Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mount not drop...how you encourage...

...yourself to do that again after so many many tries failed?I know this is all rng, but you know that feeling after xxx kills mount still not drop.I know if you will try try and try one day mount will PROLLY drop, but how you overcome that feeling when you see mount still not drop?

thx in advance and cheers...xD!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped farming mounts because I got tired after years of trying. I occasionally run the raids again when I'm queued for something that leaves me to wait, like Ashran.

I know it probably won't help, but I try and not to focus on the mount drop when I am killing the boss. I usually just do something else on the side and redirect my focus to something else, like listening to an audiobook or something. If you expect the mount to not drop, it'll be more of a surprise when it does. Poor answer, but it has helped me to keep going at least. Took me 2-3 years to get Mimiron's head (running with several alts) and I'm still trying for the Al'ar mount... I guess discipline and patience is the way to go.. Also I haven't been consistent with my mount farming, since breaks and all that and sometimes you need a break from the endless grind each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to farm certain mounts, I found that after taking a break, i came back to try again and my raven lord dropped haha. Still trying for others when I can, dont get too fixated on the no drops and keep up beat. If it helps, try gain an achievement or rare pet that isnt as rng so that you still get some accomplishment

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go into any run with any expectation. Realise up front that it doesn't matter how many times you have run it already, it still has an equally low drop chance.

So, if a raid mount has a 2% drop rate, expect that you are still a year away, and realise that, on average, you will always be a year away. Jim Collins called this the Stockdale paradox, and basically it outlines how, once we accept the reality of our situation, we can deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly they way i farm mounts is either in very late hours when i suffer from insomnia, or while waiting for something. As for motivation it always goes in the circle.
    - Get mount
    - Get hyped
    - Don't get anything for month or two
    - Lose hype
    - Get another mount
    - Repeat.
    Its just like that. Chance is always the same.

Deleted
    Stopped farming them. There are too many of them. Last time I farmed them I got 250, which was at the end of MoP.

In old times when there were only 2-3 rare mounts per expansion, it made sense to try to farm them. Now that there are dozens of them I just don't have a will to farm anything.

Things like rare mounts are good in moderation. Blizzard went overboard with mounts and most of them are lazy reskins of each other.

Deleted
    I always farm raid/dungeon mounts up to a certain level (only need 1/3 of DS mounts, then i'm done with cata). I try to use as many alts as possible for this (10 crap geared lvl 100 alts atm, able to do DS hc). On my main I just do what is easy, mop world bosses and horridon/elegon. While clearing DS 11x weekly, I watch football or listen to some interesting topic on youtube Once next exp hits, I can lvl those alts too and start farming MoP raid mounts.

I've farmed the Raven Lord over 400 times before it dropped and never lost hope Just keep going and it will drop!
    Last edited by mmoce1324ec95c; 2015-08-27 at 03:27 PM.

I've been farming Reins of the Azure Drake ever since Wrath, and still not seen it. That or the Reins of the Amber Direhorn. I've killed so many Zandalari Warbringers Rastakhan himself would weep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...yourself to do that again after so many many tries failed?I know this is all rng, but you know that feeling after xxx kills mount still not drop.I know if you will try try and try one day mount will PROLLY drop, but how you overcome that feeling when you see mount still not drop?

I got Ashes of A'lar to drop last week after 8 years of farming it.

Deal with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you can fail a 99% mission, that also means you can succeed with a 1% drop. And I have found many low drop mounts, so I have faith

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account

I've been farming mounts for years now, I have gotten every single mount I have ever farmed. If the mount you're seeking doesn't drop, just say "oh well, next time." Make farming for your mounts a casual everyday part of your day, make it like you're used to doing it, and eventually when it drops, you'll be so satisfied.

For example, I farmed the Fiery Warhorse mount for 6 years and finally got it on Christmas Eve 2013. You'll get the mount, just get dedicated!

Deleted
    just don't give up

It took me over 300 attempts to finally get Invincible

and every one of them was worth it
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-08-27 at 05:48 PM.

raven lord mount, some crystal dragon, and black panther dropped in 1 month of trying.

it's because of gamer karma.

Just don't expect the drop and make it a routine.
    After a few years this will happen:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 250 Mounts, but some are still in posession of evil bosses. I go farm them, when I have time to do so and simply nothing better to do. I haven't even started with Ulduar and Deathwing. There is still Invincible, the 2 from Zul'Gurub and two from Firelands and one from Raid-Instance in Uldum and some drake in Deepholm. Ah yes, and the one from Elegon.
    If there's a week or two, when I can't go, whatever reasons, its okay for me. But I'm sure, if I keep going sometimes, there is a chance to get one of them.

Like a few weeks back, when I was fishing in my garrison and got this Riding Turtle and I didn't even know, there was one. I just had found out about these Lunarfall cavedwellers who drop the coins for Nat Pagle, so that was a nice surprise.

Sometimes I see other people with the mounts I don't have. That almost allways gets me back to trying, if I lack ambition.
    Last edited by McCrazy; 2015-08-27 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Don't go into any run with any expectation.
    Pretty much this.

Just put some music on or a movie (if you've got double monitors or a tv nearby) and just go about your business.

If it drops, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If not, you know it will drop eventually and that it's just a matter of time. If you continue to run it, it will eventually drop for you.

Deleted
    I actually had like the worst luck in the world in terms of mounts before WOD:

- Camped Aeonaxx during 56 days almost non-stop during my hollidays, saw other people mounting it and fighting the whelps 4 or 5 times during those 56 days but he just wouldn't spawn where I camped. I changed location and the next day he spawned in my old location and someone who was there for like 4 or 5 days got it. Only after a friend decided to help me did I get the mount, with the mob spawning where my friend was;

- Saw mounts such as the old ZG mounts drop, Onyxia one, Archavon one, Baron's mount back in those days and never won the roll;

- Took me over 400 kills each to get both the new ZG mounts;

- Camped my server's BMAH during MOP every single day and Invincible didn't appear once;

- I have over 500 Attuman's kills and haven't looted the mount yet;

- Tons of my other mounts all took over 150 kills to get.

Then suddenly WOD arrives and I get Invincible, Mimiron's Head and Drake of the South Wind in the same week with barely 32 kills each...Then Elegon drops his mount after 18 kills too...Unfortunately the Sha of Anger's mount hasn't appeared in my server's BMAH yet even though I have camped it since day 1 of the expansion and that is the mount I wanted the most.

Anyway, I think RNG eventually balances itself, which means if you are having bad luck now you will have good luck in the future so maybe you can try to find some confort there.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-08-27 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    I just do the stuff weekly as some sort of ritual, without really expecting a mount. Haven't had a single rare mount drop since the beginning of WoD, and I did most of the stuff only with one char / week on average. Though it really depresses knowing several people who run the instances about once every two months and having most of the rare mounts because of dropluck.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    Anyway, I think RNG eventually balances itself, which means if you are having bad luck now you will have good luck in the future so maybe you can try to find some confort there.
    That's (sadly, in this case) not how statistics work. You can increase the chances for the mounts by farming them more often. But only because you haven't gotten them yet in many kills, doesn't mean your chance to get it in the next are increased.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-08-27 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    That's (sadly, in this case) not how statistics work. You can increase the chances for the mounts by farming them more often. But only because you haven't gotten them yet in many kills, doesn't mean your chance to get it in the next are increased.
    That's not what I meant. You could kill the Lich King 1000 times and that wouldn't make your chance of getting the mount any higher the next time. I understand that fine (major in Finance). What I meant was that sometimes you have bad RNG on certain mounts and it will seem like everyone in the server has that mount but you (with your 400 kills) while on other mounts you will get pretty lucky balancing your luck. Good luck on certain mounts, bad luck on others. I have yet to meet someone that has had insane bad luck on EVERY mount or insane good luck on EVERY mount.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-08-28 at 03:06 AM.