Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
    Something's wrong when you can't even expect meeting the cops without getting beat up or killed.
    Your estimation of statistical likelihoods, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Here's some of the officers. It doesn't appear racially motivated. He bit one of them?
    Glad hub has some common sense. Nowhere did I mention race. This is a law enforcement issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    What's wrong with the cops down there, or do these stories just do so well that they are dug up constantly.
    That's the sad part. Think about all of the situations that aren't dug up. I imagine they vastly outnumber the ones that are. The police have their own society that dictates "us vs. them"

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Your estimation of statistical likelihoods, for one.
    You mean yours, since most police officers are indeed corrupt, and proven many, many times.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post

Let's define "cops". Are we talking about the tens of thousands of men and women who have the guts to wake up and don a blue shirt every single day, not knowing whether or not they're going to be coming back home to their families for an evening dinner? Or are we talking about the few who the mainstream media blow up and paint as apparently legalized extremists because it conveniently pushes their social reform agendas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    "let's demonize all cops based on the actions of a few"

the TL/DR of this thread.
    While the majority of cops may be good, there are way more than just "a few bad apples". Especially if you consider the cases where whole departments help to cover up transgressions.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/181312.pdf

"It is sometimes acceptable to use more force than is legally allowable to control someone who physically assaults an officer."

Stongly Agree / Agree : 24,5%

"Always following the rules is not compatible with getting the job done."

Strongly Agree / Agree : 42,9%

"Police officers in [your department] use more force than is necessary to make an arrest."

Never: 16%
    Seldom: 62,4%
    Sometimes / Often / Always: 21,7%

"Police officers in [your department] respond to verbal abuse with physical force."

Never: 31,8%
    Seldom: 53,5%
    Sometimes / Often / Always: 14,7%

"Whistle blowing is not worth it."

Strongly Agree / Agree : 24,9%

"An officer who reports another officer’s misconduct is likely to be given the cold shoulder by his or her fellow officers."

Strongly Agree / Agree : 67,4%

"It is not unusual for a police officer to turn a blind eye to improper conduct by other officers."

Strongly Agree / Agree : 52,4%

"Police officers always report serious criminal violations involving abuse of authority by fellow officers."

Strongly Disagree / Disagree : 61%

These numbers are terrifying. And we don't know how many answered 100% honest. So the reality might be far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post

Let's define "cops". Are we talking about the tens of thousands of men and women who have the guts to wake up and don a blue shirt every single day, not knowing whether or not they're going to be coming back home to their families for an evening dinner?
    https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-ap...ies.png&w=1484
    Last edited by Alakallanar; 2015-10-16 at 05:24 PM.

All cops are like this lets blame all cops in mmo-champ spirit!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

UPDATE: Even the involuntary manslaughter charges got dropped. This fucking country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-death-n445951