Just snapped my headset...

Soooo I need a new set!
    I'm turning into a bit of an audiophone, so was thinking I'd drop a little honey on a new audio set up, taking a decent set of cans and a zalman clip on or something. But I'm no headphone suggestion, I want to be able to talk and hear people smoothly but also have good game and music audio. Don't mind getting one of those little box things if they aren't too expensive and make a good improvement.
    Please advise!
    Much Love
    Mr Fluffy

I don't really have any suggestions for now.. But price range would be really nice, cause high quality pair of headphones range from 150 to 1500 Dollars

Could probably drop about £200 on a decent set up, mic included

Try the Sennheiser PC 363D.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Soooo I need a new set!
    I'm turning into a bit of an audiophone, so was thinking I'd drop a little honey on a new audio set up, taking a decent set of cans and a zalman clip on or something. But I'm no headphone suggestion, I want to be able to talk and hear people smoothly but also have good game and music audio. Don't mind getting one of those little box things if they aren't too expensive and make a good improvement.
    Please advise!
    Much Love
    Mr Fluffy
    I've purchased turtle beachs, and an asus at one point and high priced headphones are just expensive garbage. Find yourself a nice pair of logitechs and you'll never go wrong. Currently, Im using a 60$ pair of wireless logitechs which work great short of me always leaving them on and draining the battery when being a drunkie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sennheiser PC320 if you're fine with open-ear + analog headsets.

I use HD419's for movies/gaming when I don't need a mic, and they're closed-ear + analog.

You could try newer versions, just Google them.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2015-10-12 at 11:53 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Is it worth getting an amp/DAC thingy? Do they make much difference? I don't mind just buying cans tbh, they are generally a better quality of song to a headset, I can just get a clip on mic and win?

I have Sennheiser 363D and love them. I have had them for a few years now and they still perform great.
    Last edited by Shinzou; 2015-10-13 at 04:54 PM.

Soooo I need a new set!
    I'm turning into a bit of an audiophone,
    the word you're looking for is audiophile.

Unless you're actually turning into a speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

I definately didn't meant to type audiophone, it was late

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

Hey that's a documented medical condition, don't hate: Audiosis

Looking at these:
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...52&subcat=2853
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...odid=SP-007-ZA

Any idea on the performance that would give me? Also, do they do those headphones in black?

Thanks!

If you're willing to spend money for them make sure they're of metal construction. After breaking 3 headphones in a year I bought some all metal headphones (except the cushioning of course) and the're still with me 10+ years later.
    Signature not found

Soooo I need a new set!
    Please advise!
    Much Love
    Mr Fluffy
    The box thing is usually called an amp or dac. I recommend the fiio e10k which is a very good amp and dac in one and a good place to start. It replaces your motherboards bad sound chip with a good one and provides extra power for headphones.

For headphones, true dedicated audio headphones + a separate clip on mic or yeti is the way to go value wise. It really depends what kind of music you like for me to recommend a headphone. Sennheiser sound is warm does classical, game audio, vocal mid centric music well. Denons, beyers, philips for the most part are v-shaped which emphasize bass and treble will do edm trance and bass centric music. Definitely do not get beats, skullcandy, or bose. Bose is okay but you pay a premium.
    Last edited by Sonatine185; 2015-10-22 at 09:30 PM.