Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Eat less food during the first 2 days after doing my groceries (I only do them once or twice a week) I tend to snack more on those days and eat healthier after I devoured all the tasty stuff -.-

I could easily stop buying vegetables, and eat only meat.

I would never drop tobacco and/or alcohol. Priorities
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by ViveLaVie View Post
    Eat less food during the first 2 days after doing my groceries (I only do them once or twice a week) I tend to snack more on those days and eat healthier after I devoured all the tasty stuff -.-
    I have exactly the same habit *giggles*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I have exactly the same habit *giggles*
    Now I feel less guilty...not a good sign lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Coffee before work, energy drinks, cut back on fancy food, go out less, buy less hobby stuff. I'm horrible at saving my money.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Coffee before work, energy drinks, cut back on fancy food, go out less, buy less hobby stuff. I'm horrible at saving my money.
    I guess as long as you have the money to spend being bad at saving money isn't that much of a problem, as long as you don't find yourself in depth that is.

Deleted
    I'd give up my car. Cut down on nightclub visits entirely. No more buying games on Steam or micro transactions. No netflix.
    No more eating at restaurants. I'd shop food at the cheap supermarket only. I'd ditch my mobile plan in favor of cash card.
    No clothes shopping. And finally no more hugely expensive trips to Thailand.

Nothing really. My husband is the only one that works, and while things aren't tight. We prefer to live like things are tight :P We only pay for internet, and subscriptions to whatever games we happen to be paying. And whatever bills we have. He'll occasionally come home with a video game because Gamestop is on his way home from work. But I'm not big into the 'NO YOU CAN'T BUY THAT'. He plays it, I'll play it eventually, too. Works out for both of us. No kids is a plus, too.

Probably could get away with buying less quality food. But I like to cook, and I prefer eating healthy. I also like to bake stuff for his command (he's in the Navy)... I guess I could stop doing that, too. Not like it would save me a ton of money.

If we didn't have health insurance through Tricare... we'd be broke. I'm a type I Diabetic... and supplies are super expensive. 150 dollars for 100 test strips through a name brand like Onetouch or Advantage. My insulin... vials of lantus... are about 250-300 dollars a bottle. And I don't know how much my novolog pens are. Syringes and pen caps are relatively cheap. Glucagon isn't...
    Last edited by Felicia; 2015-10-05 at 07:53 AM.

I should make much more food by myself instead of buying it from stores.

But eh.. They are called convenience stores for a reason, I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Catching Public Transport to work in the Morning.

I walk home after work each day, takes about 40-45mins, but in the mornings I just don't feel like the 45min trek just after I've had a morning shower and don't want to get to work all sweaty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games. And the internet. Oh, who needs a phone, really? Yeah I could totally go off grid and read $.50 paperbacks for entertainment as well as the newspaper and clean my house more. The only risk is not having enough to de-stress me and end up becoming the Crazed Gunman of the Week™!

Fuck. That. Shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Video games and PC upgrades i suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

tobacco, since I quit smoking 2-3 months ago.

Going out to eat I can cut easily, it's a massive waste of money. Also getting coffee out--I have a home espresso machine.

Cocaine. Jameson. Local high APV beers. Car. Sq.Ft. in my place. Clothes by designers.

The better question is, what would I do with my money if not on that?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    -snip-
    People dont save enough, people get in debt, those are the most important things to avoid.
    Try, as much as its possible, to never be in debt, its wasting money. See something you really really want? bite your tongue and buy something you can afford. Being in debt is not worth that 1-2 weeks rush of having something shiny.

Save money, you want to have a safety net that allows you to live unemployed for 1 year. So rent, bills, food, to me thats about 10k.
    After you have the safety net, do w/e you want with your cash, but id advice to put some apart and invest.
    Try to get a second income source, market your hobbies or pick up a skill that is easy to do every now and then (bonus if you "forget" to tax it)

If you see you are going to be in real trouble, get a 1 year 24hour gym membership, access to a place to sleep, showers, internet access, if you become homeless for w/e reason, this allows you a standard of living and getting a job fast-ish, no one will hire a hobbo.

Anyway stuff i have cut from personal spending:
    Cinema, buying food at work/shops (i love cooking, cook in bulk and you have a lot of cheap food, take to work, its amazing how much money you save, healthier as well), bike to work (not for everyone) but this means you have 0 transportation costs.
    Only buy games on sale or that are around 30ish, seriously 50pounds for a game is retarded.
    Started making my own cosmetics, its amazing how much info is there around the internet and how good it works, being cheaper at it.

Saw an increase of 20%ish in available money, and those arent really sacrifices.
    If i had to sacrifice, would be food quality and amount. Clothing, internet speed (love 100mb/s but dont need it 20ish works fine).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Cocaine. Jameson. Local high APV beers. Car. Sq.Ft. in my place. Clothes by designers.

The better question is, what would I do with my money if not on that?
    Obviously if you can afford it, theres no reason not to, this thread was mostly meant as a ''what if'' scenario

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Obviously if you can afford it, theres no reason not to, this thread was mostly meant as a ''what if'' scenario
    What if I couldn't afford? Fine, I live in an area where I can walk to most of what I need, or at least catch a bus. Goodbye car insurance. I can shop at Goodwill and clothe myself. I can drink cheap beer. Cocaine can go blow itself.

There, I think I just saved $1500/month at least.

Now, what do I do with that money?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What if I couldn't afford? Fine, I live in an area where I can walk to most of what I need, or at least catch a bus. Goodbye car insurance. I can shop at Goodwill and clothe myself. I can drink cheap beer. Cocaine can go blow itself.

There, I think I just saved $1500/month at least.

Now, what do I do with that money?
    Invest! Get cosmetic surgeries to improve yourself and look like an actual belf, and hmmmm.... prostitutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Invest! Get cosmetic surgeries to improve yourself and look like an actual belf, and hmmmm.... prostitutes?
    I'm trying to decide if I should try to pull off David Bowie from Labyrinth or buy a truck to run myself over.