10+ Year Old Account
    This is shaping into a great game in Boston.

Wash up 67-64 at half. IT has 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I didn't notice. John Wall has 23 in the first half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person who doesn't think the Celtics being the number 1 scoring team in the 4th quarter is necessarily a great record to have? To me, it just means they're always in close games late.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

No way Phaelix. Ask any baller, any REAL baller': it don't matter if you win by a point or by 30. Winning is winning.

- - - Updated - - -

But damn Celtics are staying in this. I get the feeling Washington is gonna choke at the end and let Boston win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No way Phaelix. Ask any baller, any REAL baller': it don't matter if you win by a point or by 30. Winning is winning.
    Right, which is why teams that have a decent lead going into the 4th almost always ease up and end up "losing" the quarter, but winning the game, which is my point exactly.

If you're scoring more than others in the 4th, it's usually because you're either playing harder due to it being a close game, or else you're playing down 20+ against a team that has put all bench players in.

I'd take the highest scoring 3rd quarter team over the highest scoring 4th quarter team any day.

- - - Updated - - -

You know who's the second highest scoring 4th quarter team by only 0.1 ppq (27.8 vs. 27.7)?

Brooklyn.

'Nuff said.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I guess you didn't get the Fast and the Furious reference...

I wonder which quarter ends up mattering most. I do think the third quarter is important because after halftime teams get to clear their heads and make adjustments.

- - - Updated - - -

*silently turns away for a second as you criticize my home team*

*collect myself*

Yeah but the top teams on that list...they aren't good lol. I'm not sure how relevant the statistic is.

- - - Updated - - -

Anddddddddd 110-110 Wiz ball with 1:38 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg it was 111-112 Washington down, but then this guy scored a 3 and Wiz are up 114-112 with 32.6 left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you didn't get the Fast and the Furious reference...
    Oops, no, didn't notice it originally. Listening to it with Dom's voice... I see it now, lol.

I wonder which quarter ends up mattering most. I do think the third quarter is important because after halftime teams get to clear their heads and make adjustments.
    I'd have to say my order would be: 3rd > 1st > 2nd > 4th, but that could be very subjective with a lot of other important factors depending on the team involved.

*silently turns away for a second as you criticize my home team*

*collect myself*
    Sorry, it wasn't meant as a direct criticism of the Nets. But objectively, they had the worst record in the league this year.

Yeah but the top teams on that list...they aren't good lol. I'm not sure how relevant the statistic is.
    Yeah, it was meant as a criticism of the statistic. When the top two teams with almost no separation are the number 1 seed in the east and the lowest record in the league, it means the stat isn't really relevant.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Lol Boston inbounded. IT got it and went in for a drive. He stopped and faked it. Wall, guarding him, didn't bite. IT went up again (after standing still for like a full second) and Wall smacked it out of bounds. Boston is taking another timeout.

- - - Updated - - -

Thomas got fouled. He has two free throws. He can tie it. (Still 114-112.)

- - - Updated - - -

Hits first.
    Hits second.

Tie game. Wiz get a time out with 14.4 left. We'll get either a buzzer beater or OT, it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Inbounded to Wall. He's short. Some other Wizard got it and shot but it was short too.

Overtime.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Not slow down Lebron but give team more looks and the ability to match up better. Nothing changed last night.
    FWIW, I kinda don't expect it from Dwane Casey at this point. Hard to believe he was one of the defensive masterminds behind Dallas' 2011 run.

The camera keeps focusing on these preppy rich white people in their celtics jerseys sitting in the front rows going crazy every time something happens lol. Who was it that said that Boston home crowd was quiet?

Boston is up 120-117 with like 2:20 left or something. This is gonna be demoralizing if Wizards lose now. They'll prob lose the entire series.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT is just fucking ridiculous.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    There's something magical watching a guy shorter than I am dropping a 50 bomb in an NBA game.

IT ends with 53 points. Boston wins in OT 129-119.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking hell. TNT immediately switched to GSW game. I wanted to see IT's post game interview.

I'm fucking pissed. At many many things that happened in this game. Don't feel like typing it all. Just...pissed.

Spreadsheet updated: It's only possible for Washington to win in 6 or 7. Allerius picked Wizards in 5 so he's definitely wrong. (Everyone beside him picked the series to end in 6 or 7. )

10+ Year Old Account
    SIGH

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    BB better wake up here if the Wizards want to make this a series.
    At the same time, those were two close games... in Boston. We'll see how the Wizards do in Washington.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

IT in post game on court talk said he did this tonight because of his sister. Today was her birthday and she'd have been 23.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    SIGH

10char
    I just got home. Not surprised but still somehow disappointed.

You almost had ME? You almost had your ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================