seems not unlikely.
    You always get told only half the story on the internet.
    You make that assumption.

You're just going to have to believe, I'm telling the whole story. It's a weird one, that's why I raised it on this forum.
    If people aren't going to believe me, then a mod might as well close it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You draw the line wherever the manager says to draw the line, that's how most offices work.

Does not being able to talk about the gym and your diet negatively affect your work? Of course it doesn't, just talk about something else.
    I get what you're saying. I haven't condemned the manager. I'm questioning the person in my OP. I just don't understand their point of view.

Ok, now get the fatty in here to tell the other side of the story, and we can get to the bottom of this. Otherwise... I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Ok, now get the fatty in here to tell the other side of the story, and we can get to the bottom of this. Otherwise... I don't believe you.
    The thread has to expand a few more pages before they can fit eheheheh