Poll: How much gold does the average player have?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This thread just kinda shows how detached people on this website are.
    The people on this website don't seem to understand they are the outliner.
    Most players in this game don't come to or even know about sites like this.
    Most people that play this game don't have multiple 100's or multiple level 3 garrisons.
    Most people in this game don't know how to make their garrison a money maker by having a level 3 inn and treasure finding followers.
    Just because you do and know how don't mean most do.
    Then add in those that could care less too.

I've made almost 1 million gold this expansion but spent some on gear, pets, mounts. I played semi hardcore since launch until a couple of weeks into HFC. Now I play mostly casually.

I have 5 level 100 toons, I dont do the garrison chores on all of them.
    From time to time I log into every char an do some missions but that's all.

Most of the gold I made was from missions and selling item through the GR to Resource shuffle from the trading post. I waited till I pooled 7-8k resources and spent everything on dusts, meats, fishes, etc, whatever was selling high during that time and unloading all of that on the AH.

Right now I'm sitting at 929k aprox spread within 5 characters, all alliance on Turalyon-US.

Just my two copper.
    Last edited by xMnCx; 2015-10-29 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Grammar - Formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking with guildies, I'd predict median 50-100k.

Deleted
    I would say around 30k or so , thats what i have . I dont play the AH or even bother to buy and sell much stuff , i dont worry to much about my gold total as long as i dont get to poor to not be able to afford repair bills. I would consider myself an average wow player , been playing since the near start of wrath ( feb 2009 ).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzawolf View Post
    That would heavily defeat the purpose of Blizz demanding that we maintain the social aspect of the MMORPG Genre.

OT: I don't understand how people would struggle to keep above 10k, when you can farm Cata raids and make a tidy amount in just a couple hours/week.
    What social aspect? Most of this game can be done without being in a guild. My alts aren't in guilds because they give me no benefit, really. Is it that shocking to some people?

The problem with the word "average" here is that it needs to be replaced by the word "median."

The "average" player probably has quite a bit of gold, 100k or perhaps 500k, because there is a small percentage of multiple gold-capped players, and when you average 1 dude worth 10,000,000g with 99 dudes worth 0g, you get 100 dudes worth 100,000g.

The median player is probably essentially broke though, because in general, that's how everyone has always been in WoW.

The decision to accumulate gold is basically a playstyle choice. It really has nothing else to do with the game or with sources of gold in the game or with opportunities to spend gold in the game. If you want to become "rich" in WoW then you have to acquire more gold than you spend, and play the game that way. That is all. Most players don't seem interested in "storing" gold, though, so most players aren't "rich."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Talking with guildies, I'd predict median 50-100k.
    Yup. Total average would be much, much higher. But that's probably what the title means. "Average player" doesn't really count any of us here on the forums.

Really no idea. I've met a fair chunk of players who are super vocal about having no gold (they spend it as soon as they get it) - I'm talking <1000. Yet, I feel hovering around 10k-25k is very easy to do this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You don't seriously expect anyone to think you make 100k a month without trying. Be serious now.
    Ehh, I play 1-2 hr/day, and my profit (from somewhat lazy garrison/crafting/resale) per month is 300-400k. That's after tokens, buying pets/mounts/doodads, whatever.

I'm not going to say that's "without trying" though. Basically the only reason I log into WoW these days is to tend my "gold gardens."

There is some high rollers who brings this average up greatly.

Deleted
    Around 2k was most I had in Vanilla, 10k was most in TBC, 60k in WoTLK, and Cataclysm went down to 30-40k if I recall right, 100k MoP again and WoD was complete ghetto for me, like 10k max, always poor as fuck. Probably because WoD just spoils the hell out of the player, wich has the opposite effect on me. Maybe I just didn't care anymore, WoD just isn't my thing.

The average player, and the average of a group of players, is different.

The average player probably has between 10 and 50k.

The average gold considering all players is probably closer to 100k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about 400k on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Blizzard confirmed this not too long ago. The Average player stuggles to keep 10k gold. This may have changed with WoD, though I don't expect it changed too much.
    As someone who only logs on to raid, and has one character, this is accurate. The treasure missions don't cover raid materials. 20 flasks a week, 100+ stat pots, however many health pots, probably around 60-80 buff food, enchants and gems, and any transmog we may want to do. Luckily we have our infinite runes now so thats no longer as thing.

Deleted
    Lots of elitism. It is not physically "hard" to craft stuff and play the auction house, no. That does not mean it's something people enjoy doing. The average player is not going to do something they don't enjoy doing. In a game. (generally) I absolutely don't see why the average player would farm old raids for gold either. I generally don't do any of that (or rarely), but I have more gold than most people. I'm not going to say I got it without effort, but I would like to think I mostly haven't gone out of my way to earn it. I have just played a lot.

less than 5k easy. because the average player quit before the massive gold giveaway from garrisons.

Well I keep a nest of 200k in case a too good to be true deal on a spectral tiger graces the AH. All my alts stay below 10k

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    less than 5k easy. because the average player quit before the massive gold giveaway from garrisons.
    the logic here is amazing.

people who aren't playing count as players.

We're talking about non-raiding, guildless adventurer who does pve in lfr sometimes and pvp on ashran and random bgs mostly. He does not run old raids because he don't have much time to; he does not have many alts for the same reason; he does not play AH, obviously, because AH play takes more time than raiding 4 characters every week; he does not read guides, nor he plays his class optimally. That's our average player.

So, for that player, I believe, normal gold amount is something ranged from 25 to 50k, most of which was farmed doing dailies and random dungeons in Pandaria.

Lots of people who post here on MMO-C underestimate how much effort garrison goldfarming management alone takes in reality, not to speak about dedicated AH play.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the logic here is amazing.

people who aren't playing count as players.
    i didn't see anything that says "active" players. most people quit so they would be average