Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    If there are mods which make the DoTs on Effigy easier to track then that would mollify me.

Personally I think the issue is Blizzard apparently thinks Affliction can only deal damage through DoTs.

Combined with Shadow Priests and Unholy DKs (to a lesser extent) having a similar playstyle and affliction generally being good, it often doesnt get makeovers it needs
    I'm sure some sweet WeakAuras will come out, some probably already exist, that will trivialize Effigy tracking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I'm sure some sweet WeakAuras will come out, some probably already exist, that will trivialize Effigy tracking.
    A couple of macros, either focus or specific target, for Agony and Corruption and that's pretty much your back covered, not sure you need an addon specifically for this.

Macros don't particularly help you with the "tracking" part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Macros don't particularly help you with the "tracking" part of it.
    Agony and Corruption don't have facing requirements and your focus target frame is always right there. I'm not sure what you need to track otherwise? It lasts 10 minutes so rare the timer will come in to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Agony and Corruption don't have facing requirements and your focus target frame is always right there. I'm not sure what you need to track otherwise? It lasts 10 minutes so rare the timer will come in to play.
    The dots on the effigy, as was said...

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    If there are mods which make the DoTs on Effigy easier to track then that would mollify me.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm actually trying to figure out a way to do just that, for now since you'll basically be forced to use Focus for Effigy you can just track them via Focus on WA as well.

Tracking the DoTs on Effigy without it being set as Focus is proving to be painful, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The dots on the effigy, as was said...
    Which you can see on your focus frame...?

You know he said easier, right? Implying that the current way is either too difficult for him or he would prefer a different method.

Many things can be tracked or shown on the default UI, however, WeakAuras allows for disgusting levels of customization.

Deleted
    cant you just track it by its name?
    idk if its gonna make a mess with other locks' effigies tho

Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    cant you just track it by its name?
    idk if its gonna make a mess with other locks' effigies tho
    Nope, you can target other people Effigies as well so tracking it by name is unfortunately not a thing. As is there isn't even a GUID for Soul Effigy which is awkward because Blizzard classifies it as a 'totem' but didn't implement a GUID for it like every other totem that exists. >.>

Deleted
    If thats the case then you should probably tweet Celestalon or post on official boards as im quite sure its a bug

EDIT: did PC on live have its GUID?
    Because SE looks like a PC code ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    If thats the case then you should probably tweet Celestalon or post on official boards as im quite sure its a bug

EDIT: did PC on live have its GUID?
    Because SE looks like a PC code ripoff
    Has already been done! And I'm not sure if PC has it's own GUID.

You know he said easier, right? Implying that the current way is either too difficult for him or he would prefer a different method.

Many things can be tracked or shown on the default UI, however, WeakAuras allows for disgusting levels of customization.
    ^this.

10c

10+ Year Old Account
    ^this.

10c
    Fair enough. I thought making it focus and some @Focus macros would be more than easy enough. Apparently not. Whether you're using the default UI or SUF, you can move those frames wherever you want on the screen, so really, what more do you want, beyond 'easier'? Maybe be more specific? Because easier than that is starting to look like automation.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-05-29 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Id assume he was looking for tracking dots without having to use a unit frame dedicated to effigy

Fair enough. I thought making it focus and some @Focus macros would be more than easy enough. Apparently not. Whether you're using the default UI or SUF, you can move those frames wherever you want on the screen, so really, what more do you want, beyond 'easier'? Maybe be more specific? Because easier than that is starting to look like automation.
    People have used addons like power auras, weak auras, need to know, affdots, etc specifically because the default method of tracking isn't great. This really isn't a novel concept.

But again it shouldn't be complicated to make a WA to track dots on the effigy.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have used addons like power auras, weak auras, need to know, affdots, etc specifically because the default method of tracking isn't great. This really isn't a novel concept.

But again it shouldn't be complicated to make a WA to track dots on the effigy.
    Yes, I'm no stranger to Weakauras, nor the old dot timer add on, nor shadowed unit frames, nor tidy plates, nor Raven. All of those make tracking dots easier. But all of those are made easier still by using focus target in addition to those.

You could track multiple targets with Dot Timer, so I've no doubt WA can do it, but as with Dot Timer back in Wrath, it doesn't actually do anything for reapplication, so it's not really any easier than focusing, which does help with reapplication, unless you have some special display requirements.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-05-30 at 06:38 AM.

Yes, I'm no stranger to Weakauras, nor the old dot timer add on, nor shadowed unit frames, nor tidy plates, nor Raven. All of those make tracking dots easier. But all of those are made easier still by using focus target in addition to those.

You could track multiple targets with Dot Timer, so I've no doubt WA can do it, but as with Dot Timer back in Wrath, it doesn't actually do anything for reapplication, so it's not really any easier than focusing, which does help with reapplication, unless you have some special display requirements.
    Dude just wants mods to make it easier, I don't understand why we're having a conversation about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude just wants mods to make it easier, I don't understand why we're having a conversation about this.
    And I'm the only one who actually provided an answer...

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-05-30 at 04:52 PM.

And I'm the only one who actually provided an answer...
    I mean, he didn't even ask a question in the first place.

Both myself and @Woz provided more than enough information regarding his concerns.