Page 1 of 2
LastLast

stupid bank robbers

So lesson learned, if you're going to rob a bank, don't post pictures of yourself on facebook with wads of cash afterwards.. That's what these bank robbers did and that's how they got caught.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne...-bank-r/nnpdH/

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who robs a bank is by definition stupid since the risk to reward ratio is very skewed. Better off robing a Wallmart or something that deals in a lot of cash business.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing his picture, I'm not surprised at all. I'm positive that this story is just a drop in the massive well of stupidity that is this person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Anyone who robs a bank is by definition stupid since the risk to reward ratio is very skewed. Better off robing a Wallmart or something that deals in a lot of cash business.
    Since they succeeded in robbing the bank, though, does that mean they transcended stupidity and become something even worse after posting pictures on Facebook?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Since they succeeded in robbing the bank, though, does that mean they transcended stupidity and become something even worse after posting pictures on Facebook?
    Banks have little to no cash... they probably only stole a few thousand dollars. Thus, stupid.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair - they had a glimpse of his face in the security footage. It was only a matter of time before his already public pictures prior to this would have led them to him.

Hell he did a piss poor job at concealing his face in the first place so even if his idiotic selfies didn't nail him, his shitty job at concealing his face would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    To be fair - they had a glimpse of his face in the security footage. It was only a matter of time before his already public pictures prior to this would have led them to him.
    they didn't have pics of his gf though

if they weren't utter morons they'd have hidden the cash away, the gf could have spent some of it and once he's free again they could have spent it together, not excessively to not draw unwanted attention of course..

and eventually the statute of limitations would have allowed them to spend it freely

but nooo let's make selfies
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-09-28 at 06:33 PM.

They could have tried something more elaborate. Like run straight to the police station, and ask them for protection claiming someone is after their money.

Did they really succeed though if they ended up getting arrested?

Well that's certainly rather stupid, but at least they didn't call the bank beforehand "I'm going to rob you prepare the money for us" : http://www.smh.com.au/world/not-too-...0325-r0jn.html

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, it doesn't take much to succeed. They handed the teller a note saying that they were armed and to give them all the money quietly. Pretty much every bank has a policy of complying with demands like these because they have cameras everywhere and catching the person after the fact is much safer for employees and patrons.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Morgan is a convicted felon who was recently released from prison after serving about five years for robbing a bank."

You don't say........I'm sure it's the prison's fault for not properly rehabilitating him. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    From what I understand, it doesn't take much to succeed. They handed the teller a note saying that they were armed and to give them all the money quietly. Pretty much every bank has a policy of complying with demands like these because they have cameras everywhere and catching the person after the fact is much safer for employees and patrons.
    That makes sense. I would not want to get killed trying to protect some thousands of banks money. I'm sure no one else would like it either. And who knows, refusing might not only get you shot, but alot of others who happen to be nearby, never know.

On the other side of the criminal spectrum a couple of thieves did this in my state http://q13fox.com/2015/09/14/sheriff...ing-steal-atm/

sounded like something out of GTA 5.

Execute them.

Both for the crimes of bank robbery and excessive stupidity.

Joking aside, seriously ...execute them.

These things will never be of benefit to society.

They'll be out of jail and on welfare/meth and the next time they commit a crime this brazen they'll likely kill somebody.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Execute them.

Both for the crimes of bank robbery and excessive stupidity.

Joking aside, seriously ...execute them.

These things will never be of benefit to society.

They'll be out of jail and on welfare/meth and the next time they commit a crime this brazen they'll likely kill somebody.
    Exactly. Why did they even grant them a bond, I see bond declined for other crimes but robbery with a previous record gets bond.

Get rid of them before they breed and we have to support their offspring until they become old enough to lock up.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So lesson learned, if you're going to rob a bank, don't post pictures of yourself on facebook with wads of cash afterwards.. That's what these bank robbers did and that's how they got caught.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne...-bank-r/nnpdH/
    This shit happens in my town all the time.

Last time some asshole robbed the bank, then ducked into the sporting goods store around the corner to try and change.

Employees got suspicious and called the cops when they saw wads of money falling out of his clothes.

The one before that the guy decided to play it on the DL and hung out across the street from the bank he just robbed, trying to hide in plain site. Police again got suspicious when he went to get his ID, and money started falling out of his waistband.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Banks have little to no cash... they probably only stole a few thousand dollars. Thus, stupid.
    This. As you said above, it's too risky for the reward. I personally think robbing anything at all is stupid if it requires being done in public/daytime hours and for anything short of a six figure sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    This shit happens in my town all the time.

Last time some asshole robbed the bank, then ducked into the sporting goods store around the corner to try and change.

Employees got suspicious and called the cops when they saw wads of money falling out of his clothes.

The one before that the guy decided to play it on the DL and hung out across the street from the bank he just robbed, trying to hide in plain site. Police again got suspicious when he went to get his ID, and money started falling out of his waistband.

Talked with a few prosecutors over the years, was told a lot of cases are easy due to pictures of person with said illegal item/action