Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Not my only interest, but frankly, I play a game with War in the title and killing the other faction makes me happy. Beyond the point you're probably on a carebear server so you wouldn't have to worry about people like me.
    The entire game is carebear, so please stop pretending otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved timeless isle. I would set my Blingtron up on the cliff then go into "Coin mode" and knock everybody off with explosive traps and powershots. Some of the best times I've had in this game post-Ulduar were on that island. Don't even get me started on how much I loved the rope bridges and freezing trap combos. <3
    Now see, that.. that sounds like hilarity. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The entire game is carebear, so please stop pretending otherwise.
    You can find world PVP leveling up until you get to Outland and people start flying everywhere. Also, all I really do currently is PVP be it in the world or in BG's atm. I haven't raided since BRH was released and my guild fell apart. I killed more people this expansion while leveling characters though because of the flight restriction than I did since probably BC. The added resources you got from your garrison though totally shot that in the foot. Nobody was out and about farming because they just sat in the damn base and were handed shit for playing facebook games.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

You can find world PVP leveling up until you get to Outland and people start flying everywhere. Also, all I really do currently is PVP be it in the world or in BG's atm. I haven't raided since BRH was released and my guild fell apart. I killed more people this expansion while leveling characters though because of the flight restriction than I did since probably BC. The added resources you got from your garrison though totally shot that in the foot. Nobody was out and about farming because they just sat in the damn base and were handed shit for playing facebook games.
    Sum total, you just discovered the PVP part of the game and are thinking world PVP is the best thing since sliced bread. Give it some time, you will see how stupid, skill-less and boring it is. You'll also see that flying is nearly completely irrelevant to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Sum total, you just discovered the PVP part of the game and are thinking world PVP is the best thing since sliced bread. Give it some time, you will see how stupid, skill-less and boring it is. You'll also see that flying is nearly completely irrelevant to it.
    I've been playing since beta phase 3. I simply love the adrenaline rush you get from spontaneous world pvp. Knowing every corner you came to or any cave you entered somebody could be there and you could kill or be killed makes leveling more enjoyable. Sure, I've done arena and RBG's only to the low 2k's but I find the artificial encounters to be less fun than natural and organic fights in the world.

I've been playing since beta phase 3. I simply love the adrenaline rush you get from spontaneous world pvp. Knowing every corner you came to or any cave you entered somebody could be there and you could kill or be killed makes leveling more enjoyable. Sure, I've done arena and RBG's only to the low 2k's but I find the artificial encounters to be less fun than natural and organic fights in the world.
    Go play EVE online if you want to see what real, unfettered PVP is like. WoW pvp is a sad sad joke in comparison.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-01 at 05:57 AM.

Adrenaline rush 1: (sitting in a cave as max-level) "yes, yes, yes, come to me, my dear-dear level 86".

Adrenaline rush 2: (the reverse) <splat, you drop dead> "damn you, sucker, killing lower levels is all you can do, I bet you aren't even 1700 on your main /spit"

So good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Go play EVE online if you want to see what real, unfettered PVP is like. WoW pvp is a sad sad joke in comparison.
    Played EVE for six months. Didn't find it fun and it was slow. I was really waiting for Jumpgate Evolution, but it vaporwared...
    Taste is subjective though. I like Warcraft PVP and some people actually enjoy LFR(don't ask me how).

- - - Updated - - -

Adrenaline rush 1: (sitting in a cave as max-level) "yes, yes, yes, come to me, my dear-dear level 86".

Adrenaline rush 2: (the reverse) <splat, you drop dead> "damn you, sucker, killing lower levels is all you can do, I bet you aren't even 1700 on your main /spit"

So good.
    That's all the PVP that ever happens. You're totally right!
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-08-01 at 07:34 AM.

Played EVE for six months. Didn't find it fun and is was slow. I was really waiting for Jumpgate Evolution, but it vaporwared...
    Taste is subjective though. I like Warcraft PVP and some people actually enjoy LFR(don't ask me how).
    I wasn't speaking of subjective opinion. WoW pvp is literally almost nothing compared to a real pvp game like EVE online.

Liking something doesn't necessarily make it good. Similar to how removing flight doesn't automatically make the game better, as WoD showed us. Nor does adding flight automatically do the same. WoW's open world pvp is simply available, but not supported. I wonder if people really understand the difference? I don't personally believe it has any impact on the flying argument, however. OWPVP in wow isn't bad because people can fly. It's bad because Blizzard is not supporting it, or pumping any effort or dev time into it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-01 at 06:51 AM.

That's all the PVP that ever happens. You're totally right!
    There is also "world PVP" where one or more raids sit on PVP vendors or wipe cities. Even more boring (after some time), similarly skill-less, most of the difference from solo "world PVP" is that you get to know a couple of tricks to fight through the lag.

And there is nothing else, statistically speaking. It's all boring and stupid. And, again, flight is nearly completely irrelevant.

Which realm and faction are you on, just in case? Black Scar / Horde?
    Last edited by rda; 2016-08-01 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    heres why i dont like flying being allowed right off the bat
    imagine how fun mario would be if you could just fly over everything right from the start, then land at the end of the level...
    Why is there always one?

If we go by the Mario examply it would be finishing world 8 on the ground, and then being able to fly. Not 8 months after. and not right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I don't agree. I had way more fun on Timeless Isle than I did the entire period I play EVE. Hell, killing Horde by the PVP vendor in Pandyland was more fun than EVE for me. EVE is one of those games that is more exciting to read about than to actually play.

I don't even want flight removed though. I want risk vs reward in all systems. Make flying either more dangerous than running around on the ground or make it slower.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also "world PVP" where one or more raids sit on PVP vendors or wipe cities. Even more boring (after some time), similarly skill-less, most of the difference from solo "world PVP" is that you get to know a couple of tricks to fight through the lag.

And there is nothing else, statistically speaking. It's all boring and stupid. And, again, flight is nearly completely irrelevant.

Which realm and faction are you on, just in case? Black Scar / Horde?
    I'm Alliance. I was playing on Emerald Dream for years but have recently migrated to Sargeras. Also, I'm talking about just random world encounters while leveling and of course Timeless Isle was magical during Pandas. I killed so many people while leveling my characters through WoD. If only there was more reason for capped characters to be out and about in the world though because once they finished leveling people just sat in the garrison...

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't think we'll ever know what happened with WoD development. Whether it was all part of some master plan, or simple incompetence. At this point it doesn't really matter in the face of Legion launching next month, except in regards to what Blizzard has planned for "midway through the expansion", whatever that means. I'm still reserving judgement until we see how it turns out, although I suspect that it will be nothing more than another grind to slow players down and prolong the content.
    I just hate, when people say, that initially Blizzard wanted to completely remove flying. People, who tell this BS, have very short memory. Yeah, we had this Ghostcrawler's tweet and many no flyers started to cling to it. But even they were realizing, that flying couldn't be removed from game, cuz majority of Wow players - are "Achievers" and thing, "Achievers" hate the most - is when their accomplishments are being taken away from them. Way too many ingame accomplishments are tied to flying in this game. From collecting mounts to paying real money for them.

So, initial Blizzard's plan was - to return flying in first major patch. Simply to turn it on, like it happens with LFR/Mythic raid gating - Blizzard said, that they didn't want players to rush to max level to obtain flying. As you can see, 6.1 was explicitly confirmed to be that patch. The idea, that flying should have been reward for some quest or achievement - appeared exactly when some players, including me, stated, that they would simply wait for 6.1 to be released then. Blizzard answered, that in order to obtain flying, you would have to play 6.0 content. That's why Pathfinder achievement includes all kinds of ground content, including these, that aren't suitable for majority of players. If Pathfinder would be easy - it would be easy to skip all patches prior to return of flying. Blizzard don't care about date, we will buy xpack on, if we'll buy it anyway, but they need to milk sub fee from us. Only weak minded players without self control swallow this bait. For me it's "No fly - no buy", if outdoor content won't be good even without flying.

But, all this crap with complete removal of flying in WOD, including all subsequent xpacks, appeared exactly due to simple fact - due to fact, that 6.1 was empty patch. I guess, that Tanaan should have been released in 6.1. And it was confirmed by Ghostcrawler (may be it was the reason, why he was fired, lol) - he said, that 6.1 would introduce new no flying zone and flying would be enabled in obsolete 6.0 content then. But, I guess, at that point Blizzard realized, that they can't stick to their plan - to have yearly xpacks and to release Legion within one year after release of WOD, i.e. exactly one year ago, when 6.2 was released. But they were simply bluffing to drive players attention away from the fact, that 6.1 was empty patch and that they were going to have one year long content drought. Also it's simple psychological trick - to take some basic game feature away from players, make them fight to return it, return it back with many hops, players have to jump through, cuz it's "very bad for game" - and viola! They are happy to jump through 100500 hops at their own will now! And Blizzard desperately needed to stretch 6.2 content as much, as possible. They realized, that majority of players won't do their crappy rep grinds and some other crap, like treasures.

What about Legion? Why flying is still not there? I think, Blizzard decided to remove flying, because they realized, that something was wrong with their ground content. You simply can't collect feedback about ground content, if players fly over it. And Legion - is transitional xpack in this case. Blizzard realized some of their mistakes and started to fix them. Now they need to figure out, are this changes enough or they need further ones. That will be done during first half of xpack - flying will return in second half. If everything will go, as intended - Blizzard will stop their "no flying" crap since next xpack.

P.S. Stop talking about "WPVP" argument. It's well known fact, that it's needed for "Killers" only, more specifically - for "Griefers". Of course, if you're not "Killer"/"Griefer" - you can't understand them and you don't need this content. But it doesn't mean, it shouldn't exist.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-08-01 at 08:05 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Not my only interest, but frankly, I play a game with War in the title and killing the other faction makes me happy. Beyond the point you're probably on a carebear server so you wouldn't have to worry about people like me.
    Well... we also waged war against the corrupted black dragonflight (culminated by deaths of Onyxia, Nefarian, and finally Deathwing), against the Scourge, against the followers of the Old Gods, agains the Ahn Quiraj armies, against the Iron Horde, against the Mogu, against the Troll Empires etc. We also spend most of the time of our single player experience with killing things.

There is war outside of PvP in this game, and from the lore point of view it is more important than your petty killing sprees. PvPers are like children in a sandbox quarreling over toys, while their house is on fire.

Edit: My favorite in the Warcraft series is WC III where you have 4 factions to battle with. Simple 1 vs 1 concepts are fine for people who like to have a clear black and white picture of the world, but I prefer more interesting constellations.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-08-01 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    What's the biggie? Don't play it you don't like it. Anyway, it seems you just want to re-create that 1000+ post monster thread in 7.0. Attention-seeking?

Deleted
    flying in 7.0 atm.. u very wroooong!

Deleted
    And I play FIFA for the compelling storylines. I guess both of us are playing the wrong game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Takstol View Post
    flying in 7.0 atm.. u very wroooong!
    "I am bad at trolling"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solfolango View Post
    What's the biggie? Don't play it you don't like it. Anyway, it seems you just want to re-create that 1000+ post monster thread in 7.0. Attention-seeking?
    Or wanting the game to be better? One or the other, who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Flying isnt removed. You retain every flying you have gained.
    And my level 60 gear isn't removed either. Doesn't mean it is good for anything in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they are approaching flying in legion like WoD. make us see all the zones 1st, understand them, etc.. then if u want to fly, put in the effort to grind whats necessary to attain that ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Something that was never added isnt removed. So you cant miss flying when it wasnt even there.
    How was flying never there? Flying has always been part of the game after BC. So if we can't fly in Legion flying is removed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    I'm glad they are approaching flying in legion like WoD. make us see all the zones 1st, understand them, etc.. then if u want to fly, put in the effort to grind whats necessary to attain that ability.
    Make us see the zones 1st then 2nd then 3rd, then a hundred more times. After that, maybe we can get a Pathfinder part 5 in 7.3 which might reward flying. That is the WoD approach and it is in no way a good idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    How was flying never there? Flying has always been part of the game after BC. So if we can't fly in Legion flying is removed

- - - Updated - - -

Make us see the zones 1st then 2nd then 3rd, then a hundred more times. After that, maybe we can get a Pathfinder part 5 in 7.3 which might reward flying. That is the WoD approach and it is in no way a good idea.
    I can sense your frustration, but i did not have that sense in WoD. a few places, but nothing like the tone im getting from you. sorry, just my insight, i guess im not in the majority but its how i feel/felt.

If they had something like Guild Wars 2 (multiple waypoints per map, almost same number as flight paths in wow per map; instant teleport there from whatever place in the world provided you're out of combat and for a small fee), I'd not miss flying. Sure, it's convenient to just land on top of that jump puzzle in spires of arak or just level up an alt by collecting treasures marked in the map with an addon. Overall, I like the approach in WoD (even though it wasn't planned in advance). You got to play it and grind on the ground until you explore everything and play for a while. After then, you get whatever achievement and can fly around including with your alts. I'd prefer it was in 7.0 though, something you could unlock early. It's a better system than in MoP which had you level up alts on the ground all the way to 90 before you could fly. Gets annoying on the 6th, 7th alt.