Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You can do better, put some thought in to it.
    Trying to cover your trail eh Wells? We're smarter than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Watched it again, still didn't hear slaves mentioned.

I agree.
    Let's see. She's black, so I would hazard a guess those pictures on her desk aren't of a bunch of Hispanic or Caucasian people picking cotton for monetary compensation. Just saying, it's pretty obvious what she is referring to by that little comment.

Why she felt the need to interrupt him and bring any of it up is a little beyond me. First time in my life I've heard of someone being offended by the term "hard worker" though.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    A black person telling a hispanic person that he can't use the term "hard-worker"....yeah, I hope the irony dawned on her later.
    Doubt it... she is black after all.

She basically pulled a Kanye, "Look i'm gonna let you finish, but i'm gonna talk about something irrelevant, off-topic, and unrelated to complete derail this argument."
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2015-10-27 at 05:10 AM.

I can't even be surprised or amused anymore.

Will These people go away once they run out of ways to lower the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

You underestimate the limits of how far the bar can be lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Go to the 40 second mark, she says "folks working in cotton fields", she is clearly referring to slaves.
    Like I mentioned earlier, whilst it might be most common for Americans to equate workers in cotton-fields with slavery, it also represents hard, physical labour, and the other example she gives definitely has nothing to do with slavery. If the message she was trying to give is "hard work can only apply to slaves" like the OP states, why wouldn't she use the word "slave," and why would she mention parents on low incomes?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. - Robert A. Heinlein
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

She's immensely stupid. I honestly dislike her a lot. She's like the Left's version of that loud-mouth talkshow host who's name escapes me at the moment but I can see his angry red face. I haven't really watched Cable news much lately but to see her dumbass on the same station as Rachel Maddow offends me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Newsflash for my fellow African Americans. Bad shit happens in the world all the time.
    It's even better when you remember that historically white and middle eastern people were used for organized slavery long before blacks were, and Africa actually had it's own internal slave trade going when the Europeans showed up, albeit was a much nicer form of slavery. The Europeans capitalized on this market and expanded it, but the practice was already long standing and the African traders welcomed them with open arms, they didn't just show up and start kidnapping people (although that did happen in some areas later on as the slave market boomed). In fact, it was the other way around, most of the kidnapping was black on black, as the native tribes took slaves as spoils of war, tribute or kidnapping on their own, before turning around and selling to the Europeans.

I am very liberal.. and even I was speechless watching that video.

No one is fucking denying that slaves were shit on and that it was a horrible time in our nation's history. Well, I should say most people aren't. However the guy didn't use "hard-worker" in relation to that topic. It had nothing to do with the topic at hand. She took it as off-topic as that particular conversation could have gone.

I like to think being a hard worker is relative. Relative to your peers in some contexts and relative to the rest of the world in others. NOT relative to the entirety of human civization. For fucks sake.

You know what I picture when I hear hard worker? I picture my dad who worked his ass off to raise me and my brother, while taking night classes at the community college so he get educated to make better money. I also picture my mom, who did the same. I wouldn't be where I am or be as motivated as I am to better myself if it wasn't for them. THEY were hard-workers in modern america.

While I have no love for the Republican party at the moment (Not a liberal, I am a moderate). That was entirely uncalled for and a low blow that was a hail merry of reaches and honestly have zero relevance to the topic at hand.

I can understand her referring to current manufacturing jobs or even current farmhands as hard workers, that is at least not too bad. But to go back to slavery, that is just too much.

Off-topic, what would have been equally uncalled for but a shit load more original and interesting would be if she tried to equate them to the hard work and abuse the Irish had in this nation when they were still unofficially slaves and treated even worse. At least then it would have took some mental work to paint the picture and would not have made her to look so racist on it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Well done lady, your stupidity shocked me. Wow..

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzou View Post
    I am very liberal.. and even I was speechless watching that video.

No one is fucking denying that slaves were shit on and that it was a horrible time in our nation's history. Well, I should say most people aren't. However the guy didn't use "hard-worker" in relation to that topic. It had nothing to do with the topic at hand. She took it as off-topic as that particular conversation could have gone.

I like to think being a hard worker is relative. Relative to your peers in some contexts and relative to the rest of the world in others. NOT relative to the entirety of human civization. For fucks sake.

You know what I picture when I hear hard worker? I picture my dad who worked his ass off to raise me and my brother, while taking night classes at the community college so he get educated to make better money. I also picture my mom, who did the same. I wouldn't be where I am or be as motivated as I am to better myself if it wasn't for them. THEY were hard-workers in modern america.
    Yeah, unfortunately that's what ends up happening in a lot of those talk shows. People find any opportunity to jump in with their agenda because they have nothing substantial to contribute to the actual conversation at hand.

Any idiot (except for her apparently) can understand that "hard worker" was contextual, and not absolute. Anyone with any job can be considered a "hard worker" if they put in twice as much time and effort as the next person.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately that's what ends up happening in a lot of those talk shows. People find any opportunity to jump in with their agenda because they have nothing substantial to contribute to the actual conversation at hand.

Any idiot (except for her apparently) can understand that "hard worker" was contextual, and not absolute. Anyone with any job can be considered a "hard worker" if they put in twice as much time and effort as the next person.
    These 'news' organizations don't care about the actual news anymore. Yellow journalism everywhere. I mean for fuck's sake look at CNN. They're so immensely biased towards Hillary Clinton that it is disgusting. There's just no responsible news left anymore as far as I know. There are pockets of good people but overall everyone has an agenda now. It's the People's fault though. We eat up this garbage in spite of saying we don't trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    You underestimate the limits of how far the bar can be lowered.
    At some point it breaks and some great hero will rise up and bitch slap them for a good 20 minutes and for a brief respite sanity will be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I find the term "laborer" offensive to all women who have given birth. You have no idea what labor is until you've shit out a tiny human. I keep pictures of crowning babes on my desk to remind of what real labor is!
    i do not think i would like to visit your desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is a 100% fucking correct, the term HARD WORKER is a relative term and is WAY over used especially by those of privilege against those who actually work hard. As opposed to those obnoxious idiots, who some how think their lot in life is entirely of their own making, and pass judgement on anybody else and deciding what everybody else deserves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    She is a 100% fucking correct, the term HARD WORKER is a relative term and is WAY over used especially by those of privilege against those who actually work hard. As opposed to those obnoxious idiots, who some how think their lot in life is entirely of their own making, and pass judgement on anybody else and deciding what everybody else deserves.
    just what this thread needed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard worker is relative and isn't just applicable to physicalmlanors. If you're putting in 80 hour work weeks to get a project done, I'd count that as hard work even if it's mental

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You're allowed to post your opinion but everyone's allowed to disagree. Plain and simple: no.