Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Should Blizzard make servers that arent cross realmed?

Hey, am i the only one who miss the time that servers had a community, and when you Hung out in major cities you knew the people you saw and even the guilds they were in. Nowadays people might aswell be Npc's... So my idea is that Blizzard introduce a few servers that arent cross realmed in zones( obviously they would still need to be cross Realmed in bg's, Lfg etc).

Anyway! Might just be me, what is your opinion on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MalfTM View Post
    Hey, am i the only one who miss the time that servers had a community, and when you Hung out in major cities you knew the people you saw and even the guilds they were in. Nowadays people might aswell be Npc's... So my idea is that Blizzard introduce a few servers that arent cross realmed in zones( obviously they would still need to be cross Realmed in bg's, Lfg etc).

All i remember before cross server were empty cities and zones all to myself... I wish blizzard would just merge the servers since we have way too many for no reason

10+ Year Old Account
    The last thing we need is more realms. Cities are empty enough already.

Take it one step further, no server should be forced crz opt-in like it is now. Everything should be like Draenor/mop pre-expansion where in order to phase to another server you had to be invited onto it by a native.
    Last edited by Talby; 2015-10-27 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope never cared. And I'm sure most other people didn't care either.

Deleted
    Guess that depends if you were on a high populated server back then.

I'd certainly never reroll to be on such a server, but I do get annoyed having to compete for rare spawns against people from other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by mottaman View Post
    All i remember before cross server were empty cities and zones all to myself... I wish blizzard would just merge the servers since we have way too many for no reason
    Dat server transfer cash doe...

Perhaps the reason why there are no communities anymore is because of arbitrary people like you who treat other players like NPCs simply because of what realm their character is physically hosted on. Realm communities existed due to technical limitations not because it was ever intended to actually be a thing and because of all the cross realm tech we have now we can make any community we want with whoever we want without being limited by technology. It is amazing how you people incessantly whine about these tools that can give you the very thing you claim is no longer possible in Wow.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2015-10-27 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    Sure why not, i miss having the closerknit community aspect

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ didn't kill community, LFG did. CRZ has helped a ton, in low level zones, the only place you see it it is intended only to create the illusion of a populated world for new players. It serves no other function, and I don't know why people feel the need to bitch about it.

The only problem I have with CRZ, is how realm hopping as essentially made farming any kind of super rare a royal pain in the ass. I think the tech needs improvements to only zone you into a new server if the group leader is in the same area as you. (This should also apply to grouping in raid groups and questing. I am sure it is not far fetched for the developers to create an augorithim that only initiates raid quest lockout, or realm hopping if over like.. 10% of the members of your group are in your area.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2015-10-27 at 06:30 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

They need to merge more servers. CRZ sucks. You get all of the negatives of having a higher population server (competition for mobs, people being jerks, rare spawn camping (not an issue on TI/WoD, but is for Cata/Wrath rares), and competition for resources) without any of the benefits (healthier AH, larger pool of people to draw from for groups/raids).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the main issues I have at least is when ferrying people on my flying mount and watching the fall off or lag behind when changing zones..

Deleted
    Blizzard should just stop beating around the bush and merge realms.
    CRZ didn't help. Virtual realms did fuck all.

It's either pay for the move to high pop server or live in a ghost town at the moment.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Blizzard should just stop beating around the bush and merge realms.
    CRZ didn't help. Virtual realms did fuck all.

It's either pay for the move to high pop server or live in a ghost town at the moment.
    Yeah be good for sure, would like to see on my end, the six Oceanic PVE realms become one mega server and the same with the six Oceanic PVP realms to become one mega. server..

They need to merge more servers. I play on Laughing Skull server which I believe was merged with Cho'gal and one other server (I forget the name atm). Anyways they combined 3 servers that are Horde heavy in population but very light in alliance population. It feels like it is 8:1 horde to alliance. When Doomroller pops, there are 50+ horde there and 1 or 2 alliance that try to get a tag before they are killed. It's stupid.

Deleted
    what is your opinion on this?
    Yes. They should also have single-difficulty realms. Like "mythic only" realm where all PvE content (quests, 5 mans, raids) is tuned to be difficult. Also no character transfers in there (like PvE -> PvP used to be) and no cross-realm anything (you can only interact with players on your own realm).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Each character should have a free transfer on 6 month cooldown. But Blizzard makes too much money from people escaping dead realms (that Blizzard's poor game design caused in the first place). It's the new profit >>> everything Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a912a5; 2015-10-27 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Not the cross realm fault, nor the realm itself. It's mostly the people on the realm if you feel the community feels closed in. I don't think we need more servers, we don't need new ones either, nor mega servers. I would rather see the merged server as one server without the phasing problems handling, and the cross realmed one to be assest for connection.

Even on heavy populated realms, you can feel like a stranger on the field.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-10-27 at 08:07 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Zones and cities are way too overcrowded atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes, you are the only one. I never knew anyone outside my raiding guild in Classic and TBC. Now my realm is merged and still low pop...with Cross realm it has at least some bearable activity

- - - Updated - - -

If you lost it, blame yourself. Stop blaming LFR or similar things. If people really loved their realms and community so much, why the fuck did they do LFR instead. Easier loot? Auto-matchmaking? Whatever it is, don't blame your tool, blame the one who uses it because it is oh so convenient.

No, I really disagree...it is a tool. Do not use it if you hate the consequences. You can STILL make your own groups without matchmaking. As much as I hate the NRA and guns in America, I still know that guns don't kill but stupid people who think they need them for stupid reasons. Your saw does not cut of your finger it is you being careless. Take responsibility. Don't tell me you cannot find 5 or 10 or 40 ppl on your server that think like you. MMO C certainly is full of "LFR and LFG are ze CANCER" There should be like minded people who would group with you, but all I see is people talking the talk but not walking the walk.
    You just cant face the fact that Blizzard may have made a mistake can you? To blame the players for using the very tools that Blizzard implemented, encouraged and reduced game difficulty for is laughable. You need to stop looking at things from a ridiculously bias position and realize if you encourage use of a system that removes the need need for social interaction don't be surprised if it kills social interaction.

The game used to have server communities - now it doesn't, the only thing that changed was the game.