Page 10 of 230 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    This is why feedback should never be given directly on the official forums. If you have Alpha access (and more importantly are not an EU peasant like me so you can access the spec-feedback threads) please form your own opinion by testing, report back your impressions/feelings/ideas here on MMO-C or on the ravenholdt forums/discord/irc and discuss your ideas with the rest of the community. Then after giving it enough thought if you still think it's valid feedback, please refine it and make it readable. Then go ahead and post it. I wish everyone would do this.
    Up votes and downvotes exist for a reason on official forums. I'm trying to keep discussions going both on official forums and MMO, so I'm not sure if this comment was aimed at me. I always preface any initial comments on a spec as such, "initial impressions".
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Up votes and downvotes exist for a reason on official forums. I'm trying to keep discussions going both on official forums and MMO, so I'm not sure if this comment was aimed at me. I always preface any initial comments on a spec as such, "initial impressions".
    It wasn't aimed at you. Actually the opposite - you are my biggest hope on the US forums. I really agree with 95% of everything you post over there. Keep it up.

And yeah the upvote/downvote is good. I just wish I could use them as a EU pleb.

It wasn't aimed at you. Actually the opposite - you are my biggest hope on the US forums. I really agree with 95% of everything you post over there. Keep it up.

And yeah the upvote/downvote is good. I just wish I could use them as a EU pleb.
    You can use US forums, just create trial US account

I'm the only one who hates new mutilate sound? It sounds like a fork scratching a plate instead of a dagger going inside of their body(as live).

Ah I see. Cool, I think Assn is in a better spot than Sub atm I'm gonna end up spending more effort over there to be honest
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    You can use US forums, just create trial US account
    Thanks for the tip. I have a US starter edition but it still wont let me post. It seems like I have to level a char to 10 before I can actually post in the forums?

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip. I have a US starter edition but it still wont let me post. It seems like I have to level a char to 10 before I can actually post in the forums?

You just need to have a character on it, doesn't have to be 10. I've posted with lvl 1. The important thing is, it needs to be the battle.net account flagged for alpha access, not new battle.net account.

Does anyone else feel that assassination having no damage opener from stealth is a little weird? Against a mob immune to stuns would you just mutilate out of stealth? Why get rid of ambush?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Does anyone else feel that assassination having no damage opener from stealth is a little weird? Against a mob immune to stuns would you just mutilate out of stealth? Why get rid of ambush?
    Because only one spec out of the Iconic stealthing Rogue class should actually use Stealth. DUH, Class fantasy bro. Do you even like the spec that you play? if you want stealth, go play sub, because thats the only one that FANTASISES for stealth. Duh. Stupid playerbase.
    - Celestalon 2k16

Assassination has been mutilating out of stealth for a while now, man.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This, and even before we stared mutilating from stealth we weren't using ambush, but garrotte for venomous wounds.

I think the last time I played rogue was vanilla :P And I haven't played much at all since Wrath, so yeah my knowledge is pretty dated. Anyway, would be cool if there was some kind of 'special effect' (bonus damage/3cps/something else cool) added to Mutilate when you use it while stealthed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    This, and even before we stared mutilating from stealth we weren't using ambush, but garrotte for venomous wounds.
    And lo, shall everything old be new again, because Garrote is gonna trigger Venomous Wounds once more.

Went away for a week and I came back to Assassination being available!

Not bad at all, Thuggee actually makes that tier of talents somewhat noticable in PvE at least.

Blood Sweat working will make it a pretty solid spec for council style fights, you'll have very strong energy regen to funnel damage, and possibly Necrotic Plague style spread AE capability depending on how far the spread range is.

The spec certainly plays the nicest of the 3 so far, I don't think it will need much more to be a finished version. Kingsbane is miles better than our Sub "shiv" artifact ability as well.

With the way bleeds work in Legion you'll open up with garrote now for energy regen.

The thing I find kind of weird is how much of assassination's damage doesn't seem to scale with haste. Bleeds are locked at two seconds per tick and mastery doesn't affect it, so the only secondary stat that actually boosts Garrote and Rupture is crit. Aside from the instant damage proc, poisons don't have haste scaling either, do they?

The thing I find kind of weird is how much of assassination's damage doesn't seem to scale with haste. Bleeds are locked at two seconds per tick and mastery doesn't affect it, so the only secondary stat that actually boosts Garrote and Rupture is crit. Aside from the instant damage proc, poisons don't have haste scaling either, do they?
    Kingsbane damage ramp up scales with Haste

Quote Originally Posted by dloc76 View Post
    With the way bleeds work in Legion you'll open up with garrote now for energy regen.
    It bothers me the garrote tooltip doesn't list it as bleed damage, as it does with rupture. Makes me think it's not counted as bleed damage.

Deleted
    It is counted as bleed damage, on Bay's video you can see garrote proc Thuggee reset before hes even got Rupture on anything.

When they made it so both mutilate crits give combo points it looks like that was a sealed fate change and not just mutilate? Fok looks to be giving cp's for every fok crit?

https://youtu.be/-bcUtiLO-_o?t=4m19s