Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I'm amazed that this is even a discussion.

I mean it's Trump. That we're even discussing this means the Democrats must be in serious trouble, somehow.
    As far as I can tell, it's not the Democrats that want to nominate this guy.

The thread title makes me so sad <_<;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's not the Democrats that want to nominate this guy.
    What I mean is I'm amazed we're even discussing this.

The Republican party, as far as I can tell, are pretty nuts. (I'm British so I don't look at the detail of US politics so much.)

Democrats should have an easy time winning with any candidate, but clearly they don't, and that has to be a bad sign.

Wait, people want to spend trillions to deport immigrants? Versus letting them stay here and contribute in taxes? Wow... I mean something that cost that much will just kind of fuck us over, but hey hate is a huge motivator despite obvious downsides! It's like when NC voted to ban gay marriage at the expense of significantly hurting parental rights for non-married straight couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    What I mean is I'm amazed we're even discussing this.

The Republican party, as far as I can tell, are pretty nuts. (I'm British so I don't look at the detail of US politics so much.)

Democrats should have an easy time winning with any candidate, but clearly they don't, and that has to be a bad sign.
    Well, the Democratic primary is all but decided, unfortunately. Unless Sanders gains some steam or Biden decides to jump in, there's nothing to talk about there. The Republican race is fairly wide open and Trump is the sideshow that dominates it all. It's a bad sign that he's still dominating the Republican race considering what a shit show he is. What you may not realize, as an outsider, is that our primary election season is insanely long. It's a ridiculous waste of time and money just to pick the person that's going to run in the real election. We haven't even started on that tiresome campaign yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Wait, people want to spend trillions to deport immigrants? Versus letting them stay here and contribute in taxes? Wow... I mean something that cost that much will just kind of fuck us over, but hey hate is a huge motivator despite obvious downsides! It's like when NC voted to ban gay marriage at the expense of significantly hurting parental rights for non-married straight couples.
    Trillions to deport immigrants? WTF, thats some terrible math! Also you should look at the study how making all the illegals, legal would be a net loss not a gain.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Trillions to deport immigrants? WTF, thats some terrible math! Also you should look at the study how making all the illegals, legal would be a net loss not a gain.
    As far as I know, no such study exists.

The low estimates for forcefully deporting all illegal immigrants is $700b. Link for your net loss assertion. The studies I've seen have shown null or gain.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    As far as I know, no such study exists.
    http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...he-us-taxpayer

In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers. Amnesty would provide unlawful households with access to over 80 means-tested welfare programs, Obamacare, Social Security, and Medicare. The fiscal deficit for each household would soar.

In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers. Amnesty would provide unlawful households with access to over 80 means-tested welfare programs, Obamacare, Social Security, and Medicare. The fiscal deficit for each household would soar.
    The Heritage foundation is not even close to an unbiased research center. They also don't factor in the fact that these households would then pay into Social Security.

Deleted
    The problem of politics, there is no happy middle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The Heritage foundation is not even close to an unbiased research center. They also don't factor in the fact that these households would then pay into Social Security.
    To add to that, I would bet that $24,721 figure is only modestly more accurate than the $75,000 in benefits from the New American Way of Life, which was of course complete garbage. I'll look at their documentation when I have a few minutes.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems they're not interested in explaining that figure at all. It's a lot easier for me to deny something with no backup.

"You're wrong."
    "Prove it."
    "You first."
    Last edited by Breccia; 2015-10-09 at 06:01 PM.

That study very much assumes former illegal immigrants are paying minimal taxes and will not see an increase in income, as a group, with more opportunities available to them.

Otherwise, that "study" reads like a manual of conservative economic policy rather than a study of reality. It doesn't source most of its estimated costs. and the only other studies that it does reference were by other conservative think tanks.

Actually it does if you read the article, it talks about how highschool educated people take more than they put in and most illegal immigrants have a 10th grade level on average

- - - Updated - - -

For example, in 2010, in the U.S. population as a whole, households headed by persons without a high school degree, on average, received $46,582 in government benefits while paying only $11,469 in taxes. This generated an average fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of $35,113.

The high deficits of poorly educated households are important in the amnesty debate because the typical unlawful immigrant has only a 10th-grade education. Half of unlawful immigrant households are headed by an individual with less than a high school degree, and another 25 percent of household heads have only a high school degree.

For example, in 2010, in the U.S. population as a whole, households headed by persons without a high school degree, on average, received $46,582 in government benefits while paying only $11,469 in taxes. This generated an average fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of $35,113.

The high deficits of poorly educated households are important in the amnesty debate because the typical unlawful immigrant has only a 10th-grade education. Half of unlawful immigrant households are headed by an individual with less than a high school degree, and another 25 percent of household heads have only a high school degree.
    So High School educated legal residents and citizens only pay $1,100 more in taxes than illegals? Those numbers seem fucky as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    So High School educated legal residents and citizens only pay $1,100 more in taxes than illegals? Those numbers seem fucky as hell.
    It is skewed. As an example, it avarage out the total cost of education as 12 years of schooling, while also argues that typically they don't get past 10th grade. To count the full education cost, you also have to consider that they would need to start with first grade. Meaning, they were illegally here at 6 to 7 years old.

It basically does both, count the full impact of them taking advantage of social programs to calculate their impact on cost, while also arguing as if they do not take advantage of the programs to calculate their contribution.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is a big mouthed idiot.

But have you ever heard the saying, theres 2 things you never bring up, Politics and Religion.....dont

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    But have you ever heard the saying, theres 2 things you never bring up, Politics and Religion.....dont
    That would be very, very difficult for someone running for the Republican candidate for President to adhere to.

Tuck Frump, that's all I gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post

2. No he won't simply because there is no way in hell the Senate will pass a bill to pay for a more than likely extremely expensive wall and estimated $1 TRILLION cost in deportation costs at high end and $700 billion on low end and take an estimated 20 fucking years, well after Trump has died. http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/17/depor...ry-costly.html

I can deport every single illegal alien and it wouldnt cost a fucking dime. Simply eliminate their jobs. Tell every business owner, landlord etc etc that if they give illegals jobs or homes that they will go to prison. The illegals will leave this country in waves, thankfully.