The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea how I'm tied for 2nd. Feels like I got none of the game counts right.

Cavs in 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Dont worry; 2016 Karma stroke back with Curry's ankle, Green bs suspension and Bogut's injury.

Not that this year has been much better coming to thid year's finals: Iguodala, Pachulia and Livingstone have questionably health.

Besides, yes this time Dubs can play some Iso when the team has not much juice left and SC defense improved dramatically, altho he's phisically and mentally unable to perform effective on ball D.

I hope refs start calling out illegal screens performed by GS, punish LbJ charges and travels and both Kyrie and Steph get some deserved attention with off the ball D.

Dunno if asking refs to do their job properly this time around is asking too much.
    Haha for sure that suspension was critical but I think that was Draymond's fault to be honest. Not really sure how you wrack up all those techs anyway. Definitely agree about the officiating. Both teams get away with some heinous shit. Illegal screens and charges all over the place not gettin called. Here's hoping to a classy well fought series and avoiding the flop-o-rama plaguing the NBA these days.

Okay. I'm gonna do the right thing and pick Golden State to win. I think they'll do it in...6. Lebron can win a couple of games (maybe).

GSW in 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Haha for sure that suspension was critical but I think that was Draymond's fault to be honest. Not really sure how you wrack up all those techs anyway.
    Most of Draymond's techs are for arguing with officials, which, meh. I wish we had separate stats for verbal techs and physical techs. I think they should reserve suspensions for physical techs and maybe just increase the fines on verbal techs.

Either way, Draymond's made a concerted effort this year to tone it down. Went from 21 techs last year to 14 this year. And the people with more techs? People like IT, Boogie, DAJ, Howard, Wall, and Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Here's hoping to a classy well fought series and avoiding the flop-o-rama plaguing the NBA these days.
    Very much agreed. I hate flopping, regardless of the sport. It's one of the few things I wish I could change about Draymond's game. But that holds true for most of the NBA, too, (even LeBron) so...

Anyway. As for my prediction: I really wish I had enough confidence to call a sweep, but... GSW in 5.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Like 46 hours until Game 1. I checked the sheet and almost everyone posted their predictions. @THE Bigzoman and @Allerius still need to post theirs. @xskarma needs to stop being shy and post a prediction, as well. (Ironic that I don't use Mentions, myself, but I'm using them here in lieu of PMing the missing members.)

-----

There was a video 2 days ago on like a media day, and a bunch of reported interviewed Lebron. And this one chick asked if MJ said anything to Lebron about the record, and Lebron just shook his head, wordlessly, saying no. Not like in a dramatic way, just in a "lemme think about it I'm thinking about it no" innocent kind of way.

What does that reporter think, that everyone in the NBA just chats up each other, lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zo is banned. I'm posting his predictions on his behalf. He says Clev in 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Wut? I haven't taken part in this game all playoffs, entering now would be pointless cause the rest of you have like 70 points. Even if I say something, there's BOUND to be one of the regulars that says the same outcome anyway, so it's not like I can get any virtual points for being original in my prediction. It all seems fairly pointless.

For what it's worth though, while thinking about this final I found that my sports hate for Lebron (He's made life hell for the Celtics for many years) isn't as big as my hatred for the complete pussy move of KD joining the Warriors. First KD doesn't show up when it matters in games 6 and 7 for OKC against the GSW last year, then comments he is glad that GSW lost the final against the Cavs, then signs with the damn GSW to create a superteam that was deemed the immediate runaway favourite for the title. The conflicting acts there make me greatly dislike Durant and it would give me no greater pleasure then to see his 2 faced "I hate them, I'm glad someone else did what I couldn't do/I love them I'm going to play with them" act turn into ashes as the Cavs beat the GSW again. What KD did may be "smart business", but it shows he doesn't have the competitive fire that makes me admire the truly great athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Even if I say something, there's BOUND to be one of the regulars that says the same outcome anyway, so it's not like I can get any virtual points for being original in my prediction.
    No one chose Cleveland in 4. That has your name written all over it.

Or you can be original and say "KD in 5" for Golden State or something if you think KD would be the reason they win. Or something else entirely. Originality is all up to you.

Wut? I haven't taken part in this game all playoffs, entering now would be pointless cause the rest of you have like 70 points. Even if I say something, there's BOUND to be one of the regulars that says the same outcome anyway, so it's not like I can get any virtual points for being original in my prediction. It all seems fairly pointless.
    Who cares about points or someone picking the same thing as you, everything is just for fun so at the end of the season we can all look back and see how things played out according to what we expected. If I recall correctly, you're interested in literally the exact same thing in the NFL thread...

For what it's worth though, while thinking about this final I found that my sports hate for Lebron (He's made life hell for the Celtics for many years) isn't as big as my hatred for the complete pussy move of KD joining the Warriors. First KD doesn't show up when it matters in games 6 and 7 for OKC against the GSW last year, then comments he is glad that GSW lost the final against the Cavs, then signs with the damn GSW to create a superteam that was deemed the immediate runaway favourite for the title. The conflicting acts there make me greatly dislike Durant and it would give me no greater pleasure then to see his 2 faced "I hate them, I'm glad someone else did what I couldn't do/I love them I'm going to play with them" act turn into ashes as the Cavs beat the GSW again. What KD did may be "smart business", but it shows he doesn't have the competitive fire that makes me admire the truly great athletes.
    Word. Well said. I also don't want GSW/KD to win just for the reasons you mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got post 20'd so dunno if you saw it, but Bigzo says Clev in 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup you can throw me in the same group. I respect that KD is an amazing player, but leaving OKC for GSW was really pathetic imo. I know he deserves a ring but to further stack the best team in the already stacked West? Is that really how you want to win a championship?

I really hope they lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Got post 20'd so dunno if you saw it, but Bigzo says Clev in 7
    Yeah I saw it and added him, don't worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw while we're on "special predictions", I think KD goes out of his way to play hard (partially to validate his "it was the right choice for me to join the 73 win team, we won, see?") and plays hard in the Finals. And I bet the Warriors take a back seat and let him act like team leader, too. And I bet he gets Finals MVP.

Btw Steve Kerr is still not going out by the courtside to coach during the games.

—STEVE KERR 1-on-1 interview transcript/

-Q: You look better, for sure, the last few days. Has there been a step forward the last few days?

-KERR: Yeah. Yeah. I’ve gotten a little better. Addressing the media yesterday, running practice the last
    couple days, it’s been better.

So that’s good. We’ll see where it goes.

-Q: Is it an energy-level thing? Can you describe what it is you’re evaluating as you decide whether you can coach now?

-KERR: It’s a pain thing and the repercussions of pain. I’ve been dealing with it for almost two years. I’ve been able to deal with it for the most part.

It’s not a cognitive thing. It’s not even really an energy thing. It’s a pain thing. And the threshold is really important–what’s the threshold?

For whatever reason, I don’t know why, but a month ago, man, it got worse. You could see it, I’m sure, interviewing me.

-Q: For sure you could tell after Game 2 (of the Portland series).

-KERR: It was kind of those last couple of days. Like after Game 1, Game 2, for whatever reason, things just got worse.

I knew I couldn’t have coached if I’d tried the next few games.

That’s when I went and pursued some things and now I’m back and, you know, feeling a little better. What that means, I don’t know.

There’s a lot for me to assess in terms of my… whether I should jump out there.

We’re doing fine without me. Honestly I don’t think it’ll matter too much to the team. I think the team will be fine no matter what we do.

Because we’re going to do the same stuff. I’m there. I’ve been messaging and watching film and breaking down everything.

And I’ll do that before and after the game whether I’m coaching or not.

But it’s just a weird, weird situation.
    I can see pain being a legitimate excuse, actually. I can see him being distracted and not following what happens on court, in which case he'd be detrimental to actually be the one the team looks to for game plans and how to execute stuff better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    If I recall correctly, you're interested in literally the exact same thing in the NFL thread...
    Well, the NFL thread thing (which I forgot about we did actually, second time that's happened) is actually set up that with a good guess in the final prediction round you can still conceivably win it (small chance, but it's there) so over there it makes some sense.

But fine, I'll do it AND I'll be original.

My prediction: Golden State Warriors in 7 BUT Lebron James gets the snitch...I mean the Finals MVP.

I don't think the NBA is progressive enough to give LBJ the Finals MVP if GS wins. I think for sure they'll give it to KD just to validate his existence. (Unless Steph Curry does some crazy physics bending shit.)

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh. Lebron James has an LA home (worth $21 mil, wtf), and someone sprayed the N word on the gate.

Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James said "being black in America is tough" in response to the news that Los Angeles police were investigating a racial slur spray-painted on the front gate of one of his homes.

Capt. Patricia Sandoval, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department, said an unidentified person spray-painted the N-word on the front gate. Police are investigating it as an act of vandalism and possible hate crime.

James spoke of the incident during NBA Finals media day on Wednesday.

"As I sit here on the eve of one of the greatest sporting events we have, race and what is going on comes again," he said. "On my behalf, family's behalf, I look at this as if this sheds a light and keeps the conversation going. My family is safe, that's most important.

"Just shows that racism will always be a part of the world, part of America. Hate in America especially for African-Americans is living every day. It is hidden most days. It is alive every single day. I think back to Emmett Till's mom and the reason she had an open casket, she wanted to show the world what her son went through in terms of a hate crime in America. No matter how much money you have, how famous you are, how much people admire you, being black in America is tough."

In 1955, Till, who was 14, was brutally beaten and killed by two white men in Mississippi after the teenager had an encounter with the wife of one of the men. Till's mother wanted the world to see what had happened to her son and held an open casket funeral. Till then became a symbol of the Civil Rights movement.

The Brentwood home is not James' primary residence. Sandoval told The Associated Press that James wasn't home at the time. She said the property manager told officers they believe the incident was captured on surveillance video.

She said someone painted over the slur before officers arrived on early Wednesday morning.

James bought the house in 2015 for roughly $20.9 million. It is 9,440 square feet.
    I feel like this being racist is a bit irrelevant, compared to it being before the crucial NBA Finals. I'm more annoyed about it being a distraction before Lebron has to face a super team for a championship. Zzzzzz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't think the NBA is progressive enough to give LBJ the Finals MVP if GS wins. I think for sure they'll give it to KD just to validate his existence. (Unless Steph Curry does some crazy physics bending shit.)
    Of course they're not. Everyone knew he deserved it the first finals they met GS and lost cause no one else was healthy. That was the first time Lebron had lived up to his potential when it counted and really impressed me. It was just a beauty to watch. They gave MVP to Iguodala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well, if it was common to give the losing team the MVP of the finals then my prediction wouldn't be special anymore. That was the whole point. It's so extremely unlikely to happen that if it DOES happen, I can say "called it" and look cool to the like 3 people who would care on this internet gaming forum.

- - - Updated - - -

(honestly I mostly just wanted to make a Harry Potter joke)

Oh that was Harry Potter? I was wondering wtf you were talking about lol...

Warriors too stacked this year, gimme GS in 6. With Lebron having to guard KD a bunch I don't think he'll have enough to carry both sides of the floor.

I updated the spreadsheet. There's a new section for the point totals for everyone so far. It's basically on par with what Stommped said before.

10+ Year Old Account
    GAME DAY !!!

looks like i officially can't win unless i change my pick which i don't wanna do since i don't think the warriors will win if they don't do it in 5. either they stomp or lebron hangs in there until game 7 and dominates. maybe they can win in cleveland on game 6 and i'm crazy who knows.

that whole thing with the N word on lebron's home is depressing as hell. no doubt some idiot kids trying to ruin the finals mood for everyone.

I think Bron can win MVP and not win series easily. Warriors can take turns having big games, while Bron averages 45/17/12/10/9 but Cavs still lose in 6 (lol they are winning the series easily, but hypo). curry for 45 in g1, Durantuala for 87 in game 2, Dick Kicker with a 25/12/12 in g3, Klay Day for 38 on 12/12 3s in game 4, random 20s across the board in g5 and then Livingston and Iggy carry a hungover GS in g6.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================