Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Gun control would help identify retards and prevent them from owning guns. Then again I am coming from a Canadian point of view.

Fanatical gay-hating christian conservatives, ready-&-willing to die and kill "Muslim terrorists" may not actually constitute as "retarded" in your country.
    You do realize that at 16 he can't legally own that sidearm yeah?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Fixed

Fanatical gay-hating christian conservatives, ready-&-willing to die and kill "Muslim terrorists" who also let their 16 year olds play with guns. may not actually constitute as "retarded" in your country.

Sorry. Retardation is still retardation.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gun control would help identify retards and prevent them from owning guns. Then again I am coming from a Canadian point of view.

Fanatical gay-hating christian conservatives, ready-&-willing to die and kill "Muslim terrorists" may not actually constitute as "retarded" in your country.
    So you are here to basically use this as a opportunity to bash America? I do not knock Canada. It is their business what they do as long as it is not something which can harm us in the US. They have some good things which I admire about their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    So you are here to basically use this as a opportunity to bash America? I do not knock Canada. It is their business what they do as long as it is not something which can harm us in the US. They have some good things which I admire about their country.
    Not bashing... just pointing out that your country, with all it's recent racism, gay hating, and foreigner fearing ways... consider me pointing out your country's.... growing pains.

Not bashing.... just pointing things out that I think need to be addressed if you ever want to move into the modern age.

And the fact that it was a "sidearm" is also frightening. If it was a hunting rifle, I could understand, accidents happen.

But a side... arm.... as in he shot himself twice with a weapon that was made for the soul purpose of killing other human beings... not game... human beings...

This alone should highlight the need for gun control. Why on earth you need to own a pistol is beyond me.

But then again... I live in Canada... we don't carry side arms and are generally aren't afraid of our neighbors.... so...

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think he'd learn to not point the gun at himself after the first time...

I mean it is a perplexing problem now that I really think about it.

Perhaps I misspoke... I take it back.

Judging by what your country has been going through and has been going through, maybe you are right. Maybe more gun control isn't the answer at all if only for the soul purpose of protecting yourself from other fellow Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What would more gun regulations have done in this situation?
    Unless by "more regulations" you meant an all out gun ban then no it wouldn't have done anything in this situation.
    He was 16 and didn't own a pistol, try again.
    More regulations would have prevented the person who actually owned the gun from possessing it in the first place, so less accidents like this would happen.

It's because your regulations are lax, and every irresponsible citizen gets to own a gun without requiring any sort of training or proper storage.

Try harder at your pro-murder stance, please.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is bashing, the US deserves every bit of it. It is statistically proven that the US is currently the most behind on first world issues like gun control and gun related incidents.

But sure, keep up your frog-in-the-well mentality.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    More regulations would have prevented the person who actually owned the gun from possessing it in the first place, so less accidents like this would happen.

It's because your regulations are lax, and every irresponsible citizen gets to own a gun without requiring any sort of training or proper storage.

How would more regulations have prevented this?

- - - Updated - - -

If there is bashing, the US deserves every bit of it. It is statistically proven that the US is currently the most behind on first world issues like gun control and gun related incidents.

I actually disagree. America is a very dangerous place at the moment and I believe more citizens should be armed. Fellow Americans shooting other fellow Americans is obviously a problem down there, so until the that problem is fixed, I think the only way for people to defend themselves is to be armed. I mean the kid shot himself twice, but i'm sure he was aiming for a terrorist...

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I stated exactly how. But since you are incapable of reading for whatever reason - if there were regulations requiring training(such as how to use a gun and to store it properly away from unauthorized users), it would have prevented this.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually disagree. America is a very dangerous place at the moment and I believe more citizens should be armed. Fellow Americans shooting other fellow Americans is obviously a problem down there, so until the that problem is fixed, I think the only way for people to defend themselves is to be armed.
    True, it's essentially America's favorite solution: to solve a problem by exacerbating it manifold.

What better to fight fire with fire? /s
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Man walks into the gun shop and says he'd like to purchase a gun to defend against gahd-damned commies and gay-muslims. The gun-salesman thinks is pretty legit.

Result: A GUN IS SOLD TO A CRAZY PERSON

That is how regulations are failing your country at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bashing... just pointing out that your country, with all it's recent racism, gay hating, and foreigner fearing ways... consider me pointing out your country's.... growing pains.

Not bashing.... just pointing things out that I think need to be addressed if you ever want to move into the modern age.

And the fact that it was a "sidearm" is also frightening. If it was a hunting rifle, I could understand, accidents happen.

But a side... arm.... as in he shot himself twice with a weapon that was made for the soul purpose of killing other human beings... not game... human beings...

This alone should highlight the need for gun control. Why on earth you need to own a pistol is beyond me.

But then again... I live in Canada... we don't carry side arms and are generally aren't afraid of our neighbors.... so...
    You are bashing. You not only point out our gun rights as something stupid, but then go into a preaching mode about all of our other social ills. We have freedoms which we respect. One is freedom of religion , along with the freedom to own a firearm for self protection. Freedom to be gay or against it. We may not be interested in joining the New World Order. And it is usually the US helping other countries. Not the other way around. I am happy here and really it does not matter if those outside of here feel the same about us. :P

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And I disagree with your statements because here I have the right to self defense because of the 2nd Amendment. And how you feel about it matters little if you are outside the US. If you live here and are a US citizen, we have ways to change things. Lawfully. And I respect your right to work on those changes, but also respect those who disagree.

You are bashing. You not only point out our gun rights as something stupid, but then go into a preaching mode about all of our other social ills. We have freedoms which we respect. One is freedom of religion , along with the freedom to own a firearm for self protection. Freedom to be gay or against it. We may not be interested in joining the New World Order. And it is usually the US helping other countries. Not the other way around. I am happy here and really it does not matter if those outside of here feel the same about us. :P
    If pointing out the truth and hurting the feelings of brainwashed "patriots" like you is "bashing", then so be it.

Also, how many major world incidents such as the ISIS are caused directly by the US? If that is "helping", I think the world will be better off without it.

In short, do check that ego of yours.

Except Americans act as if they are special because they value basic human rights... and even then they kind of fail at it. You toss in the fact that almost every day in America there is a Mass Shooting... compared to the rest of the world, and you arrive at two conclusions, neither of which bodes well for your arguments.

1. Americans are either so bloodthirsty or so irresponsible that a single day can't go by without a mass shooting occurring in your country.

2. Americans feel that they need to defend themselves against other Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Americans act as if they are special because they value basic human rights... and even then they kind of fail at it. You toss in the fact that almost every day in America there is a Mass Shooting... compared to the rest of the world, and you arrive at two conclusions, neither of which bodes well for your arguments.

1. Americans are either so bloodthirsty or so irresponsible that a single day can't go by without a mass shooting occurring in your country.

2. Americans feel that they need to defend themselves against other Americans.
    We are special.

I stated exactly how. But since you are incapable of reading for whatever reason - if there were regulations requiring training(such as how to use a gun and to store it properly away from unauthorized users), it would have prevented this.
    Look, you dont have to get snippy. I read what you wrote, but you are not clear on how regulations requiring training and storage would have prevented this. Making feel good regulations dont work if the people dont follow them at home. It would just be another regulation that gets ignored. We have laws that say you must use a turn signal to change lanes or make turns. Take a drive around town and see how well that is followed. We have laws against texting and driving yet people (especially teens ) still do it. So you think making a regulation will make people store guns properly? This shouldnt need to be a regulation, you would think responsible smart parents would take the proper precautions. BUT Stupid is as stupid does. You cant regulate stupidity.

Man walks into the gun shop and says he'd like to purchase a gun to defend against gahd-damned commies and gay-muslims. The gun-salesman thinks is pretty legit.

Result: A GUN IS SOLD TO A CRAZY PERSON

That is how regulations are failing your country at the moment.
    Uh..I dont know what that has to do with what I said but try this on for size. People will do and act appropriately in order to get what they need. So if they know people wont sell them a gun for defense against "gahd-damned commies and gay-muslims" they will use a different excuse.

And I disagree with your statements because here I have the right to self defense because of the 2nd Amendment. And how you feel about it matters little if you are outside the US. If you live here and are a US citizen, we have ways to change things. Lawfully. And I respect your right to work on those changes, but also respect those who disagree.
    Or so you are brainwashed into thinking by pro-murder hardliners.

Hint: Guns do not effectively protect yourself from other guns.

The 2nd Amendment is outdated and was only relevant during a period of time where America was less civilized and more dangerous due to civil and external strife. Now in peacetime? Because of the very tools you pick up to defend yourselves, you are merely inciting more fatal conflicts than without.

The rest of the progressed and civilized world looks upon USA as the bastion of the regression of humanity while you think that guns do more good than harm and continue to bear arms to "defend oneself" against fellow civilians.

We are special.
    You WERE special...

Now you are going through growing pains. And it's adorable it really is. I mean here we are where once Germany was hate-mongering force to be reckoned with and now... Now they are one of the most progressive countries on the planet to the extent that it sometimes becomes annoying.

And America?

Well they still seem to be wrestling with the acceptance of homosexuals and different toned skinned people.

But like I say... it's adorable to watch, just as long as you tear yourselves apart down there, and keep it outside of our boarders.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2015-09-15 at 01:21 PM.

How in the fuck are this idiots parents not in jail yet or why since he is still a minor hasn't child welfare removed this kid out yet?
    There is simply no and I repeat no valid reason a civilian should own a weapon unless he/she is a hunter or needs it to protect their livestock from predators (which I know is a real issue for some farmers in the US) and those weapons would be hunting rifles only and even these should be heavily regulated (actual proof of being a hunter or owning a farm).
    Side arms should just be for cops and military and even then I say the system in the UK were most cops don't carry at all is better.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Uh..I dont know what that has to do with what I said but try this on for size. People will do and act appropriately in order to get what they need. So if they know people wont sell them a gun for defense against "gahd-damned commies and gay-muslims" they will use a different excuse.
    Hint: It's easier to kill and assault people with guns than pointy sticks and knifes.

But I suppose that the blindly loyal "patriots" are indoctrinated that all methods of murder are equally efficient to help propel the obviously flawed narrative that guns are good without sufficiently strict regulations.