Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure violence is a great way to solve problems
    Pretty much. I find it tiring whenever the bullying argument comes up. Replacing "teaching a kid that money solves all your problems" with "teaching a kid that violence solves all of your problems" isn't a solution at all. It's asinine really, and there's so much more to mental development than that anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'm sure they didn't sit the child down and tell them exactly how much they spent on this.
    I'm pretty sure most health insurances would cover minor surgery like this. I know they do around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Because buying your kid out of trouble leads to this kind of thing:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/...ving-accident/

Prove me wrong.
    One data point isn't a trend.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    I'm pretty sure most health insurances would cover minor surgery like this. I know they do around here.
    I happen to live in Utah, so I have an unfair advantage, but cosmetic surgery is generally not covered here.

Because buying your kid out of trouble leads to this kind of thing:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/...ving-accident/

Prove me wrong.
    Why should anyone take the time? That is an utterly ridiculous assertion.

This seems like the logical conclusion of 'grow a thicker skin.'
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    One data point isn't a trend.
    Yet you fail to prove me wrong.

Yet you fail to prove me wrong.
    I don't have to prove you wrong, you failed to provide an actual argument. Sorry, you lose to statistics.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I happen to live in Utah, so I have an unfair advantage here, but cosmetic surgery is generally not covered.
    Same here (Netherlands), but if it is recommended by doctors it can be. It wouldn't be too hard in this particular case either, with that boy's ears sticking out by that much.

For example, my dad has dentures, and initially insurance would only cover for regular ones. He needed the bottom ones in 'click' variaty (which requires 2 implants to click the bottom denture on to) because he didn't feel comfortable/secure enough with regular ones and having to pretty much talk the whole day. Physicians agreed with him, and got everything covered by the insurance.

So they havent explained to the kid how to deal with it and just changed his body.

Yes, the ears needed changing.

But the kid should have been told that problems arent solved with money / surgeries all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Why should anyone take the time? That is an utterly ridiculous assertion.
    Is it?

/10charsisbullshitand30isevenmore

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    So they havent explained to the kid how to deal with it and just changed his body.

But the kid should have been told that problems arent solved with money / surgeries all the time.
    How do you know he wasn't told that? One data point isn't a trend.

Is it?

/10charsisbullshitand30isevenmore
    Not as bullshit as your claim that getting this kid's ears fixed is going to lead to him one day driving drunk and mowing down a bunch of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    How do you know he wasn't told that? One data point isn't a trend.
    You repeat yourself consistently. One catchphrase isn't an arguement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    when I was in school a kid got made fun of for a mole, got it removed, and then got made fun of for being insecure enough to have the mole removed. Kids will tease no matter what, best to learn to deal with it.
    I want to point out something, You got your mole removed. Did you ever get made fun of because you had that mole anytime in the future? No? because.....? That's right you got it removed and people didn't know about it. How dare you tell some other child to " deal with it " when you yourself was too much of a bitch to do the same... Jesus christ.

Mom & Dad " Yeah, Lets not fix our son ears so he can be made fun of for the next 8 years, then when he snaps in day in high school he packs in a 20 gauge shotgun and kills all his class and some teachers because of mental damage" This is what all of you are promoting? fucking disgusting. " Hey son, Its okay to be a dick at school because its your targets job to get over it " you all are sick.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    To be fair, all surgery carries a risk of death.
    I said "life-threatening" getting your ears pinned is far from "life-threatening" since it is removing a bit of skin and pinning the cartilage back to the skull. Where as other cosmetic surgery involves basically navigating massive amounts of nerves and veins/arteries.

You repeat yourself consistently. One catchphrase isn't an arguement.
    I'm not arguing anything. I'm just pointing out that some people have a really poor education in statistics, logic, and rhetoric in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a reasonable use of plastic surgery. Carry on.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post

Though the thing is. Why should he HAVE to deal with something that is so easily fixed?

That's like telling a kid to deal with blindness instead of getting a pair of glasses, because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I want to point out something, You got your mole removed. Did you ever get made fun of because you had that mole anytime in the future? No? because.....? That's right you got it removed and people didn't know about it.
    I agree with this bit.