Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    If you have the 2 set and your WAs for shield block aren't working, use full scan and use spell ID 132404
    Yup, it's thanks to Blizzard's brilliant idea to call our 2 set Shield Block when we already have a buff called Shield Block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Do you have to track dodge/parries combined with a ready-state Revenge to figure out if the next revenge is free? Or am I overthinking this?
    There's event which fires, when your actionbar button starts to glow (or stops). You can catch those events and check their arg1 for specific spellId. This way you won't have to do processing each frame. I did that and it worked, but I deleted that aura, so can't share it. Use /etrace command to find out necessary event. Or just use any other weak aura out there, I've seen few of them, they should work.

I figured out from the last couple of days that Spell Reflect seems to stop Skorpyron's scorpids and Tichondrius's Spellguards from applying their debuffs, and also heard it can work on Elisande's Ablation. Has anyone found other NH mechanics that it works on?

Deleted
    Neltharion's Fury is really strong against Spellblade Aluriel's Annihilate. Think it's the first legit use I've found for it in NH.

So on average I have this absorb/healing chart:

1) Ignore Pain ~60%
    2) Leg bracers ~25%
    3) Inspiring Pressence ~7%
    4) Leech ~7% (I have 4 items with it)

Yeah, I love these bracers so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    So on average I have this absorb/healing chart:

1) Ignore Pain ~60%
    2) Leg bracers ~25%
    3) Inspiring Pressence ~7%
    4) Leech ~7% (I have 4 items with it)

Yeah, I love these bracers so much.
    So your raid is running with two Warrior tanks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Probably not, the healing caused by Inspiring Presence is counted as your own healing (even though it doesn't heal you)

Deleted
    His IP healing is almost 10 times higher than his Inspiring? Either this is 5 man content, he just runs 10 man or the DPS of the raid is 150k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hynack View Post
    His IP healing is almost 10 times higher than his Inspiring? Either this is 5 man content, he just runs 10 man or the DPS of the raid is 150k.
    Yes, those Numbers only add up if this is InsP healing him. That's why I ask since you don't get healed by your own.

Yes and both of us ran InsP.

Did 10/10hc this week (9/10 in a split, Gul'dan on mains) playing every boss with Devastator. Spec feels really good, in my opinion Definitely an upgrade over 7.0/7.1. Health felt a bit low when soaking Gul'dans energy when I didn't have SR up for it, but that aside, it all went fine. Tanked both adds on Botanist in the split & didn't feel weak at all.

Can anyone say how good the 2/4pc bonus are? Is it smart to replace 880+ with normal (875) set items?

Probably stupid question after months into the expansion, but shield block doesn't work on special abilities like Krosus smash, right? Or they're considered "melee attack" too? If so why do we have to be like that compared to other tanks active tanking stuff working on all physical attacks regardless of being autos or not. I know it does work on Spellblade Aluriel's Annihilation (or whatever it's called) as Neltharion's Fury lowers it's damage, but not sure about the rest.
    I didn't really care about it before I started leveling my druid alt and I'm at 27% haste with HR talent so my SB uptime is pretty much close to 100%, but still curious.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-01-24 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    So, it seems Neltharion's Fury is just getting lower and lower usage now for me personally, Spellblade's Annihilate is the only one I can think of where it's pretty nice... but really that's about it (unless you're tanking the adds on the first boss). Something really needs to happen with this artifact ability, perhaps even give it some magic damage reduction because as it is now we've got a wasted ability on our artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by saren26 View Post
    So, it seems Neltharion's Fury is just getting lower and lower usage now for me personally, Spellblade's Annihilate is the only one I can think of where it's pretty nice... but really that's about it (unless you're tanking the adds on the first boss). Something really needs to happen with this artifact ability, perhaps even give it some magic damage reduction because as it is now we've got a wasted ability on our artifact.
    Well it does become somewhat better with set pieces tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably stupid question after months into the expansion, but shield block doesn't work on special abilities like Krosus smash, right? Or they're considered "melee attack" too?
    AFAIK, it usually doesn't work on abilities, but sometimes it works.

If so why do we have to be like that compared to other tanks active tanking stuff working on all physical attacks regardless of being autos or not.
    You have Ignore Pain as another active mitigation ability, which does work for everything.

I didn't really care about it before I started leveling my druid alt and I'm at 27% haste with HR talent so my SB uptime is pretty much close to 100%, but still curious.
    If shield block would work for every ability, it would be much weaker. Almost every boss melees tank hard enough, so block is very useful, even when it doesn't work for everything.

But yes, for bosses like Ursoc, when majority of damage comes from some bleed or debuff, warrior looks weaker compared to other tanks. And for bosses, where bubble removes dangerous debuffs, paladin might just cheese mechanics. If dodge can avoid another stack, monk will shine. But most of the bosses just swing tank hard enough and sometimes apply some abilities and for them warrior is just fine. Druid looks like the most universal tank and considered as best tank ATM, so it's hard to compare with him.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    AFAIK, it usually doesn't work on abilities, but sometimes it works.

You have Ignore Pain as another active mitigation ability, which does work for everything.
    Well, just as druid's Frenzied Regeneration. It wasn't the point.
    There are also a lot of small things that adds up like druid's armor working on all sides while block is only upfront. I might be wrong here, but it worked like that for a long time before thats for sure.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-01-24 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Do we still need the 25-30% haste? Almost every sim I run or item upgrade addon i use disregards haste :/

Quote Originally Posted by Houjebekmuts View Post
    Do we still need the 25-30% haste? Almost every sim I run or item upgrade addon i use disregards haste :/
    Which is why you dont use sims or "item upgrade addons" as a tank.

Hey, went back a few pages to see if this has been discussed at all - so I apologize if it has - is there a general consensus yet as to which trinkets we should be going after in NH? Specifically asking for devastator - should we be running 1 dps/1 surv or double dps? In either situation, I am thinking that the DPS trinket would be Might of Krosus for single target and Claw of the Crystaline scorpid for AoE. For the 2nd trinket slot, what would be the survival trinket we should be chasing, or if the optimal choice is a 2nd dps trinket, do we just want a stat stick, an item that has a high secondary stat and useful proc, or something like entwined elemental foci?