Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warriors current state.....

Hey folks, Just writing this post because I still have my lvl 90 boost available and I was thinking a fury warrior but they dont seem to be anywhere in the raids I watch on twitch etc... Are warriors in a bad state atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't boost a Warrior. This class is so overplayed and overused that every retard plays one now. This class is almost as popular as Paladins its ridiculous. It's like everywhere I go in game, all I see are Warriors/Hunters/Paladins/Druids. Game is a joke.

Play a Rogue if you don't have one because nobody plays Rogues. And unlike this class, Rogues actually require skill to play. This class is just playing a Rogue on training wheels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do Have a rogue already

10+ Year Old Account
    Play a Monk then.

My personal opinion is currently they are not really that much fun to play compared to past expansions. Fury is RNG on RNG on RNG, single target damage is ok and AOE is great. Arms is great on certain fights, in HFC you would play about 50% of the fights as arms and its very competitive however is not exactly fun to play either.

WarriorSarri sums it up pretty well in a couple of the Final Boss episodes: Bladestorm, Execute or Bench.

As I said this is my personal opinion on how the specs play, you may like the playstyle. I have heard that Gladiator is quite fun and somewhat competitive since the buffs however I have been unable to try it out as I have to keep fury and arms specs for progression.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prots are in a nice place atm. They are fun and viable, even if you have mythic ambitions. Also, it offers you the only real Sword and Board damage playstyle currently in game.
    Fury is highly rng/crit dependant. Might be a pain to play it with low itemlevels. With good gear I find it fun tho.
    Arms is damage wise a monster but sadly quite simple and boring to play.

Personally I main warrior since BC and had no regrets yet.

Also, please consider my Signature if you decide whose advice you follow in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Fury is highly crit dependent with mixed in RNG. It can be really frustrating at lower gear levels (speaking from personal experience) but at higher gear levels it's pretty fun. Arms I haven't touched aside from a couple bosses since I don't raid mythic, but all I can say is I hope they fix arms in legion. Prot is really fun, pretty viable as well. I'm biased because I love this class, so I'd say play it but. Up to you in the long run.

In pvp, the class is boring as shit. You're basically a damage bot with no utility. Stance dancing isn't a thing anymore, either.

In pve, fury is a total slot machine to play until you get decent gear, then it becomes OK. Arms is fun on cleave / multitarget fights in HFC gear, but quite boring on single target. Don't know about protection.

If you like the idea of the class (raw strength / no magic / no real ranged abilities), roll one.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't boost a Warrior. This class is so overplayed and overused that every retard plays one now. This class is almost as popular as Paladins its ridiculous. It's like everywhere I go in game, all I see are Warriors/Hunters/Paladins/Druids. Game is a joke.

Play a Rogue if you don't have one because nobody plays Rogues. And unlike this class, Rogues actually require skill to play. This class is just playing a Rogue on training wheels.
    Weren't you saying this about DKs awhile back on here and the WoW forums too?

Deleted
    Honestly, don't bother. Fury is infuriating to play, Arms lost its novelty after the 5th execute and Glad will give you carpal tunnel syndrome. If you want to tank, just go BrM/blood dk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Honestly, don't bother. Fury is infuriating to play, Arms lost its novelty after the 5th execute and Glad will give you carpal tunnel syndrome. If you want to tank, just go BrM/blood dk
    Nahh im not looking to ever tank to be honest. I'm DPS through & through me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Prots are in a nice place atm. They are fun and viable, even if you have mythic ambitions. Also, it offers you the only real Sword and Board damage playstyle currently in game.
    Fury is highly rng/crit dependant. Might be a pain to play it with low itemlevels. With good gear I find it fun tho.
    Arms is damage wise a monster but sadly quite simple and boring to play.

Personally I main warrior since BC and had no regrets yet.

Also, please consider my Signature if you decide whose advice you follow in this forum.
    Sadly, gladiator doesn't get to go and dps all that often since they have no burst abilities and no raid cds.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

If you're not raiding Mythic then there is nothing to stop you playing Gladiator, hell I even sometimes play Gladiator on Mythic. Have played Glad on Hellfire Assault and Kilrogg Deadeye, it's really nice on Kilrogg even decent for visions. Of course if you're getting visions as Arms/Fury with good stacks and coming out at the 30% range you will do more dps as Arms/Fury because of execute, but if you're not getting execute then Glad would likely match or surpass both Arms/Fury on the boss.

The problem with Glad is that though you can do well on most fights, you just don't have the tools that Fury/Arms has in terms of execute burst and rallying cry.. Personally I think it's fantastic to play, the best of all the warrior specs and I personally enjoy Warrior more than any other class.

Though that's not to say I think Warrior is that great, both Arms and Fury are poorly designed and poorly balanced, when people say Execute and Bladestorm are the only answers they mean it, and both specs are very RNG dependant.. To wrap it all up, don't expect to be doing any good single target dps, you will never top the meters on single target against someone equally skilled playing most other classes, at least not at high gear levels.

Don't listen to people who are still saying that Warriors scale well, in this expansion it has been the opposite, we start the tier very strong and end the tier near the bottom. Of course Bladestorm and Execute are very powerful, they are the reasons for taking a Warrior to a raid, both are powerful tools for progression.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-29 at 07:07 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I changed to a warrior this expansion and to be honest unless there's a drastic redesign and by drastic I mean specs that actually make sense I'll be moving on to something else. I mean it has its moments and aspects that I find fun but at the same time it's ridiculously frustrating.

No spec should have an AoE attack as single target filler. No spec should have an RNG mechanic that, when it fucks you in the ass which seems to be almost all the time, sends you plummeting down the meters and have to look at your raid group and go "RNGesus didn't like me lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯". Fuck if you really want to get down to it no spec should be COMPLETELY IGNORED BY THE DEVELOPERS TO BEGIN WITH as it is ridiculously obvious not just with warriors but a lot of other specs. Add the ring and Blizzard's asinine stance that everyone shouldn't be able to control when they use their ring and yeah it's a rotten cherry on top of a shit sundae.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2015-09-29 at 10:11 PM. Reason: my english is so good you have no idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I'm not sure how that's even allowed. Sure, it can be funny, but shouldn't this be considered as pointless taunt? We all say stupid things now and then, no need to endlessly rub it in...

10+ Year Old Account
    OK so maybe I wont be using my 90 boost on a Warrior.... lol. The decisions continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Don't listen to people who are still saying that Warriors scale well, in this expansion it has been the opposite, we start the tier very strong and end the tier near the bottom.
    I don't quite agree we start tiers strong. We started pretty weak at the beginning of HM, same in BRF but then 4p T17 happened and suddenly we were viable again. Due to the bonus we were good at the start of HFC as well. When everyone is in T18, its gg again.
    Also on progress individual skill matters a lot in establishing rank. After everything is on farm, and everyone instinctively pushes the right CDs in the right moments, other classes fly away excluding a few warrior-friendly fights.

Deleted
    Played warrior for five expansions and I'm seriously thinking of rerolling in legion because it just doesn't feel fun to play it anymore. Arms is especially frustrating to play because you're so rng depended.

Bring back stance dance, heroic strike and the old rekclessness! And mortal strike for pvp!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cladra View Post
    Played warrior for five expansions and I'm seriously thinking of rerolling in legion because it just doesn't feel fun to play it anymore. Arms is especially frustrating to play because you're so rng depended.
    >Arms
    >Rng dependant

Are we playing the same game?
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.