10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Dogma: Eternal Night brings MMO vampires to Kickstarter

Theres some screenshots below in the link
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/03/do...o-kickstarter/

Do you need a game that’s so dark that if it were any darker it’d be a pure black rectangle on your monitor? Are you craving a mature-themed vampire MMO with some serious bite? Then perhaps Dogma: Eternal Night (previously called Project Dogmat) might be for you.

Developed by Prelude Games Factory, Dogma is picking up the dropped ball by the prematurely canceled World of Darkness and running with the themes of gothic horror, supernatural creatures, and a contemporary setting. The game promises the potential for permadeath, live events, and a world that reacts to player actions.

Dogma: Eternal Night will be launching its Kickstarter campaign on November 24th. In the meantime, the devs are improving the build, adding more GUI functionality, and adding more world interactions with objects. We’ve got the announcement trailer and early screenshots for you to ogle after the break!

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Ah interesting, thanks for sharing. Will definitely be watching out for if and how this develops.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why devs even bother with going for realistic graphics in MMOs... it gets outdated by the time the game is released. In this case it is already outdated. And it will only get worse in the future.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Running and shooting animations and overall image reminds me of VTMB. And that's not a compliment since the game was released back in 2004.

But let's wait and see, there is always a chance that devs will come up with a decent game.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2015-11-04 at 10:49 AM.

Animations look really strange. I'll probably check it out, but if the animations and game play just feel as old and dated as they already look.... this won't last long.

Deleted
    One server, live events. Yeah sure.
    Also the icons, some of the terms used (like sabbath) look likes very taken from masquerade, and it smells horribly of ip infrigment

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There should be no surprise that it features World of Darkness references as it is a continuation of the canceled WoD MMO.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    oh no permadeath... well this is one of the bajizimillion mmo's stuck in the kickstarter hell, why not make the graphics a bit more cartoony if you cant even freaking make graphics look stunning for a realistic approach @-@
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Permadeath is an instant turn off if its forced especialy with open world pvp.
    If you did any research on the game, you'd know perma-death isn't forced. If you die normally, you'll respawn in the local morgue. If you go around breaking the Dogma (griefing other players and slaughtering innocents and are seen doing it) you'll lose your 'Essence' and once it's gone completely, only then can you be perma-killed. However, 'Essence' can be regained.

As for the animations (movement/combat) those are really old and not the latest iterations. FYI. I love how people research before jumping to conclusions. :P

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    oh no permadeath... well this is one of the bajizimillion mmo's stuck in the kickstarter hell, why not make the graphics a bit more cartoony if you cant even freaking make graphics look stunning for a realistic approach
    What graphics are you referring to? That's about as realistic as any game today has with the exception of Black Desert. Everything else is "stylized (SWTOR) or cartoony like WoW.
    Last edited by Timecross1; 2015-11-04 at 11:57 PM.

Everything old is new again!

Quote Originally Posted by Timecross1 View Post
    If you did any research on the game,
    Half the information about this game is in Russian and the other half is in broken English.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Everything old is new again!

Half the information about this game is in Russian and the other half is in broken English.
    Ah there was already a thread? Well mods can merge em if they want to
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is going to crash and burn fast

Deleted
    If I can play a Gurahl I'm on board.

Good luck to them, getting any MMO off the ground is tricky these days, much less a very niche one like this. I question the value of this in an MMO setting, personally, but to each their own. IMO they'd be better off trying to make a strong singleplayer game with multiplayer elements.

LOL @ those final gameplay shots at the climax of the trailer. All I can say is, I hope they're better game devs than trailer producers

Anyway, I like the idea of this MMO. Dark theme, vampires in a modern setting, aw yeah. I just wonder if these guys are the ones to pull it off. Best of luck to them.

Deleted
    need to bump this up
    we are 25% of the way with 22days to go
    the game is real if 100000 is pledged by dec 24th

10+ Year Old Account
    Announcement trailer, I know, but with the empty city streets it looks like something from the PlayStation 2 era. Those character animations are similar quality. The characters themselves barely look better than a PlayStation 3 launch title.

Stop making MMO's. If you want a vampire themed rpg just make a CRPG like Pillars of Eternity or even a retro rpg with sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Stop making MMO's. If you want a vampire themed rpg just make a CRPG like Pillars of Eternity or even a retro rpg with sprites.
    This is a good point.

Why do people keep trying to make vampire MMOs when there isn't exactly a wealth of vampire related games elsewhere? I mean, what else do we have out there right now? Nosgoth? Ugh...

Looked into this a bit since the Kickstarter went live.

Ludicrously low budget for what the game promises. Zero concrete information that I could find in my cursory glance about the team and what kind of actual experience they have.

Yup, no confidence in the game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Timecross1 View Post
    If you did any research on the game, you'd know perma-death isn't forced. If you die normally, you'll respawn in the local morgue. If you go around breaking the Dogma (griefing other players and slaughtering innocents and are seen doing it) you'll lose your 'Essence' and once it's gone completely, only then can you be perma-killed. However, 'Essence' can be regained.

As for the animations (movement/combat) those are really old and not the latest iterations. FYI. I love how people research before jumping to conclusions. :P

What graphics are you referring to? That's about as realistic as any game today has with the exception of Black Desert. Everything else is "stylized (SWTOR) or cartoony like WoW.
    Perma death period is stupid for an MMO. No matter how long it takes to become an option. Dated looking graphics ANOTHER MMO promoting that you can make changes to the world! Yeah you and all the other people playing at the same time. Yawn. Nice post count Dev-Kun! This smacks of Trials of Ascension level of alts running around!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ac66989 View Post
    need to bump this up
    we are 25% of the way with 22days to go
    the game is real if 100000 is pledged by dec 24th
    Lol shameless 1 post bumpage, totally going to happen! *eyeroll* Look make an MMO for 100k! Totally not scammy/failure prone!

- - - Updated - - -

So the Kickstarter video is 94 seconds long and does not even start to show 'gameplay' until the 20 second mark haha. Another MMO trying to use Unity to get made, good luck. And the announcement trailer which is the first post, shows off some character creation tools, oh joy of joys!