Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Some form of character progression. Character progressions can come in many ways.
    are masteries not character progression? is getting ascended gear and legendaries not character progression?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Missed my point completely. When you grind for a legendary skin or something equally as impressive, it takes longer several times over than keeping gear relevant in those games. Basically it really isn't a chore keeping basic gear up to date that some people make it out to be. Especially WoW.
    Out of curiosity, what do you define as grind exactly? I tend to think of it is having to do an activity repetitively, an activity I wouldn't otherwise do, to get some desired reward. So for me GW2 has no grind because I have a wide variety of things to do which I enjoy to get to my goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Missed my point completely. When you grind for a legendary skin or something equally as impressive, it takes longer several times over than keeping gear relevant in those games. Basically it really isn't a chore keeping basic gear up to date that some people make it out to be. Especially WoW.
    Keeping up with the raiders, not a chore? Lol. It's the "chore" of esoteric tomes that burned me out on FF14 for the time being. It's that same feeling and a hundred other reasons I quit WoW. "I gotta do this, that, and this other today so I can keep up with my raiding folks". Zzzzzz...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you define as grind exactly? I tend to think of it is having to do an activity repetitively, an activity I wouldn't otherwise do, to get some desired reward. So for me GW2 has no grind because I have a wide variety of things to do which I enjoy to get to my goals.
    For myself, the grind is just the work grind. If you feel you have to do some task over and over in order to do the activity you want.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    For myself, the grind is just the work grind. If you feel you have to do some task over and over in order to do the activity you want.
    AH, yea I get that. I mean yea I was sad I couldn't just shoot through the story like I wanted to and had to stop to get a mastery a couple of times but honestly getting the XP isn't difficult. Plus being able to use all the XP buffs makes a huge difference. I went back and played the the parts of the story up to where I had to stop on another character and did a bunch of events in the zones, which on the whole I am REALLY enjoying the events in the zones. Also got a bunch of friends together to do Hero Challenges, you really do get a good chunk of XP for those. And adventures are nice as well, though I can't remember for sure if I got XP for those or not.

I guess I just really benefit from the fact I really like all the PvE activities so none of it feels grindy to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumaku13 View Post
    LMAO! Warlords of Draenor (WOD) crafting system is utterly horrendous and historically this has also been the case. It is literally login for the day, do a daily cooldown and wait behind gated profession crafting materials. There is NOTHING complex or engaging about giving materials to a Garrison vendor, and the fact that you can max level a profession in the first week of an expansion BLOWS. The only time it was ever even vaguely interesting was during TBC expansion.

GW2's crafting system is very grindy but by comparison I would say it's much more engaging than WoW, period. Honestly, professions is one of the major weak links (among other things) in WoD and it's one of the aims for the next Legion expansion to hopefully add some more depth and complexity, as Blizz is boasting that their profession team has "doubled."

Honestly, I don't mind having multiple avenues of gear progression. I would even prefer GW2's profession model to be implimented into WoW to give players who can't fully commit to Raiding/PvP/PvE something else to work towards.

OT: Hoping to come back to GW2 some time and resume my crafting efforts and see what changes have been made. Looks to be some work to do and I enjoy the grindy nature tbh.
    Least I didn't have to hit the AH to finish leveling all my profs in WoW like I had to do in GW2 by spending 143g to finish cooking, LW, AS, and JC. Basically, te lowered recipes are too mat intensive for my tastes and are unrealistic to farm without wasting a fuck ton of time. So yes, I like the shitty WoW system more even knowing its complete shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Keeping up with the raiders, not a chore? Lol. It's the "chore" of esoteric tomes that burned me out on FF14 for the time being. It's that same feeling and a hundred other reasons I quit WoW. "I gotta do this, that, and this other today so I can keep up with my raiding folks". Zzzzzz...
    It really isn't that much of a chore at all. Sounds like you just give up too easily tbh. Also, seeing how raiders (hardcore ones that is) are an extreme minority in FFXIV, who said you had to keep up with them? Sounds like you're just creating problems for yourself to make excuses.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Doing 1 dungeon a day that takes roughly 20 minutes and then going about your other activities sure sounds like a huge grindy chore to me!
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2015-10-27 at 01:13 AM.