Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, I you want to enjoy the leveling experience and you don't despise questing, I would stay away from LFG. Leveling through questing is very fast compared to 8 years ago and with the revamp everything will be new(ish) for you up to level 60. Doing dungeons is faster but imo less enjoyable because, as you said, you'll just be following people in full heirloom gear without really doing anything.

If you level outdoors then stick to fury, doesn't matter whether it's 2x1h or 2x2h, just go with whatever higher ilvl weapons you have. If you still want to level through dungeons then I'd consider going protection because you'll get instant queues most of the time.

Leveling is so easy that the gear you get from questing is enough to do stuff without spending gold on the AH.

I read your post but not the following replies, appolagise if I'm repeating others. I'l give numbered pointers.

1. Any spec is fine for levelling and you should pick the one that appeals most to you, your Fury struggles are typical of the spec and there is no real cure for it below level 100.. It is generally considered that Protection is the best leveling spec, it has by far the best survival and also has very high damage.. Infact up until around level 70 Protection is probably the highest damage Warrior spec.

2. STR is our Primary Stat, Crit + Mastery are king of the secondary stats, Haste can be highly valuable but there are specific thresholds (that aren't worth thinking about before level 100). It's never worth making a big effort to gear while levelling, because you will outlevel gear before you really get a chance to make use of it. Keep picking up gear as you go along through dungeons and quests but don't go out of your way, the real gearing process does not begin until level 100.

3. I personally think it's a good time to get back into the game now from your perspective, so you can get back up to speed and not feel completely out of touch when the expansion comes out, it's good to ground yourself and be prepared.

4. Archaeology is for people who like to do it, it's not in any way required and you can completely ignore it if you want, the majority of players do. With that said if you're into that kinda thing I guess there are worthwhile items/mounts that come from it, it's a lot of busywork. I don't do Archaeology personally.

5. Dungeons are generally by far the fastest way to level (at least up to about 70-80 ish), you have high experience quests and you have bonus experience for completing the dungeon and quality loot from the bonus bags.. Questing can be fast but so much time is taken up by traveling between them, dungeons are as you have mentioned very fast and efficient.. But really you should do whatever feels good, it's a lot more fun to do those dungeons when you feel like you have a better grasp on the game.

6. Professions can be done completely in high level zones if you wish, so don't worry about having to stick around in low level areas.. It's probably a lot less work to just level your professions completely in Draenor.

7. Gold is extremely easy to come by at max level, your Garrison will provide you with gold missions, herbs and ore and your Warrior will be quite capable of soloing old raids and dungeons. For example the Firelands 25man Heroic raid is very easily clearable without great gear, can be done in perhaps 25mins and will yeild over 2000g.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Thanks for repleys and good tips . I will pass on professions for now and stick to questiong . Once again thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by trzesiek View Post
    I will pass on professions for now and stick to questiong .
    This is indeed what I would recommend as well. The days of vanilla / TBC when every warrior was a blacksmith and every mage a tailor / enchanter are long gone. You can generally not bother with professions at all or go with mining / herbalism on every character and not see much downside of it. Also days when every warrior / rogue needed first aid / bandages are gone too. Every profession can do WOD (current expansion) stuff without being levelled and that seems to be Blizzard's plan for Legion too so there's zero reason to rush to level a profession, you can keep it at 1 skill for now and be fine.

Fury warrior felt really bad to me too (stand there and auto attack), so it could be the spec, not you. You can try arms / prot and see if it feels better. Gear doesn't matter much while levelling but spec does. A lot of hybrid / offspec spells were removed so forget tanking as fury or healing as a shadow priest, but if you have dual spec you can do your job even in crappy gear as long as you have for example 1h + shield + correct armor type (plate after lvl 40-50 with strength) on a warrior. However I would not recommend tanking random dungeons if you're trying to get used to the game after months or years of break, it'll be stressful as people always try to hurry up the tank or pull ahead of him, since there's little punishment for doing so both from community and from the game design (mobs don't kill you too easily in low lvl dungeons).

About guilds I don't mind joining a random one just for the 50% cooldown off hearthstone but don't expect a sense of community or great friendship to come out of random guilds who invite random people. It's easy to join and leave guilds nowadays especially the "social" ones that kinda don't do anything anyway. After you level up and decide what you want to focus on you might want to bother looking for a guild that actually suits your interest (pvp guild, raiding guild, etc.) there's no downside to be in a random guild until then unless you hate guild chat spam (i.e. people who constantly beg for gold or free boosts), then yeah don't join one and block guild chat invites.

Generally if I were in your situation I would just level at my own pace (not bothering to powerlevel or speed it up) and concentrate on figuring out what class / spec I like now (as they changed over the time), then get to cap and btw there are guides for example on wowhead.com for new / returning players what to do at lvl 100 and how to gear up, they might show you better how things look like now at "end game".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    That being said, you can use all three (to some four if you count the gladiator stance people) talent trees to level.
    You cant level as a gladiator, since gladiator´s resolve is a lvl 100 talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Thanks. I'm back to my old peace, leveling by question and enjoying the changes in world - so much changed. Desolace with the big tree in the middle, man I remember how sad and empty this place was in the begging (name fit so well).

I just wish there was some kind of a system that is used in GW2, so you can level and stay in the zone as much as you like as it is sad I've to move in the middle of questing because I reached cap for the zone. I stayed a bit longer it Dustwallow Marsh and now I'm over leveled for next zone :/. On the other side with so much content I'd probably not move to another zone in 20 levels or so if there was no penalty.

Two more questions:

1. Is it worth to save for heirloom gear? I saw that 500g piece is only usable till level 60 and I'v not check how much it cost to upgrade yet.
    2. Is the only way to get better bags than 10 slot is to buy them in AH?

I recently leveled my warrior... I found that since most mobs died so quickly that I did better damage just holding gcds for execute. Don't forget ur enrage gives you a raging blow... and don't spam ur rage dump, wait for it to proc its passive, blood thirst on cd of course barring execute and rage are available.

Opener:
    Charge, BT (obvious but not always)

Sustain:
    Berserker Rage (when you have no enrage active, hold if first BT crits) = Exc (if sudden death proc) -> WS (if >=80 rage) RB (if 2x procs) -> BT (if <= 80) -> WS Proc -> SB/DR -> RB -> WS (only if enraged... probably won't get to this point), BT for rage, etc.

Execute:
    Same as above but Replace WS with Execute as a rage dump, priority on BT on CD over RB procs.

AoE:
    Use enrage with bladestorm, BT for rage and procs, WW for stacks and cleave, RB to consume stacks and cleave, WS with proc, BT for rage, etc.

CDs:
    Try to pop Reck / BB/Ava to both get full uptime and take advantage of executes or buffs.

1. Is it worth to save for heirloom gear? I saw that 500g piece is only usable till level 60 and I'v not check how much it cost to upgrade yet.
    1. No, the price isn't worth it. You'll get enough gold at max level and then you can decide whether you want to use heirlooms to level alts. They make content even easier than it already is and you won't be able to enjoy upgrades you get from questing or dungeons. They are also way too expensive for a first toon.

2. No, there are bags from different sources like raid bosses (Onyxia), quests or even vendors. 16 slot bags are vendored in every capital. Although, I don't know how much they cost.
    Last edited by Shiroh; 2015-10-08 at 08:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Many people here overestimate the impact of heirlooms. They are just blue items, auto-scaling with you. Sometimes you can get better gear than heirlooms from dungeons.
    Therefore if you level by dungeons, your gear will be about on par with heirloom gear. Even if you're below, it doesn't matter much, maybe 20% tops. A bad player loses much more than 20% dps on being bad if you know what I mean.
    The only thing heirlooms give you that other items cannot match is extra XP.

Once you get revered with any faction of playable races (Ironforge, Darnassus, Gnomeregan etc.) each of them sell a 16 slot bag (you can have 1 of each race but not doubles) at a quartermaster in a capital city near the flight master. Also I think some dungeons have a chance to drop bags, I think there's one from the Gnome in blackrock depths. Later on there's a lvl ~87 quest in Kun Lai summit giving a free 24 slot. There's a free 20 slot you can get at lvl 98 from under a bridge in Nagrand in WOD. You can get 22 slots from Onyxia and Sartharion raids that are soloable at higher level (they're both lvl 80 raids now), also 24 slot from quest in Zul'Aman (it's a lvl 85 dungeon now) and a 20 slot has a random chance to drop from Forge of Souls first boss (lvl 80 dungeon).

Thanks a lot. Time to hunt for some bigger bags as amount of thrash I collect is way too much for my current bag state

Indeed heirlooms EXP bonus seems nice, but even without it leveling is easy so I will stick to my greens/blues .

Deleted
    Haven't got much input, just wanted to say welcome back to the game, the community isn't what it was 8 years ago so try not to take things people say in dungeons too seriously. It's more common to find someone levelling in full Heirlooms than no Heirlooms nowdays so you're bound to get some shithead kick you for low dps or something.

I realize it is not the best time but that's why I'm taking it slow. I'm not rushing to end, peacefully leveling professions, doing quests and having fun waiting till next expansion release . Thanks for input

Apoe, thanks . Any tips for tanking without good gear?
    Sadly, the take it slow style is dead and gone. EXP is way too easy to get so you're going to burn through areas quicker than you can do the quests, same goes for dungeons. In a dungeon, if you die once you WILL be kicked and replaced. You have to move at the pace of the group, which is "Pull now or we kick you" Professions, you can level up off of anything, anywhere so you will get ahead of say copper, but you can level the same off of stuff from four expansions further than copper.

As for tanking, just get the spec and you're gold, the gear doesn't really matter until max level content. If you need to learn the fights, just open up the tab that tells you what to do for each encounter. Expect an insane amount of toxic behavior from players though when you don't pull the speed they want, or let them die because they ran off and attacked something you weren't.

Overall, do not expect the same game you were playing 8+ years ago, because that game is lone gone, dead, and buried. WoW of today is nothing like WoW of the Vanilla - WotLK era in anything but name. What's left is the Facebook game generation that expects everything in to be done in 5 minutes and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Overall, do not expect the same game you were playing 8+ years ago, because that game is lone gone, dead, and buried. WoW of today is nothing like WoW of the Vanilla - WotLK era in anything but name. What's left is the Facebook game generation that expects everything in to be done in 5 minutes and easy.
    My nostalgia is strong and sometimes I miss how it was done in old times, but then I realize with job and family commitments I'd not have time to wait for party to assemble then do one instance (and only if it goes smooth). Maybe it is too fast for my liking but still thanks to this "rush" I can at least see all instances. Back in past I've never ever done Dire Maul and doing scholo was a pain (those bosses that would drop green at best!).

I'm getting used to new way of playing but honestly, it fits "my adulthood" just right. Can jump in spare 30 mins and do something actually . Still sometimes nostalgia hits hard.

Hehe, thanks Imacashew, was really surprised to see fauna in some places . It sounds strange be cataclysm did good some zones .

Also thanks for a tip about bags from reputation, got my 16 slots today and it makes a difference .

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now isn't a terrible time. There's many months between now and the next expansion so you've plenty of time to get prepared and possibly even roll a few more toons if you feel like trying another role.

The leveling experience (at least 1-60) is designed with complete gaming newbies in mind, so if you know what you're doing you'll find the early experience a complete pushover.

Q&A 1) No idea about DW2H, but I would think DW1H might be better for more consistent rage-gen. Damage wise there shouldn't be much difference really.
    2) basically, but to what degree I have no idea
    3) just quest through if you don't want to dungeon. there's almost no point in seeking out gear unless your actually having trouble killing mobs.
    4) no.
    5) get 'carried' through dungeons if it doesn't frustrate you, I doubt anyone's taking dps meters seriously (and tbh class and spec mean way more than gear while leveling). If not, go quest. keep up mining if you like, you get xp from nodes and can sell the ore etc, but I don't recommend BS/Cooking/Fishing, it will just slow you down and drain what little gold you have.
    Last edited by llubtoille; 2015-10-09 at 06:09 AM.

First time ever I decided to take something slowly and to found out that professions can be rushed in late game - damn you Blizz! I was prepared to wast time cooking, fishing etc :P