Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Or is the talent/skill/trait UI utterly awful? I hadn't played in quite some time, probably since early 2014. The trait/skill allocation UI was never very intuitive or comfortable to use, but now it's ridiculous. Hat weird circle thing they have now is obnoxious. I feel like a need a decoder ring to figure out how spec a character. It's almost enough to make me not want to play.
    Same situation for me, came back, noticed the circle thing - didn't like it because it's freaking hard to preview stuff... in the end it doesn't really matter because you end up learning everything anyway, but man it's really ugly.

The inventory is *always* full of garbage too. It's rather obvious that they want you to buy inventory space sooner or later.
    And while there are probably hotkeys for each menu, it's really not "easy" to navigate through "whatever the menu is called you get when pressing H".

I've found several reasons why I don't want to start playing this game again, this is one of the reasons... the other ones are: Bad (dungeon) PvE (just why do you have to skip everything to even remotely enjoy it?), really heavy spell animations and clusterfucks and very annoying sounds all over the place... if you play the game with default sound settings, it's unbearable.

Overall, glad I didn't fall for the addon hype.

Game is still one of the best when it comes to open-world roaming though.. so much stuff to look at and listen too, so many events and cool World Bosses etc etc.

Oh and there is also the issue with currencies in this game... you get *0* information about most of them if you arn't up to date, you have to figure out everything yourself, it's really bothersome, because there are like 30-40 different currencies.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-10-25 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Same situation for me, came back, noticed the circle thing - didn't like it because it's freaking hard to preview stuff... in the end it doesn't really matter because you end up learning everything anyway, but man it's really ugly.
    It just doesn't make sense to me since a nice column would have been so much easier, why did they think a wheel made sense?

Game is still one of the best when it comes to open-world roaming though.. so much stuff to look at and listen too, so many events and cool World Bosses etc etc.
    It's one of the issues, since this is what I enjoyed doing is roaming around and stuff, that folks wanted more challenge/ "endgame", so they're adding these elements that in many ways hinder me roaming!

Oh and there is also the issue with currencies in this game... you get *0* information about most of them if you arn't up to date, you have to figure out everything yourself, it's really bothersome, because there are like 30-40 different currencies.
    They added like 5 new currencies! WTF! Every time they trim a couple or whatever, they come up with double what they trimmed. I understand the logic of "we don't want someone stockpiling stuff (except gems, buy more gems!) and then being able to use it for new content because then they won't do the new content", but in that case they really should give some kind of cash out option for currencies as they go "defunct".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post

Of all complaints this one is very petty. I played WoW for a very long time and every time I quit + rejoined I had to spend an hour configuring all of my addons. I will be doing the same thing in Legion. Astounding how someone who plays MMOs doesn't have the patience to click around a menu for 30 seconds.
    You can play WoW without addons just fine, because the UI itself is pretty reasonable to begin with.
    I skipped cata and 95% of MoP and didn't have as many problems finding whatever was new at that time.

GW2 changed quite a few things but didn't fix the ones that needed attention imho.

best example would be the crafting menu, the most disorganized pile of sh- I've ever seen, yet the most rewarding crafting system (in terms of usefullness and what you need to do to advance) there is right now.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-10-25 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I don't mean traits. I mean skills. Repaying for something I should own is not cool. It might be a small thing, but when you combine all the small things that annoy me in GW2, you can gather a whole bag.
    Except you aren't repaying for them. They refunded all the points acquired through leveling and skill points/hero challenges and the excess was converted into spirit shards which are needed for everything not skill related skill points were used for. All you are really doing is reallocating the points.

Yeah, it's pretty common to reset specs in every MMO I've played when they redo things.

What may feel different this time is because they combined traits and skills into one currency (Hero Points).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

My only pet peeve with the hero points:

The icon change for them, at least in pre-HoT zones. The blue chevron was so easy to see (and determine if you had completed it or not). The new icon blends in with the map too much, at least in the old zones, and even in HoT zones, I have to mouse over the icons and read to be sure whether or not it's a hp I had completed or not. There's a difference in hue with the new ones (when completed vs. not complete), but it's not as easy to discern as the good ol' blue chevron.

Yes! The new icon does blend in way too much

Deleted
    My only issue with the new icon is that its opacity doesn't change with the tier of the map you have selected. Waypoints, points of interest, vistas etc. are all greyed out if, for example, they're in the canopy and you're in the roots.

It means that often figuring out where a hero point is involved standing right on top of it / under it, then mousing over to see how far away it is and in which direction (up or down) then trying to work out how far that is and what the correct way to gain that height is, instead of just seeing from first glance that it's on the canopy by the fact it would have low opacity + a little arrow pointing up.

Haven't had an issue with the colour but everyone's colour perception is different.

The fact they added the little up/down arrows and explicitly state above/below when mousing over them is a godsend for these new zones. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I would've rage quit by now. :P

Deleted
    If there were no up/down arrows then Tangled Depths would be a fresh hell for map completion

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    If there were no up/down arrows then Tangled Depths would be a fresh hell for map completion
    Also double indeed on this one. There's also a story where you have to follow the green circles through the zone, but there is no way to tell which level the green circle is on. Which can make it super frustrating to try and figure out where you are going and how you need to get there >< This wasn't previously an issue so I'm curious what's going on in the new zones that makes this be a thing.