Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Last I heard is that yes, there is a new series in development.

http://startrekrenegades.com

I think that's what you're talking about Ilikegreenfire
    Link or it didn't happen.

Axanar and Renegades don't count.

(Edit: Interesting, you added a link as I was posting that.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Isnt there one in development right now with Tuvok from Voyager? Or was it canceled?
    Tim Russ is funding "Star Trek: Renegades" with Kickstarter and stuff, and just has permission to do it.

Also it's kinda... crap.

There's also something called "Axanar" that someone else is doing and looks like it'll be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard is that yes, there is a new series in development.

http://startrekrenegades.com

I think that's what you're talking about Ilikegreenfire
    Yeah that was terrible unfortunately, as good as Tim Russ is a an actor he can't direct to save his life.

If you haven't watched it already then there is an infintely better crowd sourced Star Trek project called "Axanar", they already made the Prelude.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W1_8IV8uhA

I think you'll agree it's looking very promising with a lot of talent involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/08/...xternal,manual

This article says that Cbs owns the rights to television and Paramount owns the rights to Movies. It also mentions another series concept.

I have read a lot of articles talking about a lot of differnt ST series that are being pitched. My link of the Renegades concept was in reply to a poster.

In any case, I would love another series, but i hope it's not in JJ's universe. Which isn't the one from Tng, Ds9, or Voyager.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2015-10-05 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Deep Space Nine was the series I enjoyed most of Star Trek.

A series based during and around the Dominion War would be cool. However, a series based on the particular conflict among the Cardassians and Bajorans would be super fascinating.
    While DS9 has some of my all time favorite episodes for all of Star Trek, I find as a whole they really ruined everything that TNG did for the Klingons, and for that I don't like it.

And at one of the turning points in the Dominion War there's a little bit of deus ex machina going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    While DS9 has some of my all time favorite episodes for all of Star Trek, I find as a whole they really ruined everything that TNG did for the Klingons, and for that I don't like it.

And at one of the turning points in the Dominion War there's a little bit of deus ex machina going on.
    I think I prefer Worf in tng but man did they do an excellent job with the Cardassians in ds9 (Dukat and Garak were just wow).

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I think I prefer Worf in tng but man did they do an excellent job with the Cardassians in ds9 (Dukat and Garak were just wow).
    I'd watch a whole show of Cardassians, starring Andrew Robinson, and regret nothing.

If they could get Marc Alaimo in it'd probably be my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    As a main character? I'm not sure how interesting watching a pre-insane Gul'Dukat as the protagonist work out. We all remember him for the character he became after "Sacrifice of Angels."

That isn't to say that having the normal Gul'Dukat as a main character of a Star Trek show would be bad (he's one of the franchise's most intriguing and memorable characters), but again; he's most remembered for his personality in the last seasons of the show. It may be disappointing to watch the old Gul for an entire series.

Would like to see Cardassians and Andorians make a comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Andorians among a lot of other things ruined Enterprise. I would rather not see them in a new show. Unlikely anyway as they were exterminated in the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I'd watch a whole show of Cardassians, starring Andrew Robinson, and regret nothing.

Cardassians were one of my favorite things about DS9. It would be really nice to give them another series where they could get more exposure and depth.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd watch one if it had the same kind of Budget as say Agents of Shield.

Andorians among a lot of other things ruined Enterprise. I would rather not see them in a new show. Unlikely anyway as they were exterminated in the lore.
    Nope; the semi-canonical continuation of the franchise, Star Trek Online, brought them back.

No

this30charthingisreallyweirdyouknow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    Nope; the semi-canonical continuation of the franchise, Star Trek Online, brought them back.
    Idk if i'd count that game as a legitimate source of Star Trek lore.

I've never been a big Trekkie (loved the movies, but as for the series I was more of a Babylon 5 man - one day I plan to watch all three seasons of TOS though) so I'm not really qualified to talk about it in great detail. But I feel like the TNG/DS9/Voy era (and maybe Enterprise, I saw all of one episode of that IIRC) built up so much background material that a continuation of them would be almost inaccessible to new viewers. You can make a series just for the loyalists - well Star Trek can - but the size of that base is limited. Plus they get older and it shrinks, so you have to still appeal to new young viewers who didn't see any of the older ones.

I really think it's unlikely. Even Enterprise was a way of pseudo-rebooting the series to make it more accessible for new audiences, by taking it back in time before half of the TNG/etc stuff had happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    As a main character? I'm not sure how interesting watching a pre-insane Gul'Dukat as the protagonist work out. We all remember him for the character he became after "Sacrifice of Angels."

That isn't to say that having the normal Gul'Dukat as a main character of a Star Trek show would be bad (he's one of the franchise's most intriguing and memorable characters), but again; he's most remembered for his personality in the last seasons of the show. It may be disappointing to watch the old Gul for an entire series.
    Oh no, no no. I don't want a pre-DS9 show. I want a post-DS9 show.

That said I love all incarnations of Dukat, early and late show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Nope, I would prefer the JJ Abrams Star Trek over that boring old lame Star Trek anyday.
    Thanks but I prefer a ST thats true to its creator and not anything like the JJ Abrams fuckups....
    A n ew ship and a new crew on a five year mission that makes us forget FAST the fuckups the retard Abrams was allowed to create...

Nope, I would prefer the JJ Abrams Star Trek over that boring old lame Star Trek anyday.
    Abrams star trek is not star trek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Abrams star trek is not star trek.
    I'm ok with that cause "real" Star Trek is boring as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with that cause "real" Star Trek is boring as shit.
    Why are you even here? Go and watch some anime bullshit.