10+ Year Old Account
    I've been kinda avoiding the thread 'cause I'm salty about the Jazz sucking the last few games. At least Hayward got a career high 38 points...

Re: MVP I'll keep my opinion short and sweet. Averaging a triple double is insanity. I N S A N I T Y. Insanity. Doesn't matter your team's record, I honestly think it's worth an MVP award alone.

Triple doubles are overrated. 10/10/10 isn't as good as 30/9/9. It's kind of an extreme example, and I'm also sure that Westbrook is averaging more than 10 PPG, but it shows that it's a little ridiculous of a threshold to monitor.

Btw I actually uninstalled NBA app from my phone cause they would send me a notification any time anyone got a triple double.

Oh man I jinked OKC by [sarcastically] mentioning how good Serge Ibaka was.

Robin Lopez and Serge Ibaka suspended one game each for throwing punches at each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Utah,

Please don't give up 34 points in the first quarter. You're the best scoring defense in the NBA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Triple doubles are overrated. 10/10/10 isn't as good as 30/9/9. It's kind of an extreme example, and I'm also sure that Westbrook is averaging more than 10 PPG, but it shows that it's a little ridiculous of a threshold to monitor.
    I dunno, I think any triple double is impressive. I mean 10 dimes alone is 20+ points for your team and 10 rebounds potentially denies points/possessions from your opponent. Any points you personally add is just icing on the cake. And to average that kind of contribution for an entire season? I dunno. That has to be rewarded somehow.

I strongly believe Westbrook stat pads and his usage is just insanely high (not a good thing) but still...
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2017-03-24 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A kid dropped 70 points for the Suns in a loss, crazy.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knicks Joakim Noah banned 20 games for violating the drug policy. He was found to have been taking an over the counter dietary product that contained SARMs. Since he is currently not able to play due to injury, the suspension won't begin until he is able to play again next season.

Really? He looks so skinny. I mean if you're gonna roid up at least do it properly.

I'm still mad at Chicago for giving NYK their problem players.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Really? He looks so skinny. I mean if you're gonna roid up at least do it properly.

I'm still mad at Chicago for giving NYK their problem players.
    A lot of time steroids can be prescribed to help with injuries. He was most likely taking what he did for that reason.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    A lot of time steroids can be prescribed to help with injuries. He was most likely taking what he did for that reason.
    Plus I read that the drug that he took isn't even banned anymore under the new CBA which starts in July. Feels like 20 games is a harsh suspension for something that the league will no longer have a problem with in roughly 3 months, plus when guys who have fucked up with law have gotten significantly fewer games. But Noah has already stated he won't contest the suspension, very strange to me. Why not appeal it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Plus I read that the drug that he took isn't even banned anymore under the new CBA which starts in July. Feels like 20 games is a harsh suspension for something that the league will no longer have a problem with in roughly 3 months, plus when guys who have fucked up with law have gotten significantly fewer games. But Noah has already stated he won't contest the suspension, very strange to me. Why not appeal it?
    Probably because the Knicks' season is a disaster anyhow and he doesn't care.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Probably because the Knicks' season is a disaster anyhow and he doesn't care.
    But a suspension means he doesn't get paid for those games. Of course he doesn't care about the Knicks but why wouldn't he care about the $$$. It's like $4 Mil

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Re: MVP I'll keep my opinion short and sweet. Averaging a triple double is insanity. I N S A N I T Y. Insanity. Doesn't matter your team's record, I honestly think it's worth an MVP award alone.
    To me, the all time greatest is Oscar, and he's the only one to ever average a triple double (and essentially, he averaged a TD for 4 straight seasons). And true, some shit guard like Rondo can throw up a lot of triple doubles by being a shitty scorer but strong distributor, knowing he is a shit scorer, works harder on rebounds so he can average something like 12/11/11 for a month. But Russ is also averaging over 31 points per game... which is higher than Harden. Almost 3 more boards per game and not even 1 assist per game less.

Now, I'd be a bit annoyed if Harden got it over Russ, but he would certainly be deserving of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    He knew the rules and broke them. Punishment is 100% deserved. Just like all those drug dealers and users who know weed is illegal. To me, that makes it worse. If you KNOW something is wrong and you do it anyways... you should get punished worse. If you slip up and didn't know something over the counter had something from a ban list... then i can definitely be more lenient.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, real talk... anyone else "worried" about Bron and the Cavs? They got lit up by Spurs last night, with Kyrie and Love not even getting into double figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    no trying to discredit GOATbrook but the rockets were 8 seed last year and finished with a 41-41 record, they lose an all-star and somehow climb to 3 seed with already 10 more wins? i just hope the voting is close and not a blowout. and don't forget we also have lebron whose team cannot get a w w/o him and is averaging career high in rebound and assist as well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    To me, the all time greatest is Oscar, and he's the only one to ever average a triple double (and essentially, he averaged a TD for 4 straight seasons). And true, some shit guard like Rondo can throw up a lot of triple doubles by being a shitty scorer but strong distributor, knowing he is a shit scorer, works harder on rebounds so he can average something like 12/11/11 for a month. But Russ is also averaging over 31 points per game... which is higher than Harden. Almost 3 more boards per game and not even 1 assist per game less.

Now, I'd be a bit annoyed if Harden got it over Russ, but he would certainly be deserving of it.

- - - Updated - - -

He knew the rules and broke them. Punishment is 100% deserved. Just like all those drug dealers and users who know weed is illegal. To me, that makes it worse. If you KNOW something is wrong and you do it anyways... you should get punished worse. If you slip up and didn't know something over the counter had something from a ban list... then i can definitely be more lenient.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, real talk... anyone else "worried" about Bron and the Cavs? They got lit up by Spurs last night, with Kyrie and Love not even getting into double figures.
    That's what happens when you rely on one guy in a team sport. I figure he has been playing hurt for a while, and he has been getting bumped around lately. He just doesn't have the guys behind him to make up for his offense when he isn't on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's what happens when you rely on one guy in a team sport. I figure he has been playing hurt for a while, and he has been getting bumped around lately. He just doesn't have the guys behind him to make up for his offense when he isn't on the floor.
    Kyrie though... he's the one. Him being hurt is why they didn't beat the Warriors the first time, and damn sure the reason they did in the rematch. Just like Wade though, Bron has never had healthy, reliable henchmen. When he does, the rings roll on in.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrie though... he's the one. Him being hurt is why they didn't beat the Warriors the first time, and damn sure the reason they did in the rematch. Just like Wade though, Bron has never had healthy, reliable henchmen. When he does, the rings roll on in.
    Yeah, that is also true. Love being hurt doesn't help. Some media think that the East is pretty well up for grabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Per FiveThirtyEight, Cleveland is now ranked 4th in the East behind the Celtics, Raptors, and Wizards, with only a 2% probability to win the Finals again.

The problem is that their defense has become the worst in the league. Literally. Highest OPPG in March. And despite their offense, they're near the bottom of the net rating, as well.

But apparently Ty Lue has "secret" plans to fix the defense... he just doesn't want to tip his hand too early and give teams a chance to adjust before the playoffs. Riiiight.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

God James passed Shaq to become 7th highest all time scorer (like 28,000 points).

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/03/3...r-scoring-list

I suggest watching the video (all of it). It's good.

Lebron is the classiest guy in the nba. Franchise face for sure even if some other guys (looking at Steph and KD) take some spotlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame his team is in the slumps right now...at the worst possible time. I hope they're just resting up or something because if this is how they're going to play in the playoffs they're not going to make it far.