Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    With a side of leek and potato soup?
    sure... I enjoy a good tater soup.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    sure... I enjoy a good tater soup.
    I've been doing some pop up restaurants. I'm thinking I might show up with a food truck with plates related to each candidate's background when they come here.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Canada is like a loft above a great party and they're always telling us to turn it down."~Robin Williams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    "Canada is like a loft above a great party and they're always telling us to turn it down."~Robin Williams
    More like the loft above a gang shootout.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    More like the loft above a gang shootout.
    At least we haven't moved on to beheading.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Cruz was born in Canada. He emmigrated to the US. He's less of a US citizen than Obama is.
    Wait, what? I thought only born in the USA could go for President... I have to emmigrate to the US. With the amount of idiocy among your candidates, I can't but win that gig.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Wait, what? I thought only born in the USA could go for President... I have to emmigrate to the US. With the amount of idiocy among your candidates, I can't but win that gig.
    No, you have to be born a citizen. Usually that's by being born in the USA, but if a parent is a citizen, that works also.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Again, again, again, the Constitution says Natural Born Citizen. He was a US citizen at birth, despite being born in Canada. I don't like him or his politics, but his place of birth is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Again, again, again, the Constitution says Natural Born Citizen. He was a US citizen at birth, despite being born in Canada. I don't like him or his politics, but his place of birth is not an issue.
    When you go "again, again, again" you make it sound like I say this stuff all the time...

I never understood that crap about Obama's birth certificate, so don't hate on me for not understanding, explain! :P

Also, I thought the place of birth was the deciding factor... that's why we have these stories about people with dual citizenship, because they happen to pop out on a plane flown by United Airlines and such.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've an adequate retort. Especially 1:44 onward.

Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-09-04 at 08:33 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

When you go "again, again, again" you make it sound like I say this stuff all the time...

I never understood that crap about Obama's birth certificate, so don't hate on me for not understanding, explain! :P

Also, I thought the place of birth was the deciding factor... that's why we have these stories about people with dual citizenship, because they happen to pop out on a plane flown by United Airlines and such.
    I wasn't hating on you. It's pretty clear that if law has you as a citizen at the moment you're born, you're "Natural Born." Just as another example, John McCain was born in Panama. It was never an issue in that election cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

So I forgave him a bit for that, but yea - Mulclair isn't even willing to compromise like that - and I agree with his sentiment there. Abolishing the senate is a fantastic idea, that alone is another good reason to vote NDP.
    Im really intrested to see how the votes will split, especially in Quebec. I wonder if the Bloc will see record low numbers, or average. Im wondering if Green will get any seats at all.

Im worried about the vote being some kind of 3 way tie. I know people are already talking about strategic voting, this election feels like its going to be messy.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2015-09-04 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Im really intrested to see how the votes will split, especially in Quebec. I wonder if the Bloc will see record low numbers, or average. Im wondering if Green will get any seats at all.

Im worried about the vote being some kind of 3 way tie. I know people are already talking about strategic voting, this election feels like its going to be messy.
    Living in Quebec, there's a certain apathy in the air as far as I can tell. The Trudeau name here is a liability to the Liberals to an extent, so I think Quebec is going to look pretty similar to the last election. A lot of orange. The BQ have lost way too much relevance even here in Quebec. The return of Duceppe only ignited the tiniest spark, which quickly fizzled. He never had the emotional connection that other prominent sovereignists had.

I think we're almost certainly headed towards a minority government. Whether it will be an NDP led one or a Conservative led one remains to be seen. The weird thing about that is that the Liberals are assured some relevant power this time, which makes things interesting. Even if it isn't an official coalition, I think that an NDP led government backed by the Liberals could get quite a bit done.

Just sent us your young Elisha Cuthberts and we won't invade you.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Canada, also known as "America Jr."
    North Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Let's let Americans handle their election. We have out own coming up, and we need to make sure we manage to get Harper out of office.
    Be careful, you could get Pauline Maroix! She could be let out of Quebec!

Aaaaahhhhhhhh!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    We also elected Obama twice.

We deserve every bit of shade Canada throws at us.
    Yeah, imagine where we'd be if McCain (and Palin) or Romney (and Paul) got elected...

(that's sarcasm by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm confused why Canada cares so much who we elect. It's not like they're a protectorate or anything.
    I want the Republicans to win (esp Trump) because they'll tank the US economy again. This will cause the US dollar to decline against the Canadian dollar and then I can import comics easier. I do not care for this $0.75 exchange rate bullshit.

Also watching conservatives trip over themselves is funny.

Although I'll settle for a PM whose economic plan extends beyond selling oil to the US and China.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm confused why Canada cares so much who we elect. It's not like they're a protectorate or anything.
    Economic policy among other things most obviously make it pretty important, especially considering how much we trade.