10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    It's an alt run lol.
    You asked for help on improving your already decent performance, like the other guy in this thread - stop fishing for fucking compliments and then laugh when people try to help you.

Anyone have any experience with the last boss Kara ring with the on use ability?

Seems strong, but the ring has Haste on it..
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the last boss Kara ring with the on use ability?

Seems strong, but the ring has Haste on it..
    The on-use has a debuff so you can only reliably use it ever 30 seconds. It's a lot to micromanage given the bad stats. *Probably* not worth for mut?

This Nightstalker thing is bloody annoying ><
    I have long noticed that when you vanish you arent technically stealth but assumed it would work anyway. Is this only happening in 7.1 or did noone bother checking before?

After some more testing with Nightstalker-Vanish, i have come to the conclusion that it probably works as intended. Meaning that Vanish, is treated as stealth like it should. In my previous tests, i forgot to take into account the Blood of the Assassinated trait. Still im not 100% sure and doing more tests, but also the fact that you get the 20% movement speed while you pop Vanish means that you get the 50% dmg buff aswell.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, don't remember seeing anything about in in the last 20 pages or so.

How do I handle Vanish coming off CD when Rupture still have 15+ seconds on it? Do I just Vanish and re-Rupture? Or wait til the Rupture is in pandemic range and then use vanish to reapply?

Edit: Using AP not Exsang
    Last edited by Moritsume; 2016-11-02 at 01:10 AM.

Depends on how many seconds are left in the fight, whether you are EX, and how long until Vendetta is off cd (worth waiting for)

Good rule of thumb is to just refresh rupture for Vanish, that'll be correct more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    You asked for help on improving your already decent performance, like the other guy in this thread - stop fishing for fucking compliments and then laugh when people try to help you.
    Fishing for compliments? Wat? Is saying "I got a 96% parse on a Heroic boss" fishing for compliments now? I'm a Mythic-geared Rogue with one of the best legendaries, tryharding (Rune, Flask, pre-pot, everything) on Heroic Ursoc. I should hope I can get a 96th percentile parse. I came here cause I thought my 77th percentile in bracket was terrible and I was hoping someone could offer some advice. I didn't want no fucking compliments, I wanted the opposite, someone to tell me "you're doing X wrong", but instead I got "your trinket didn't proc enough" and "kill the boss faster".
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Fishing for compliments? Wat? Is saying "I got a 96% parse on a Heroic boss" fishing for compliments now? I'm a Mythic-geared Rogue with one of the best legendaries, tryharding (Rune, Flask, pre-pot, everything) on Heroic Ursoc. I should hope I can get a 96th percentile parse. I came here cause I thought my 77th percentile in bracket was terrible and I was hoping someone could offer some advice. I didn't want no fucking compliments, I wanted the opposite, someone to tell me "you're doing X wrong", but instead I got "your trinket didn't proc enough" and "kill the boss faster".
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that most of the guys on your bracket already have two legendaries, and your crit is a lil' low compared to the "average minimum recommended" to have a decent efficient EP uptime, that and the RNG on your Poison Bomb really didn't help you

There is nothing to tell about the way you're playing, rotation-wise seems to be doing everything right, EP uptime-wise, "everything-wise" seems to be okay but the things me and other guys mentioned on our posts

You're doing all you can with the gear you have, which is good, but the other guys on your bracket generally have it better ( and a second damage dealing legendary do make a lil' difference, Insignia of Ravenholdt or the bracers would give you ~5% bonus DPS

Chemii may have pointed it out in a bit passive-agressive way but he does have a point, you are doing an impeccable job already, sadly that is being held back by lack of better/optimized gear

- - - Updated - - -

That and you really need the 3rd Vendetta CDR relic

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're as qualified as you say you are, learn to interpret logs. If you are so adept, you should be able to work out what it is you personally did wrong, which happens to be very little. When you are offered some sound advice (which it is still relevant, if you don't think speed matters, it does, a lot) to then laugh and be like "oh lol its just an alt run".

I mean what sort of reaction do you expect.

"OH you played perfect mate, you are awesome, you were just unlucky, can I suck your dick."

So my dps isn't where I'd like it to be since I got ravenholdt. After looking at other rogues on my meter and checking logs my third highest contributor is garotte whereas theirs is muti. Based on this I think I'm too focused on maintaining EP and should be using higher CP envenoms outside of cooldowns. Does this sound reasonable?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, because maintaining ep is still top priority.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Guys I've got 2 legendaries, but I can use 1 at this moment (need to wait 5 days) and I dont know wich one.

Zoldyck Family Training Shackles or Insignia of Ravenholdt?

Im running EP/AP for raiding and EP/Exsan for mythic+/questing (40% crit 104,6% mast)

So, 2 target EP/AP:

What is the most effective way to get my poison up on a secondary target for venemous wounds procs? Using mouseover usually to get my rupture up.

1. Envenom primary target -> FOK?
    2. Envenom primary target -> Mut secondary target -> swap back?

I feel like target swapping to get AP up to 5 stacks for stronger rupture is the better option? But envenoming on either your primary or secondary (swapping with CP's ready) first seems to be key in either situation.
    Last edited by Aeolla; 2016-11-02 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmfny View Post
    Guys I've got 2 legendaries, but I can use 1 at this moment (need to wait 5 days) and I dont know wich one.

Zoldyck Family Training Shackles or Insignia of Ravenholdt?

Im running EP/AP for raiding and EP/Exsan for mythic+/questing (40% crit 104,6% mast)
    Ring when you're cleaving or using AP likely.

Also Grats.

Deleted
    Looking for rotation help, I read the "Assassination rogue bible" as you guys put it buy I could not find one.

I have no good legendary items, my stats at 41% crit/114% mastery. I have 1 vendetta relic 1 rupture crit relic and 1 rupure dmg relic. Got all 3 golden traits in my weapon.

I play EP/MP

Basically I keep up 6pt ruptures and garrote, I vanish to reapply rupture when vanish comes off CD, I pool energy before kingsbane and I envenom at 2-4 CPs to keep up EP

My sim dps is 370k Despite this I am doing around 320k on Xavius at 869ilvl which seems very low.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5491cf3e; 2016-11-03 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post
    Looking for rotation help, I read the "Assassination rogue bible" as you guys put it buy I could not find one.

I have no good legendary items, my stats at 41% crit/114% mastery. I have 1 vendetta relic 1 rupture crit relic and 1 rupure dmg relic. Got all 3 golden traits in my weapon.

I play EP/MP

Basically I keep up 6pt ruptures and garrote, I vanish to reapply rupture when vanish comes off CD, I pool energy before kingsbane and I envenom at 2-4 CPs to keep up EP

My sim dps is 370k Despite this I am doing around 320k on Xavius at 869ilvl which seems very low.
    You'd be best off linking logs to get some real help. Your stats are better than mine and I almost always pull higher on Xav, so something probably is amiss. One thing I will note is that Vendetta relics are usually only used when you have a set of three, as each one is more powerful than the last. At least that's how I understand it. Still, it wouldn't be making that much of a difference.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post

I play EP/MP

Well, first of all the best way to get real help is posting your logs.

Second, you should go into the discord comunity fo find the best guides right know.

Didn't understand, do you run AP?

That said, you sholud be doing more dps, but it's not like you are doing sooo bad. Look up to another thread where ppl are talking on how to do Xavious. Some recomend always get 5 stacks of AP on secundary targets, and bleeds on it and the boss as well 100% time.

Check your logs and be sure of have 99% up rupture and garrote. Try to line up your CD and remember using them all before geting out of the dream.

I'm finding it hard to get enough mastery to go EP/AP without replacing lots of 5-15+ ilvl agility gear in order to do so. Is this ever worth it, or should I just stick with exsang until I get lucky? My dps as EP/AP is lower than Exsang with my current gear.

My secondary stats are kind of all over the place right now, because I've just been slapping on whatever gives the most agility... I assumed I'd end up with a good high ilvl crit/master set over time, but it's not happening.
    Last edited by uniquesnowflakename; 2016-11-05 at 04:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquesnowflakename View Post
    I'm finding it hard to get enough mastery to go EP/AP without replacing lots of 5-15+ ilvl agility gear in order to do so. Is this ever worth it, or should I just stick with exsang until I get lucky? My dps as EP/AP is lower than Exsang with my current gear.

My secondary stats are kind of all over the place right now, because I've just been slapping on whatever gives the most agility... I assumed I'd end up with a good high ilvl crit/master set over time, but it's not happening.
    boi, there isnt a magic number for mastery. the only stat which really matters is crit. the higher your crit chance the smoother the rotation the higher the ep uptime. this is not only for ep/ap spec but for ep/exsang as well. I simed a lot of very high ep/ap parses with only 90-95% mastery but 47-48% crit (585k on available 895 bis), which is currently my reference for gearing.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-05 at 05:19 AM.