Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Wiki articles have reference sources....... THOSE are the things you need to read, and well maintained wiki pages are a blessing for that matter.
    They're unbeatable.
    Especially when you need a lot of different reference points, Wiki is just the way to go.
    Except articles on corporations and politics, those get edited and censored by "anonymous editors" to favor certain agenda. Corporations erase information about lawsuits and scandals against them, politicians "clean up" their bios.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki-Watch
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia
    Note how I cynically link Wikipedia, which is allegedly banned in my country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Except articles on corporations and politics, those get edited and censored by "anonymous editors" to favor certain agenda. Corporations erase information about lawsuits and scandals against them, politicians "clean up" their bios.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki-Watch
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia
    Note how I cynically link Wikipedia, which is allegedly banned in my country.
    The quality of research relies A LOT on the quality of the researcher..

Taking Wiki always literal (which many do) is a sign for a bad researcher.
    Using it as a stepping stone, or like an intersection to explore the many routes leading away from it, is a sign for a good researcher..
    All in all... considering Wiki crap is outright idiotic. As well as considering it the one all be all truth.

btw. While I'm skeptical about the reports truth content.. posting links isn't necessarily proof that you can access them yourself
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    What a cheap attempt at photoshopping. Part of the table is clearly duplicated on the right side, and the reflection of Worf's hand is clearly a white hand lol.
    Also the texture of his shirt is exactly the same as Riker's.

7+ Year Old Account
    In Fact the Russian Goverment has made its own website called Putinpedia with the real truths that the false Pedia wont give you.

in all seriousness I doubt this is true.

15+ Year Old Account

really? :P

But yeah, we heard such news. It's because of 1 topic "how to make drugs" or something like it.

But it works now well
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    really? :P

But yeah, we heard such news. It's because of 1 topic "how to make drugs" or something like it.

But it works now well
    Marine mammal observer? Now I see why Ghostcrawler became a MMO dev. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What a cheap attempt at photoshopping.
    That's the first thing I noticed as well! Also look at the shadows. Still funny though,

Why does Putin get blamed for everything. He probably couldn't care one iota whether Wiki was banned or not. The "vertical of power" doesn't apply to every aspect of government oversight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Why does Putin get blamed for everything. He probably couldn't care one iota whether Wiki was banned or not. The "vertical of power" doesn't apply to every aspect of government oversight.
    OOO yes he care a loot, a populer source of information who is not under his influence

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What a cheap attempt at photoshopping. Part of the table is clearly duplicated on the right side, and the reflection of Worf's hand is clearly a white hand lol.
    Also the texture of his shirt is exactly the same as Riker's.
    We should welcome it: including Worf is necessary to increase diversity through tokenism. It's revisiting meme culture to correct its privileged past. /funpoking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    posting links isn't necessarily proof that you can access them yourself
    Now you prove you're not a camel. This is really tiring. Eurozombies thinking they're elves and Russians live in Mordor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Russophobe #1: Russia bans Reddit/Wikipedia/random-internet-resource-X!!!1oneone
    Russophobes #2-99: OMG! Facists! Putin eeeevill!
    Russians: Uh, the sites are working just fine again.

Always such fun seeing the russophobes immediately hop the "badmouth russia" bandwagon and embarrass themselves, unable to wait for a few moments for the actual facts to arrive.
    Somebody from Finland defending Russia, now i've seen everything.

- - - Updated - - -

This is really tiring. Eurozombies thinking they're elves and Russians live in Mordor.
    Haha what...

Now you prove you're not a camel. This is really tiring. Eurozombies thinking they're elves and Russians live in Mordor.
    Scandinavians might be elves. Tall, blond, raging superiority complex and narcissism, but in the end mostly decent folk.

Tho I do agree. Russia IS Mordor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Scandinavians might be elves. Tall, blond, raging superiority complex and narcissism, but in the end mostly decent folk.

I vote for the Dutch taking the place of Goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again breaking news which have nothing with reality. /sigh
    When I want to watch some fairy tales I can always watch Euronews.

FYI, China has no access to Wikipedia (Chinese language). Besides that, China has no access to Google, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, DeviantArt, and many other websites. And China has been lowering the bandwidth of Internet to any websites overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by otarma View Post
    FYI, China has no access to Wikipedia (Chinese language). Besides that, China has no access to Google, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, DeviantArt, and many other websites. And China has been lowering the bandwidth of Internet to any websites overseas.
    Well...that's not exactly an example to follow is it now?

Deleted
    Well...that's not exactly an example to follow is it now?
    I wouldn't mind Failbook and similar shit getting blocked in the West, that filthy site ruins an entire generation of humanity.

Trolls don't live in mordor afaik, do they?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Trolls don't live in mordor afaik, do they?
    Some do actually. Trolls were created by Morgoth, a Vala, Sauron was one of his lieutenants. Trolls joined Sauron after the end of the first age, as he was his strongest surviving servant (in Mordor and basically anywhere they lived, there are tons of different trolls in Tolkien's universe).

(very on topic, but I don't think there's anything more to discuss here)
    Oh, hi.